Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Only the likes of people on forums like this will know though. Most of these kicks we clamor for have no history or story behind them, only the colorway is dope.
Who cares about the stories. Stories are the bull Nike comes up with for colorways. For instance, I don't care that they made a shoe commemorating the time Kobe jumped into a pool at 5 AM. 

Who cares about the stories. Stories are the bull Nike comes up with for colorways. For instance, I don't care that they made a shoe commemorating the time Kobe jumped into a pool at 5 AM. 
Stories was probably the wrong word to use. I don't care about any of that mess.

When I think of a story behind a shoe I think of the Banned AJ1, Last Shot AJ14, Flu Game AJ12 etc. So I'm speaking more so of the history.

When I think of a story behind a shoe I think of the Banned AJ1, Last Shot AJ14, Flu Game AJ12 etc. So I'm speaking more so of the history.
Yeah I like the stories that happen through random situational occurrence. I don't like it when Nike reaches for a story in order to add significance to a product just to increase sales.

That's an issue with legacy lines, when a player retires but their shoe line keeps going, Nike has to stretch for a story for all the new cw's.

Tried them on and NICE comfort but I just can't do them BHM's with that white bottom in Chicago but All Stars will probably be my pair no matter how they are done since it will be Kobe's last. I went with my normal 10.5 for my wide foot although TTS I am a 10.

Youll find out that nike is genius when they start releasing all the kicks we clamor for when they start doing retros. Nike is planning for the future

Nobody is going to remember that one pair (PE) that Kobe wore at some random meaningless game a couple years from now

Last edited:
X's didn't have any story or history worthy shoes, the IX's at least has mamba moments

Last edited:
Nobody is going to remember that one pair (PE) that Kobe wore at some random meaningless game a couple years from now

I somewhat agree but it's Nike. They will definitely remind the consumers. Seriously though, PB&J story line for KD?

Retros I want are the 81 point Kobe 1s, finals Kobe 4s, and definitely Masterpiece 9s. So much more, but those are at the top of my head.

If they retro the kobe line
I want the following shoes:

1. kobe 5 finals - away
2. Kobe 4 MLK
3 Kobe 4 Chaos
4. Kobe 1 - 81 pts
5. Kobe 5 Chaos
6. Kobe 5 Aston Martin
7. Kobe 1 USA
8. Kobe 4 Carpe Diem
9. Kobe 4 Del Sol
10. Kobe 2 USA

These are 
smokin.gif

12568194_447216932135723_914743279_n.jpg

nthat.gif

I somewhat agree but it's Nike. They will definitely remind the consumers. Seriously though, PB&J story line for KD?
I feel that this would be the case. Nike's marketing is very good and will remind us that they were pairs kobe wore in game. Obviously Kobe hasn't accomplished much in the 11's but its still the model that will be known for his last on court. The only historical pair I would think maybe the 33K's. Some other shoes Kobe hasn't had anything historically happen but I think they will retro as well.

I personally Nike would release more PE's I just feel that it isn't a co-incidence that they don't that's all I'm saying with this.  

Half the people that buy Jordan's or Nike basketball shoes don't even watch basketball. They don't care who is wearing what. They just wear what's popular

Half the people that buy Jordan's or Nike basketball shoes don't even watch basketball. They don't care who is wearing what. They just wear what's popular
Very true as well. That is a testament to Nike's marketing and creating brand recognition as well as integrating sneakers into pop culture through celebrity endorsement.  

Hey man I just like wearing cool sneakers, playing basketball or knowing the back story behind a pair of shoes doesn't matter. As long as they look 
smokin.gif
 I'm good

Last edited:
Patiently waiting for the 11s to get below $150. The comfort is unreal.

Tried these on at the local and my TTS fit great where I had to half size up for the 8 and 9.

X's didn't have any story or history worthy shoes, the IX's at least has mamba moments
the 5 rings christmas shoe had a great double meaning, the DS had a great story but the colorway wasn't as inspiring as the story, rivalries also weren't bad and most rave about the mambacurials(i call them the spurs) though they could've been better

Back
Top Bottom