Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Placed my order a few days ago with lmtdsupply for the BHM's, just emailed them to see if I could get a credit for that "vino24" discount. Fingers Crossed.

Real cool story on that 81 points pickup. Nike really dropped the ball today. What a missed opportunity for them.

I just noticed that they put one of the lace dubres on facing the wrong way
laugh.gif
It's facing down, can't even see "BHM."

I was going to take them off anyway but jeeesh.

Last edited:
LMTD code said that its reached its limit when i tried. Struck out again smh.

Well we all know the story of what happened 10 years ago. But 9 years ago, Niketown LA released the 81 point ZK1's.

There was a website named why 81.com. You could register there for the scavenger hunt. I met up with another NT'er (Chris) and we drove to Niketown LA.

They gave us card and there were 4 places we had to visit. I'll be honest. I don't even remember the 4 places. Me and Chris rode around LA speeding to get to these spots. We finally got to the 3rd spot and found out NTLA was the last place. There were only 81 pairs available and the only size you could get was size 14. Crazy enough that was my size and Chris's size.

We made it back but knew we still had a chance. We got in line and we both got pairs....

View media item 1880339View media item 1880340View media item 1880341View media item 1880342View media item 1880343View media item 1880344
Was a great day....

A year later, Nike had a promotion for the ZK2's. I really forget how this one went down but Nike had opened a new store in LA. I truly forget the name and even how the promotion went down, but if you won you got to play in this game and they told us we would be playing with Kobe. Turns out Kobe would only referee the game. At the end of the game they let us buy the ZK2's a week early and Kobe would autograph them. I had brought the 81 point shoes with me. I snuck one in the box with the ZK2's. He looked at the ZK1...but signed it anyway. Just sucks he was only doing the KB24 auto for this promotion. I have since sold those ZK2's... But these will never leave...

View media item 1880351View media item 1880352
I always take them out every once in a while...today was extra special. :smokin

i hate you so much brah!!! :smh: :rofl: those are fire :lol: sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Yea hope some of y'all won with that code from lmtd. I decided not to pick up. I have 4 pairs of Kobe 9s and 2 pairs of 10s. I love the BHM colorway and I will prob catch the regrets but I need to sell some of these 9s or rock them more before I get anymore balling shoes.

Awesome story about getting the Why 81s & game/autograph tupac003 tupac003 :smokin. Wish I was living in LA at that time so I could've had a chance at them.

Last edited:
btw i saw my boy sporting his BHM at the gym tonight and i was trolling as sheeet,,sooner or later i will cop below retail
nerd.gif
Yeaaah bro! These BHMs are f'ing dope.  Me and 619 always see each other rocking kobes at the gym, but had no idea we both were on niketalk till today, ha. 

Quick initial thoughts on the 11 -

Wore them to lift today and did some warm up/plyometric/sprint work before (no actual in game or on court use but the aerobic room I used is hardwood and decently kept.  

So when I first put these on...wow, pretty damn comfy, like one of the most comfy basketball shoes in recent memory.  The tongue padding is amazing - it's like a memory foam almost, heel padding is pretty thick, and even though its got the minimalist lunarlon/zoom set up, it all comes together nicely...super comfy shoe.  I imagine all you guys who just use for casual will love just chilling with these on your feet all day.  Fit and lockdown are amazing.  Not sure what all the fuss about sizing was earlier in this thread. Pretty much TTS though if you were going to do anything I'd size down a 1/2 size as I def think some stretching in flyknit will happen after some more use.

And then there's traction. I can't give a legit/completely accurate assessment yet.  I'm a guard who relies on quickness and cuts, so traction is HUGE.  Every cut I made laterally while sprinting/moving forward or back, these things responded really well.  They actually felt great.  Then I started to do some full on sprints/suicides  getting up towards my max speed and when I made my hard plant and cut to sprint the other way there was some def slipping on my plant foot.  I'm a bit worried what might happen on your basic 24 hour/community center hard courts when you are getting up to higher speeds and have to make a hard, change of direction cut.  Other smaller cuts, and movements when not towards top speed seem like these will be legit.  So pretty much bigger guys, or maybe spot up shooters who play at a little slower pace should be completely fine and the traction will prob be pretty good.  I don't think they're as bad as some say but I think quicker players might run into some problems.

Overall, these things look sick, feel amazing, and Im holding out hope they will hold up traction wise in game.  If they do this could be one of it not my favorite kobes/bball shoes depending on the colorways they end up giving us (purple/whites and del sols please).

btw i saw my boy sporting his BHM at the gym tonight and i was trolling as sheeet,,sooner or later i will cop below retail :nerd:

U missed the soleheaven deal.$166 shipped. It aint gettin better than that without swoosh or a nike outlet deal.

Yeaaah bro! These BHMs are f'ing dope.  Me and 619 always see each other rocking kobes at the gym, but had no idea we both were on niketalk till today, ha. 

Quick initial thoughts on the 11 -

Wore them to lift today and did some warm up/plyometric/sprint work before (no actual in game or on court use but the aerobic room I used is hardwood and decently kept.  

So when I first put these on...wow, pretty damn comfy, like one of the most comfy basketball shoes in recent memory.  The tongue padding is amazing - it's like a memory foam almost, heel padding is pretty thick, and even though its got the minimalist lunarlon/zoom set up, it all comes together nicely...super comfy shoe.  I imagine all you guys who just use for casual will love just chilling with these on your feet all day.  Fit and lockdown are amazing.  Not sure what all the fuss about sizing was earlier in this thread. Pretty much TTS though if you were going to do anything I'd size down a 1/2 size as I def think some stretching in flyknit will happen after some more use.

And then there's traction. I can't give a legit/completely accurate assessment yet.  I'm a guard who relies on quickness and cuts, so traction is HUGE.  Every cut I made laterally while sprinting/moving forward or back, these things responded really well.  They actually felt great.  Then I started to do some full on sprints/suicides  getting up towards my max speed and when I made my hard plant and cut to sprint the other way there was some def slipping on my plant foot.  I'm a bit worried what might happen on your basic 24 hour/community center hard courts when you are getting up to higher speeds and have to make a hard, change of direction cut.  Other smaller cuts, and movements when not towards top speed seem like these will be legit.  So pretty much bigger guys, or maybe spot up shooters who play at a little slower pace should be completely fine and the traction will prob be pretty good.  I don't think they're as bad as some say but I think quicker players might run into some problems.

Overall, these things look sick, feel amazing, and Im holding out hope they will hold up traction wise in game.  If they do this could be one of it not my favorite kobes/bball shoes depending on the colorways they end up giving us (purple/whites and del sols please).
Thanks for the review, update when you try on court aswell!

Back
Top Bottom