OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

^
Why trade for a guy that makes a ton of money, when you can sign a guy for less, and not give up anything? 

Fish/Kirk
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Lamar
Kirk/Fish
Farmar
Manu
Sasha
Powell
Shannon
Mbenga
Luke

nerd.gif
... ... ... ...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fish/Kirk
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Lamar
Kirk/Fish
Farmar
Manu
Sasha
Powell
Shannon
Mbenga
Luke

nerd.gif
... ... ... ...
smokin.gif
Would you guys give up Bynum and Luke to get Love and Rubio?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If we're talking about next season, I like Kelenna Azubuike (if he's 100% recovered).

He's athletic, versatile, can defend and hit threes. Fits the mold of what the Lakers have been going after as far as athletic, no names (Trevor Ariza and Shannon Brown).
I agree 100%. I've wanted him on the Lakers ever since he broke out.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Why trade for a guy that makes a ton of money, when you can sign a guy for less, and not give up anything? 
It wouldn't really make a difference. We'd give up two guys whose salaries total Hinrich's instead of signing a guy to add more salary to what we already have.

^

trade sasha and farmar and amo or something for kirk im sure it'll work

Dear Lakers,

Please keep playing like you have been these last two games. This is what we've wanted to see all year.  I hope this means you guys decided to flip the switch. Especially you, Ron.  First time in a while this season that I've actually had a lot of fun watching you guys play.

pimp.gif

Finally looking great out there. I'm trying to fly to socal next Tuesday to catch that Toronto game, I've only been to one game at Staples and of course it was a loss against the Bobcats where Kobe got ejected
mad.gif

It was nice to see Bynum playing smart and giving his all against the Heat tonight. Lakers' future is in good hands
pimp.gif

Gasol playing like a dude on steroids
pimp.gif

Phil finally did the right move and decided to play Farmar in crunch time and he responded like we knew he could.
pimp.gif

--Thats a lot of smoking hats considering it was a Laker loss.
--This is a Heat team that is sub .500. Lakers shouldve owned. Point blank.

--The last 3 game losing streak of the season comes this weekend when we play the Bobcats today and the Magic on Sunday.

So everyone saw the game, and we all hated losing, but I saw something VERy interesting, and not quite sure how it will all work out, could be good for us, could be bad for us. 

Kobe went into the zone last night.  We all saw it.  He was ridiculous.  One of those stretches where he can literally win a game by himself.  And at the end of OT, there he is 16 straight points, not missing a shot, literally glowing like a video game, posting up at the elbow, and Farmar looks right at him just off to his right, and turns and swings the ball to the left to LO, who clangs a 3. 
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

So everyone got a little of what they wanted there.  Kobe carrying the whole team, but a teammate sayin naw, let us play too and ignoring him and going to someone else.  Problem with that was, Odom shoulda said, "yo, wait up a sec, we crazy right here, this gotta go back to Kobe right now" but he didn't, he shot it anyways.  lol.  Jordan ain't afraid to say screw you to Kobe.  That's a rare but important thing to have.  And it could be useful for us later on down the line.  But in this situation, you got a guy with 16 straight and not missing anything, you gotta keep feeding that, feed that til he does miss a shot, then you can go look elsewhere if you want.  So in this case, good for not being scared to go elsewhere, but bad do to the timing of it.  If this happens in like the third quarter I would be giving major props to Jordan right here.  But this was OT, on the road, less then 2 minutes left. 

All that said, we were tied with 40 seconds left in the game.  We don't miss 10 free throws and we win.  We play better D and we win.  So it's not any one players fault, Kobe missed free throws, Gasol did, Artest did.  Bynum did.  Gotta hit free throws guys.  I been sayin it all year.  I know it sounds simple, but damn.  Look how much those points cost us. 

Pau.  What the hell man?  Really, what the hell?  Get it together damn it. 

Can the Lakers lose a game without someone on the team crying like a %+$%%? It seems every time they lose, its either Phil, Kobe, Bynum, or somebody has something to say about officiating.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Can the Lakers lose a game without someone on the team crying like a %+$%%? It seems every time they lose, its either Phil, Kobe, Bynum, or somebody has something to say about officiating.
Would you perfer us to have our owner act like a girl during every game instead?  Maybe blog about it later?  We'll take it under advisement. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

So everyone saw the game, and we all hated losing, but I saw something VERy interesting, and not quite sure how it will all work out, could be good for us, could be bad for us. 

Kobe went into the zone last night.  We all saw it.  He was ridiculous.  One of those stretches where he can literally win a game by himself.  And at the end of OT, there he is 16 straight points, not missing a shot, literally glowing like a video game, posting up at the elbow, and Farmar looks right at him just off to his right, and turns and swings the ball to the left to LO, who clangs a 3. 
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

So everyone got a little of what they wanted there.  Kobe carrying the whole team, but a teammate sayin naw, let us play too and ignoring him and going to someone else.  Problem with that was, Odom shoulda said, "yo, wait up a sec, we crazy right here, this gotta go back to Kobe right now" but he didn't, he shot it anyways.  lol.  Jordan ain't afraid to say screw you to Kobe.  That's a rare but important thing to have.  And it could be useful for us later on down the line.  But in this situation, you got a guy with 16 straight and not missing anything, you gotta keep feeding that, feed that til he does miss a shot, then you can go look elsewhere if you want.  So in this case, good for not being scared to go elsewhere, but bad do to the timing of it.  If this happens in like the third quarter I would be giving major props to Jordan right here.  But this was OT, on the road, less then 2 minutes left. 

All that said, we were tied with 40 seconds left in the game.  We don't miss 10 free throws and we win.  We play better D and we win.  So it's not any one players fault, Kobe missed free throws, Gasol did, Artest did.  Bynum did.  Gotta hit free throws guys.  I been sayin it all year.  I know it sounds simple, but damn.  Look how much those points cost us. 

Pau.  What the hell man?  Really, what the hell?  Get it together damn it. 
I like your analysis on the game. I thought the same thing about the free throws and wondered why Farmar went to LO when Kobe was calling for the ball and had been playing like the Kobe we are used to seeing.
What I would like to add is once the Heat went to zone defense the ball got stuck in one players hands looking for a way to get an entry pass to the post. The problem is that if the ball doesn't keep moving against the zone it allows the defense to recover and then you have to start all over again trying to get a defender out of position by passing. Seems like basic basketball but the Lakers were not getting it. That bothered me. On the other hand the reason the Heat were getting open looks in the 3rd was because they were passing the ball, no dribble just pass, pass, pass, open shot. That was what we needed to do against that zone.

Zone Killers are ball movement and penetration and we didn't have either going till the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th.

Would you perfer us to have our owner act like a girl during every game instead?  Maybe blog about it later?  We'll take it under advisement. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Do what you want. Sounding like you took my comment personal. Figures you would be the first to respond.

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Do what you want. Sounding like you took my comment personal. Figures you would be the first to respond.

laugh.gif

Well seeing as I was in this very thread the moment you posted, I guess by default I would be the first to post after you now wouldn't I? 

And since this is in fact a Laker thread and you come in and start runnin off at the mouth about our team crying like @#$%^^&& then yeah, I guess it's within my right to reply, wouldn't you agree?  And since I found it especially comical coming from a fan whose owner does the very things I described, I felt the need to remind you of that fact with a small little joke.  In the safety of my home team's thread mind you. 

If you'd like me to get upset about this and look for personal satisfaction in nuking your favorite team, in your home team's thread, I would be more then happy to help you with that.  I could certainly go in and drop a few lines on the Mavs and their history, but i don't see a need.  I know what will happen in about 2 months, and I'll let that do all the talking for me.  Have a nice day, please be sure to drop by around mid May or so. 
wink.gif

Seriously, a Mavs fan has something to say about a team whining about officiating?

Really?

Cuban whines so much to the refs that Mavs players... his employees... have asked him to sit on up in the luxury suites instead of down on the floor. They've said that his constant barking at the refs gets taken out on them, making it harder to get buckets and win games.

laugh.gif

I obviously struck a nerve with the Laker fans. Did I say I like what Cuban does? No. I like having Cuban as an owner but I don't approve of his whining. The same as I dont approve of the whining the Lakers do after they lose. Kobe gets away with more than anyone outside of LeBron.

Back
Top Bottom