Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The date on the back is not stitched and some are rubbing off???

Thanks for posting that.

Now I know to focus my attention on 2 of the other pairs from this pack that I would like.  In my heart, I think I would rather have the 1's and the 9's...this just makes the decision that much easier.

I'll iD a black and gold pair at the bell with a 20% code if the black horses are not too similar.

Last edited:
It's funny how quickly perceptions can change...now we wait for prices to fall accordingly
Well that's a big part of the shoe imo. The colorway can be replicated through Nike id (except for translucent black). The only other things about the shoe (heel, tab, date and xx) also make it what it is but your telling me the date can rub off....I'll pass. Nike ids stitch them in...

The date on the back is not stitched and some are rubbing off???

Thanks for posting that.

Now I know to focus my attention on 2 of the other pairs from this pack that I would like.  In my heart, I think I would rather have the 1's and the 9's...this just makes the decision that much easier.

I'll iD a black and gold pair at the bell with a 20% code if the black horses are not too similar.
I was going to do the same thing. But i already have an all black ID pair and the black flyknit doesnt look good at all. It has a white dry finish to it. not smooth black

I am having this same issue...after seeing the above post, I don't think I'll ever be able to put them on lol.  The current value of the shoe is just too high, makes me scared to do anything but look at em. Not exactly the collector type either, so I'm almost at the point where I'd rather sell and use the money to ID 4 pairs I can wear without worry, lmao
[/quote]
Aw man that stings. Just got to work out where to put them to see them best now, above the fire maybe. Or just sell them and cop one of those new Lebrons. Jokies hehe
But I darent wear them now

Well that's a big part of the shoe imo. The colorway can be replicated through Nike id (except for translucent black). The only other things about the shoe (heel, tab, date and xx) also make it what it is but your telling me the date can rub off....I'll pass. Nike ids stitch them in...
There's nothing wrong with the perception of the shoe changing because the date rubs off. I was implying that I feel sorry for those who paid 1K plus for them...

The paint was rubbed off
mean.gif

Damn :/

Maybe once it all rubs off, you can go and get the same thread color and have it professionally stitched on?
I completely agree with you about the 1k purchases. There's only one shoe I would ever be willing to pay that much for. But I guess that alternative wouldn't be so bad. Just a shame that a shoe that has so much meaning would have quality issues like that. That should have been stitched.

Now I can see why a pair of black iDs cost more (retail) than the XI FTBs.  On the iDs, they will actually stitch the 4.13.16 (inside the tongue)....
tongue.gif

DeRozan better be wearing 11s tonight - hopefully he learned his lesson on Saturday on what happens if he rocks anything else (even if it was an older Kobe from the FTB pack).

But does it come in Flat/Metallic Gold though? Nope...

It will be interesting to see how university gold stitching looks :lol:

Now I can see why a pair of black iDs cost more (retail) than the XI FTBs.  On the iDs, they will actually stitch the 4.13.16 (inside the tongue)....:tongue:

I'm wondering if these were painted on at the bell just in case it wasn't Kobe's last game.  What if he got hurt before the final game?  Changed his mind about retiring?  

And as unlikely as it would have been...if these were manufactured 5 or 6 months earlier (would have to see the inside tag), the Lakers could have gone on an very improbable run the last 3 or 4 months of the season and squeezed into the playoffs, which would mean it wouldn't be his last game on that date.

Still...it cheapens the shoe a lot in my mind.  They could have gone with something other than a date on the back of that shoe that was actually stitched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom