Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Yea there was like four people around me who won. The guy who had the number right after me won. Some people had their whole family there becuase their daughter won. I wish they didn't allow that many people sign up for the event. They even allowed people who got there late still enter. Odds were definitely against us.

you mean directly behind him? Cheesing for a minute?

Yea I was talking to this dude next to me and we were cracking up b/c ppl were getting pissed every time a number started with 3 or were like damn it I was one number off.

Yea I was talking to this dude next to me and we were cracking up b/c ppl were getting pissed every time a number started with 3 or were like damn it I was one number off.

That last part is soo true :lol:

I had 3805 and i think 3807 and 3804 were called I WAS heated. :lol: after those i gave up hope.

My advice on people thinking about spending bank on fade to black 11s is to wait a minute. I've found shoes often follow a similar pattern. Right after release prices skyrocket because people are pissed they missed out so they pay the premium. This is the worst time to buy because hype is at an all time high.

Then in a couple months prices drop because people move on to the next hyped drop and it is not in demand as much. This is the best time to buy. Finally after a year or more prices begin to climb back up because pairs begin to dry up and the item becomes harder to find

Last edited:
thats a nice jacket is it the warm up one?

Thanks. It's not a warmup one, I got it in 2012 or 2013 I believe on sale at FTL for like 30$ it was regular price $130 I think.

$_1.JPG

My advice on people thinking about spending bank on fade to black 11s is to wait a minute. I've found shoes often follow a similar pattern. Right after release prices skyrocket because people are pissed they missed out so they pay the premium. This is the worst time to buy because hype is at an all time high.

Then in a couple months prices drop because people move on to the next hyped drop and it is not in demand as much. This is the best time to buy. Finally after a year or more prices begin to climb back up because pairs begin to dry up and the item becomes harder to find
Yea you have a point. I think masterpiece 9s followed this trend. Masterpieces have dropped in price and never really went up though. Just hoping that more of these pop up and the price drops a couple hundred. One of the best and most significant shoes imo. 

THIS. I called him out on it.

3668 was my number.

Called 3667 AND 3669....BACK TO BACK.

Knew I was taking the L after that...but ended up calling 3670, 3664, 3660, and 3674.
mean.gif
Yo I think I was talking to you. Were you wearing chaos 5s?

Something to keep in mind...

When Nike released the 10 HTMs online that afternoon last October, the 'Race Cars' were selling for $900 to $1100 on the bay in the days that followed.  A couple weeks later, they were down to $700-$800.  Now, just six months later, someone will struggle to get $500 selling a deadstock pair of 'Race Cars.'  

$1100-$1000 to $400-$500 in just 6 months.  I know someone who got a size 11 Race Car a couple weeks back for $350 PP.  They would have probably paid at least $900 if they would have pulled the trigger the week after they came out.

I can tell from looking at the listenings now (on the bay) for FTB 11s there are around 100-150 pairs currently listed, and that's after a lot have already been sold to people who were willing to overpay through the nose for them.  People are still posting more pair for sale too.

Patience almost always pays off.

Last edited:
just came back from Santa Anita HOH and they said that they raffled off the shoes on Monday and sold out yesterday. I asked why wasn't it on their website and they insisted that it was on the Launch Locator. And when I said no it wasn't, only Beverly and Culver were on, she then said oh well then they were announced on IG and Twitter publicly and thats how people knew about the raffles.

Something to keep in mind...

When Nike released the 10 HTMs online that afternoon last October, the 'Race Cars' were selling for $900 to $1100 on the bay in the days that followed.  A couple weeks later, they were down to $700-$800.  Now, just six months later, someone will struggle to get $500 selling a deadstock pair of 'Race Cars.'  

$1100-$1000 to $400-$500 in just 6 months.  I know someone who got a size 11 Race Car a couple weeks back for $350 PP.  They would have probably paid at least $900 if they would have pulled the trigger the week after they came out.

I can tell from looking at the listenings now (on the bay) for FTB 11s there are around 100-150 pairs currently listed, and that's after a lot have already been sold to people who were willing to overpay through the nose for them.  People are still posting more pair for sale too.

Patience almost always pays off.
Thanks NT, I feel the salt dissolving with each post like this. Just gonna wait it out and that would be amazing if price drops like that. 

Back
Top Bottom