Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Would not go as far as to say these 'Barcelona' Mambacurials are 'limited.'  But I called my friend at FL after seeing that release locater map posted up there being a little more sparse than usual, and he seems to think these are similar to the White Horse release.  In my area, it's mostly HOH getting them.

I believe Niketown in NYC is doing something Barca related tomorrow (twitter), maybe one of the players appearing or something.  I think maybe this is all related to Nike and Barca extending their partnership back in May for the next decade.

Maybe those Hot Pink Curials are for the masses, and these are in smaller numbers?  Regardless....I didn't hesitate to use my 'Reservation' and ordered them just to be safe.  Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Think I'm going to cop.  We know these will "sell out" and people will regret later that they couldn't get them.  Also seeing that map locator I'd rather not take my chances, because here in the bay area there are a lot of Kobe fans.  $220 though I hate you Nike, but that heel tab is going to be fresh.

Edit - Great time to use a 10% promo code with the new Nike + app also.  Score. $198 not as bad.

Last edited:
I'll pass on my RSVP for the Mambacurial. Now if the Nike+ App gave me an RSVP for the Black Horse :nerd: those will be copped no question :smokin

You guys sound like old crabs [emoji]128514[/emoji]. We get it youre not into relevancy or chose not be. But no need to pat each other on the back about being old cause y'all looking bitter asf!
Don't get the sock thing either.  15 or 50.  No way I'm dropping $20 for socks.   Not wearing socks up to my knees either, or wearing sweats that fit like yoga pants.

Last edited:

How do you get 20% code?
Most times it's because there were issues with your order or your item. That being said, I've gotten codes just for going online and chatting and asking about the status of my order. It really depends on the rep you are talking with. 

Not 11s but Kobe nonetheless...
glasses.gif
Damn homie, he signed them?! 
eek.gif

A few pages back I read some having issues with the BL's traction.. and I have to agree, I rolled my ankle wearing the BL's bc the sole attracted a lot of dust and was so slippery. The BHM's were just fine. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve the translucent soles on the BL's?

A few pages back I read some having issues with the BL's traction.. and I have to agree, I rolled my ankle wearing the BL's bc the sole attracted a lot of dust and was so slippery. The BHM's were just fine. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve the translucent soles on the BL's?
Yeah, don't play in them.
frown.gif

I'm so disappointed that I can't play with these indoors because of the ****** traction. I'm stuck with wearing them for casual wear but they're just so loud that it's hard to rock casually all the time.

I seriously don't understand how some people are getting good traction with these. Their definition of good traction must be different from mines or something. The courts I play on are clean and go through maintenance. I use a different pair of shoes on the same court and those get excellent traction. 

I wish there was some sort of spray we can use or something. 
mad.gif

At the end of the day, it's still a beautiful shoe that I like - just mad I can't use it to hoop. 

Very tempted to cop another pair with the solid outsole just so I can hoop in them. But I gotta control myself since I got too many sneakers already :frown:

Last edited:
Never understood the sock game that's going on now. I guess my age(32) puts me in the old man group anyway

Same.  

I went into a jewelry store recently to get a battery replaced in a watch.  As I was waiting, some guy (I believe older than both of us) got security 'buzzed' in, and had his sock game going.  The employees immediately didn't take him serious (and he did wind-up acting like a clown while I was there, but that's beside the point).  

I never got the sock game thing, and after that, it got cemented even more.  I think it helps if you are of a certain age to be able to pull that off, at least off a court.

Agreed, I'm 34.  Don't get the sock thing but it's trendy and I'm old so why would I?  I don't get most of today's fashion anyway, it looks like recycled trends from my childhood... bright/neon colors, skinny pants, goofy socks, chicks with high rise bottoms...  I'm waiting for the resurgence of No Fear and Big Johnson t-shirts along with clothing with blurry print.  
I'm actually older than the majority of the guys here. I'm entering my fourth decade later this year. Those socks are actually my only printed pair of socks. I usually rock the Stance no-shows for casual and the Stance NBA crew cut for ball. I highly recommend Stance NBA socks for ball for those who haven't tried it. They cost a little more than Nike Elites but much better, IMO. I've made at least 6-7 trips this year to my local Stance outlet and have spent enough to buy two pairs of Kobe XI Elites on Stance no-show athletic and NBA socks. It's an addiction I need to quit. Lol.

Yeah, don't play in them. :frown:

I'm so disappointed that I can't play with these indoors because of the ****** traction. I'm stuck with wearing them for casual wear but they're just so loud that it's hard to rock casually all the time.

I seriously don't understand how some people are getting good traction with these. Their definition of good traction must be different from mines or something. The courts I play on are clean and go through maintenance. I use a different pair of shoes on the same court and those get excellent traction. 

I wish there was some sort of spray we can use or something. >:  

At the end of the day, it's still a beautiful shoe that I like - just mad I can't use it to hoop. 

Very tempted to cop another pair with the solid outsole just so I can hoop in them. But I gotta control myself since I got too many sneakers already :frown:
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've limited my BL to casual use only. I tried using them on clean courts and it just collects too much dust over time and traction is non existent. When you first clean the outsoles, they feel great and kinda sticky. However, that stickiness collects dirt and the traction vanishes. They remind me of the sticky hands that you get from the quarter vending machines. They're great at first...they stick to walls, glass, plastic, etc. Over time, it will accumulate dust and dirt particles and will lose it's tacky feel. Soon you can run your finger over the surface and your finger will just glide across without feeling the sticky surface. View media item 2157410

I've had the Achilles since release and I don't really have a problem with it. Sucks for those that want to play in these but the traction isn't working for them

I played in my GCRs on an indoor court and the traction sucked for me as well. The court wasn't the cleanest but it wasn't horrible either.

Kobe XI Tinkers are now back up to $179.99 on Footlocker.com. I guess the $119.99 was a price mistake. Still no shipping comfirmation tho for my orders. The Avars are not even there anymore.

Yeah, don't play in them. :frown:

I wish there was some sort of spray we can use or something. >:  

baby wipes not even joking. The 98cents pack at walmart, I use on all my soles and whatever is in them makes the rubber stick and tacky feeling you'll notice a big difference, scrub until you notice soapy white stuff all over the sole wipe with a towel. Do it after every on court use

Back
Top Bottom