Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Something to keep in mind...

When Nike released the 10 HTMs online that afternoon last October, the 'Race Cars' were selling for $900 to $1100 on the bay in the days that followed.  A couple weeks later, they were down to $700-$800.  Now, just six months later, someone will struggle to get $500 selling a deadstock pair of 'Race Cars.'  

$1100-$1000 to $400-$500 in just 6 months.  I know someone who got a size 11 Race Car a couple weeks back for $350 PP.  They would have probably paid at least $900 if they would have pulled the trigger the week after they came out.

I can tell from looking at the listenings now (on the bay) for FTB 11s there are around 100-150 pairs currently listed, and that's after a lot have already been sold to people who were willing to overpay through the nose for them.  People are still posting more pair for sale too.

Patience almost always pays off.

Repped

The do know we can just go back through tweets and IG posts and see that they listed nothing right? If I didn't have these VIP rewards to use they'd never get my business again.

Cost of living's just part of the equation, you NY/Cali cats also get higher salaries compared to Wisconsin...
Cost of Living offsets salary. As someone who has lived in burbs and some of the most expensive cities in this country. I always had more disposable income in the burbs vs the city 
Kustoo won the Vault raffle
Just watching this video made me reflect and say congrats for all you cats who submit raffles, camp, etc. 
pimp.gif

I hate waiting on popcorn to pop, couldnt imagine waiting hrs to win or fail 
My advice on people thinking about spending bank on fade to black 11s is to wait a minute. I've found shoes often follow a similar pattern. Right after release prices skyrocket because people are pissed they missed out so they pay the premium. This is the worst time to buy because hype is at an all time high.

Then in a couple months prices drop because people move on to the next hyped drop and it is not in demand as much. This is the best time to buy. Finally after a year or more prices begin to climb back up because pairs begin to dry up and the item becomes harder to find
The best thing wouldve been like someone mentioned earlier, on RD just offer them cash as soon they get the shoe. In most cases people are buy shoes to fund the next shoe so thats the time deals are made right as they exit the store. 

I get the hype surrounding the shoe but if I was to pay resale Id probably buy a older model 

The best way for the price to drop is not pay resale price, hold strong. Pay what your happy with maybe the same or a little bit above what the rest of the FTB pack go for. So between $4-600. Please it is the only way, dont let your friends pay it either.

Something to keep in mind...

When Nike released the 10 HTMs online that afternoon last October, the 'Race Cars' were selling for $900 to $1100 on the bay in the days that followed.  A couple weeks later, they were down to $700-$800.  Now, just six months later, someone will struggle to get $500 selling a deadstock pair of 'Race Cars.'  

$1100-$1000 to $400-$500 in just 6 months.  I know someone who got a size 11 Race Car a couple weeks back for $350 PP.  They would have probably paid at least $900 if they would have pulled the trigger the week after they came out.

I can tell from looking at the listenings now (on the bay) for FTB 11s there are around 100-150 pairs currently listed, and that's after a lot have already been sold to people who were willing to overpay through the nose for them.  People are still posting more pair for sale too.

Patience almost always pays off.

Kobe didn't drop 60 points in his last game ever in the Race Cars tho.

This brings up an interesting point....how much of the current $1,300 XI value is the actual shoe and how much is value is the last game and 60 pts contribute? If Kobe got 6 pts and shot 25% from the floor on Wednesday, would these be worth as much? If that was the case, these would be $400-600 like the rest of them.

The best way for the price to drop is not pay resale price, hold strong. Pay what your happy with maybe the same or a little bit above what the rest of the FTB pack go for. So between $4-600. Please it is the only way, dont let your friends pay it either.
Even a good number of the pairs that people overpaid for will be put back into the market again.  Some of these people pay 1k for sneakers that just sit in the box for a couple months because they're too hesitant put any wear on sneakers they paid 1K for.  They wind up selling them again at a substantial loss when they realize they are just sitting in the box, and they wasted $.  Most people who are paying the crazy amounts are not making rational purchases.  

Example...I saw multiple pairs for sale on FClub for about $1250 before they were purchased up.  I saw the same sizes sell for $1500 and $1600 on the bay.  Why on earth would someone pay $1600 for same exact sneaker that was easily available on another site for $1200?  Many of these irrational people are just lost in the hype...they aren't even taking 10 mins to do a little homework before making a purchase over 1K.  

Nah he texts me lol. He's got plug inside foot stores and Ntowns. He doesn't tell me the exact stores tho.

Kobe didn't drop 60 points in his last game ever in the Race Cars tho.

This brings up an interesting point....how much of the current $1,300 XI value is the actual shoe and how much is value is the last game and 60 pts contribute? If Kobe got 6 pts and shot 25% from the floor on Wednesday, would these be worth as much? If that was the case, these would be $400-600 like the rest of them.
I was checking eBay periodically throughout the day as I struck out.  Pricing was actually less than $500 after the FTL release, continued to climb after the Nike EU and US releases, and was probably around $7-800 right before the game started.  I thought about buying immediately after the FTL release, but I'm sure the seller wouldn't have shipped them out anyway haha!

LOL ds for ds? you are wilding out bro.

i would never trade a retro of that caliber for these hyped up FTB KOBE XIs.  feel sad for the idiots buying them at these prices.

oh so i am trading over? i see on flightclub my ds concords are going for 700 which i feel is overpriced too. i dont mind the trade since im more of a kobe fan and won the wings already anyways. dont get me wrong tho, i am not planning on paying no 1000 bucks tho for the ftb, just seeing if that trade was fair. thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom