Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Major UA Clutchfit Drive proponent here, and UA/Adidas is nothing to laugh at. In the last few years I've bought and balled in Kobe 9's, Jordan XX9's, Lebron 11's, DS OG Jordan 11's; which all supposedly offered the "best" performance on court (skipped the Kobe 10', Lebron 12's + 13's due to weak performance reviews). Hate on UA/Adidas if you want but all these Nike sig lines are weak performance wise compared to UA's Clutchfit Drive and on par with Adidas' boost line. Since playing in my first pair of Cluthfits, I literally have bought another 10 pairs of clutchfits to ball in for the rest of my life and haven't picked up a pair of Nike basketball shoes in the last 18 months because of how average Nikes perform on court compared to UA's/Adidas. No Nike basketball shoe has ever made me go nuts to have something for life to play in. So if you're thinking Nike is the top performer in basketball sneakers, sorry but things have changed, and the quality just isn't there any more.

I guess some people need that swoosh placebo to play better...

so you skip possibly the best shoe of the year in terms of performance (kobe x) and then talk about adidas? no. there is a reason why kobe shoes have been extremely popular around the league since the 4's, and it's not a fluke. there are more kobe's out there than lebrons, jordan's, curry's, etc. at least every team has a few guys wearing kobe's, the rest are in their sigs or PEs that nike sends them to wear.

one thing that i've learned over the years is to be careful with what "reviews" we should take seriously. last year we had a review of the kobe x (i believe) and then we got footage of the person who was reviewing the shoe. he was someone that would be kicked off his house league team. THOSE are the people you want your info from?

the "stats" are right there. NBA shoe free agents will wear kobe's and swear by them, even some bigs, although they usually go for something with more cushion like an airmax shoe. i've been watching nice kicks on youtube and they do lockerroom tours and pretty much anyone that is a sneaker free agent or is signed with nike has kobe's in their locker. go look for yourself.

Read the comments before you respond. I was pointing out that we need to stop supporting Nike at the prices they are charging. I referenced switching to Under Armour or Adidas for a minute, to put the pressure on Nike to drop their prices. I have not bought a pair of Adidas in 10 years, I have only ever bought one pair of UA.

The price of Kobe 10 and Jordan xx9 is 300$ in Canada!!! THATS INSANE! So I lost my mind and ranted. I love the Kobe line, its all I have worn since it began. Its my go to game shoe. But paying 300$ and in some instances, the Kobe 9 elite, 345$ Canadian, is absolutely nuts, and the prices will keep going up if we continue to show Nike that we will buy their product at those price points. I basically was thinking out loud, how could the sneaker community change this, thats all.

I think people have responded to the high retail prices. Kobe Xs and Lebron 13s (from what I've heard) are great shoes but they're not selling out at retail anymore. Jordan Retros are also sitting. People aren't paying over $200 for anything with a swoosh.

Cheaper Sigs like Kyrie's and Curry's are selling out now.

I think Nike has also responded by putting signatures on discount earlier. 

If you don't like the retail prices then wait till they go on discount. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in this thread does that.

I agree with the clutchfit drive 1. They're great shoes. I only have one pair of the lows but I'm saving them because I don't want to ruin them quickly lol. They feel really good.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last edited:
Read the comments before you respond. I was pointing out that we need to stop supporting Nike at the prices they are charging. I referenced switching to Under Armour or Adidas for a minute, to put the pressure on Nike to drop their prices. I have not bought a pair of Adidas in 10 years, I have only ever bought one pair of UA.

The price of Kobe 10 and Jordan xx9 is 300$ in Canada!!! THATS INSANE! So I lost my mind and ranted. I love the Kobe line, its all I have worn since it began. Its my go to game shoe. But paying 300$ and in some instances, the Kobe 9 elite, 345$ Canadian, is absolutely nuts, and the prices will keep going up if we continue to show Nike that we will buy their product at those price points. I basically was thinking out loud, how could the sneaker community change this, thats all
If your response is to Al3x, I don't think he was directing his comments at you (that's why he quoted the other guy). Also, I'm pretty sure that a large amount of the shoes they listed at such a ridiculous price have gone to discount as of late, no? You can't control the economy.. ranting won't stop anything, if people are willing to pay these steep prices then that means the demand is there and it would be silly for Nike or any other brand to charge less if they're selling. It's just business. For the most part, a large amount of their products have hit the discount racks recently.. and considering they didn't raise the price on the Kobe XI, it could be a hint that Nike is starting to realize this. Also, you suggest switching to Under Armour or Adidas? Let's not forget that the Curry 2 costs $130 while the Kyrie 2 costs $120 and I'm sure the Curry 3 will go up another $10 next year just like the Kyrie will. Not to mention that Adidas also has shoes in which they charge high prices for (i.e the Adidas Ultra Boost which retails for $180). Nike isn't any worse than Adidas or UA, if anything.. they're all trying to follow Nike's business model. My point is, all these companies are the same. Jumping from Nike to Adidas or UA isn't going to change anything. If the product isn't worth the price tag to you, then don't pay.. simple. I know I've been more selective as of late due to these higher prices and I'm sure others have as well. That's why so many shoes are hitting outlets these days and I'm definitely not complaining about that.

Major UA Clutchfit Drive proponent here, and UA/Adidas is nothing to laugh at. In the last few years I've bought and balled in Kobe 9's, Jordan XX9's, Lebron 11's, DS OG Jordan 11's; which all supposedly offered the "best" performance on court (skipped the Kobe 10', Lebron 12's + 13's due to weak performance reviews). Hate on UA/Adidas if you want but all these Nike sig lines are weak performance wise compared to UA's Clutchfit Drive and on par with Adidas' boost line. Since playing in my first pair of Cluthfits, I literally have bought another 10 pairs of clutchfits to ball in for the rest of my life and haven't picked up a pair of Nike basketball shoes in the last 18 months because of how average Nikes perform on court compared to UA's/Adidas. No Nike basketball shoe has ever made me go nuts to have something for life to play in. So if you're thinking Nike is the top performer in basketball sneakers, sorry but things have changed, and the quality just isn't there any more.

I guess some people need that swoosh placebo to play better...
so you skip possibly the best shoe of the year in terms of performance (kobe x) and then talk about adidas? no. there is a reason why kobe shoes have been extremely popular around the league since the 4's, and it's not a fluke. there are more kobe's out there than lebrons, jordan's, curry's, etc. at least every team has a few guys wearing kobe's, the rest are in their sigs or PEs that nike sends them to wear.

one thing that i've learned over the years is to be careful with what "reviews" we should take seriously. last year we had a review of the kobe x (i believe) and then we got footage of the person who was reviewing the shoe. he was someone that would be kicked off his house league team. THOSE are the people you want your info from?

the "stats" are right there. NBA shoe free agents will wear kobe's and swear by them, even some bigs, although they usually go for something with more cushion like an airmax shoe. i've been watching nice kicks on youtube and they do lockerroom tours and pretty much anyone that is a sneaker free agent or is signed with nike has kobe's in their locker. go look for yourself.
Nightwing 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THOSE PRICES! WE NEED TO ALL TAKE A STAND AND NOT BUY NIKES UNTIL THEY BRING THEIR PRICES BACK DOWN TO EARTH! 330$ FOR A PAIR OF SHOES????????????? You are an absolute IDIOT if you support that and buy at the price, and you know what, I hope that the idiot statement I just made to anyone paying that amount of money for a pair of shoes, doesnt belong to anyone, as I hope you are all just as appalled as I am. This is getting ridiculous. Im ready to switch to Under Armour, Brand Black, hell, I might even try a pair of Adidas on for the first time in 10+ years, them DRose's got great reviews. But seriously, we need to stop paying these prices, ALL OF US!

$300 is a lot of money. Luckily a lot of these shoes will end up on sale.

Last edited:
If your response is to Al3x, I don't think he was directing his comments at you (that's why he quoted the other guy). Also, I'm pretty sure that a large amount of the shoes they listed at such a ridiculous price have gone to discount as of late, no? You can't control the economy.. ranting won't stop anything, if people are willing to pay these steep prices then that means the demand is there and it would be silly for Nike or any other brand to charge less if they're selling. It's just business. For the most part, a large amount of their products have hit the discount racks recently.. and considering they didn't raise the price on the Kobe XI, it could be a hint that Nike is starting to realize this. Also, you suggest switching to Under Armour or Adidas? Let's not forget that the Curry 2 costs $130 while the Kyrie 2 costs $120 and I'm sure the Curry 3 will go up another $10 next year just like the Kyrie will. Not to mention that Adidas also has shoes in which they charge high prices for (i.e the Adidas Ultra Boost which retails for $180). Nike isn't any worse than Adidas or UA, if anything.. they're all trying to follow Nike's business model. My point is, all these companies are the same. Jumping from Nike to Adidas or UA isn't going to change anything. If the product isn't worth the price tag to you, then don't pay.. simple. I know I've been more selective as of late due to these higher prices and I'm sure others have as well. That's why so many shoes are hitting outlets these days and I'm definitely not complaining about that.

120$-130$ for signature shoes is a lot better than 300$ wouldnt you say? And I know my rant wasn't gonna change the world, I just needed to put it out there. I hope anyone who reads it stops to think, hmm, maybe I'll do my part and not pay that price, and like you say, wait for them to hit the sale rack. For me, there really isn't a sale rack in Canada. We have stores here that will not lower the price.....ever.....I went to a shoe store that had both he Kobe 9 and the Kobe 7.....the Kobe 7 was still being sold for 240$, the Kobe 9 was 209$. So thats what I'm dealing with where I live. I DONT LIKE ADIDAS at all, and Im warming up to UA, but what I was just suggesting is, if you need a shoe to play in now, buy one of theirs at 120$ instead of a Kobe or Jordan at 300$. If we all did that, and Nike's highest priced shoes stopped selling at those prices, they would be forced to lower their prices. As you said, if people are willing to pay, then why would Nike lower prices......Im saying, don't be willing to pay!

120$-130$ for signature shoes is a lot better than 300$ wouldnt you say? And I know my rant wasn't gonna change the world, I just needed to put it out there. I hope anyone who reads it stops to think, hmm, maybe I'll do my part and not pay that price, and like you say, wait for them to hit the sale rack. For me, there really isn't a sale rack in Canada. We have stores here that will not lower the price.....ever.....I went to a shoe store that had both he Kobe 9 and the Kobe 7.....the Kobe 7 was still being sold for 240$, the Kobe 9 was 209$. So thats what I'm dealing with where I live. I DONT LIKE ADIDAS at all, and Im warming up to UA, but what I was just suggesting is, if you need a shoe to play in now, buy one of theirs at 120$ instead of a Kobe or Jordan at 300$. If we all did that, and Nike's highest priced shoes stopped selling at those prices, they would be forced to lower their prices. As you said, if people are willing to pay, then why would Nike lower prices......Im saying, don't be willing to pay!

What part of Canada do you live in? Tons of Kobe x for $130 at the outlet. Trash colors to me though

I live in British Columbia, The Kobe 10's are the only Kobe shoe I haven't bought multiple of. I am actually sending my 1 pair back today because the air bubble has popped. And yeah, all of the crappy colours end up on sale, but nobody wants those. I can't even get Jordan 29's anywhere here.

You're speaking as if Canadian dollars are the same as US dollars. $300 Canadian is about $216 Which means Curry's and Kyrie's (which are $120-$130 here) retail for around $180 over there correct?  Also, signature shoes always start off low and progress in price as the model continues to grow. The Curry's and Kyries are only on the 2's.. where as the Kobe's and Lebron's are on their 11th/13th models. I'm not saying it's justified but it's just how it is. I think we both agree that Nike is charging too much for sneakers, but plz don't act like all of a sudden you've come to this revelation that the prices are too high, and that the rest of us are too blind or naive to see the same thing. If anything, this year has been a step towards the right direction. We see you man.

You're speaking as if Canadian dollars are the same as US dollars. $300 Canadian is about $216 Which means Curry's and Kyrie's (which are $120-$130 here) retail for around $180 over there correct?  Also, signature shoes always start off low and progress in price as the model continues to grow. The Curry's and Kyries are only on the 2's.. where as the Kobe's and Lebron's are on their 11th/13th models. I'm not saying it's justified but it's just how it is. I think we both agree that Nike is charging too much for sneakers, but plz don't act like all of a sudden you've come to this revelation that the prices are too high, and that the rest of us are too blind or naive to see the same thing. If anything, this year has been a step towards the right direction. We see you man.

Im not acting like its all of the sudden, I just saw that price guideline and flipped, it was the last straw. Its been pissing me off for years how they have steadily increased the price and not given us better quality. The Kobe 10, absolute trash! NEVER PUT VISABLE AIR ON A PERFORMANCE SHOE! I have never had one not burst within the first month of using them......and Im only 185 lbs.

No need for anyone to give me a sermon on how signature shoes got to this point, i have been heavily into the shoe game since 1996. Im hoping to inspire people to refuse to pay the initial high prices that Nike charges. We can make a difference if enough people refuse to buy Nike/Jordan for $3-350. I plan on doing my part, I will not pay retail price for the Kobe X! or the Jordan XXX. I will wait for them to go on sale, or I just won't buy them. I hope whoever reads this will take a similar stance, or set a limit on how many pairs they are willing to pay full price for.

Im not trying to start anything, I just voiced my displeasure, thats all

Im not acting like its all of the sudden, I just saw that price guideline and flipped, it was the last straw. Its been pissing me off for years how they have steadily increased the price and not given us better quality. The Kobe 10, absolute trash! NEVER PUT VISABLE AIR ON A PERFORMANCE SHOE! I have never had one not burst within the first month of using them......and Im only 185 lbs.

Holy crap you must have either Westbrook athleticism or LeBron's muscle mass to be poppin' zoom bags that constantly.

What part of Canada do you live in? Tons of Kobe x for $130 at the outlet. Trash colors to me though

Where?

Even when our dollar was on par/better than the US dollar, we were still charged +$40 more. Add on the 13% sales tax in Toronto and that's a joke. A $140 Kobe 8 back in the day in the US was $200+ tax here, $100 more almost with taxes accounted for, when the dollar was 1:1 (I remember this because I did all my shopping in the US)

No need for anyone to give me a sermon on how signature shoes got to this point, i have been heavily into the shoe game since 1996. Im hoping to inspire people to refuse to pay the initial high prices that Nike charges. We can make a difference if enough people refuse to buy Nike/Jordan for $3-350. I plan on doing my part, I will not pay retail price for the Kobe X! or the Jordan XXX. I will wait for them to go on sale, or I just won't buy them. I hope whoever reads this will take a similar stance, or set a limit on how many pairs they are willing to pay full price for.

I don't buy anything at retail, I wait for it to go on discount (rare in Canada) or I get hooked up. Not everyone has the same benefits as me and I feel bad for those people.

After I get the XI I'll give the curry a shot.

I actually like the Kobe 10 performance wise. I can't find any real weaknesses in the shoe and it might be one of my favorite performance bball shoes out right now. But that's all subjective. Like I stated earlier...I think we both agree that Nike is charging too much for sneakers, but the bigger problem is when people pay above retail. When Nike see's people selling their products for more than they originally charged for the product. That's the bigger problem that drives these price increases. I'm glad to see you're doing your part, I'm trying to do my part as well.

My first time peeping the kobe xi's. Was hoping i didn't like for i could save money, but looks like i'll need the bruce lees and hyper grapes. I passed on all x's and wasn't able to get htm's

Last edited:
Where?
Even when our dollar was on par/better than the US dollar, we were still charged +$40 more. Add on the 13% sales tax in Toronto and that's a joke. A $140 Kobe 8 back in the day in the US was $200+ tax here, $100 more almost with taxes accounted for, when the dollar was 1:1 (I remember this because I did all my shopping in the US)

Well yeah, salaries and wages are higher in Canada than they are in the US.

Where?

kobe 8 9 10 I've seen at outlets in Toronto for $130 - $200. It's always the weaker colorways that don't sell

Too bad Mamba was out tonight, would have liked to see if he would have worn an 11 with the Hollywood Nights jerseys.

Back
Top Bottom