Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
View media item 1943530

Had these in my cart when they released but came out to damn near $40 after CA tax + ship. Thought to myself I can't pay $40 for 1 pair of socks thats crazy. The $28 retail was tough enough. I thought they might ship free and maybe no tax for online but boy was I wrong. Very nice though but no sock is worth $40. Companies getting too greedy. Just cuz they slap limited on it they feel they should charge outrageous prices.

Last week I bought the Nike Free Oregon trainers from Nike.com for $44. Money much better spent
View media item 1943547

RESTOCK on those socks? it was in my cart the other day but i changed my mind i thought it was overpriced for a pair of socks

Last edited:
I usually wait to order from Stance until there's a few pairs I want to get so I can get the free shipping on $50, when I got the other two Kobe pairs, came out to 40, so I added a pair of super invisible socks which brought it to 50 even.
I received a shipping confirmation from kobebryant.com.

I ask cuz I find Nike bball socks to be too thick for casual wear 

Im sure they are comfy I just cant see myself ever paying $20 for a pair of socks

I got a few FNL WC to burn maybe Ill pickup a pair :lol:  

I use the Nike elite or thick socks if I have a shoe that's a little to big for me. It fills up that extra space for me. Makes the 11.5 fit like an 11

I just got a pair of XI's and they are comfortable but the traction (as all the reviews stated) is sketchy and for some reason they are kind of clumpy. It almost sounds like i'm wearing dress shoes or something. Anyone else experience this? Do they improve with break in? I may take mine back, Hibbit had a pair of left over X's which were near perfect IMO.

you play basketball in them or just for casual use? 

I actually run in them, and then of course casual use, but casual as in hanging around the house, i'll never be caught wearing high socks just out and about :lol:. As someone else said, high socks can take away too much from the actual shoes you're wearing, plus its just not a good look.

and I too got my shipping from kobebryant.com. looks like they wernt all pre orders after all

Last edited:
I just got a pair of XI's and they are comfortable but the traction (as all the reviews stated) is sketchy and for some reason they are kind of clumpy. It almost sounds like i'm wearing dress shoes or something. Anyone else experience this? Do they improve with break in? I may take mine back, Hibbit had a pair of left over X's which were near perfect IMO.
Yeah i think they are clunky. Havent played in them yet, but im slipping and sliding when i walk through tiled floors lile crazy. I bet i can do a mean moonwalk in these

I  think i found one 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yeah i think they are clunky. Havent played in them yet, but im slipping and sliding when i walk through tiled floors lile crazy. I bet i can do a mean moonwalk in these

I kind of hope they break in because they are comfortable. I considered other shoes but the Curry 2's but the cushioning in the 1's wasn't soft enough for my old legs. I really like my X's and remember it took a few games before I could trust the traction but once those broke in they were probably the best shoes I've played in. I am going to play in my XI's Saturday and see how they feel. Hope they are good but if not I may get KD8's a try.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2016-03/kobe-11-apocalypse

"As a hardwood icon's illustrious career comes to a close, the Kobe 11 continues to celebrate with new colorways and performance innovation. The latest iteration salutes the Black Mamba in winning fashion with callouts to the league legend."

Was hoping they would go into more detail concerning the design like the stitched swoosh and the symbols on the back. 

Last edited:
Apocalypse? Nike trippin with these nicknames. I would expect a dark base for a shoe named Apocalypse.

Back
Top Bottom