[::OFFICIAL LAKERS (3) vs. HORNETS (2) 1ST ROUND THREAD |GAME 6: THU 4/28 7:30pm TNT|::]

WHAT IS GASOL's GAME PLAN THOUGH? DOES HE THINK CAMPING AT OUTSIDE THE PAINT, WALKING UPCOURT, NOT PLAYING DEFENSE, AND SHOOTING JUMPERS IS A GOOD LOOK?

Props to Paul and the hornets. But I don't think they will be having their big men making fluke shots the whole series. Aaron Grey with 12 on 5-5?
30t6p3b.gif

Lakers still got this even if Gasol does not show up.

WHAT IS GASOL's GAME PLAN THOUGH? DOES HE THINK CAMPING AT OUTSIDE THE PAINT, WALKING UPCOURT, NOT PLAYING DEFENSE, AND SHOOTING JUMPERS IS A GOOD LOOK?

Props to Paul and the hornets. But I don't think they will be having their big men making fluke shots the whole series. Aaron Grey with 12 on 5-5?
30t6p3b.gif

Lakers still got this even if Gasol does not show up.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Impressive win by the Hornets.
pimp.gif

CP3.
sick.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 @ you Lakers fans that were
laugh.gif
 it up about the Spurs loss earlier today.

I wasn't laughing, but I still will. Spurs have their HANDS FULL with the Grizzlies. Chris Paul played out of his goddamn mind today. You think he's going to average 30+ points
the next three games?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trickster360cj

Kobe needs to beat Gasol's @%% for playing so weak

As bad as Gasol was tonight, he still wasn't the worst big man on the floor and if anyone has the right to smack a teammate big man for not playing well, it's Chris Paul.

hey it's just the 1st game... no worries...

said team "make ourselves feel better"

LOLOL.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Chris Paul needs to suck a ****. Fisher's standing there, Paul swings through with his arms and flails like something actually happened.
30t6p3b.gif
Get the !**@ outta here.

To be fair fish does it all the time
ohwell.gif

On to game 2, for some reason I'm not TOO worried, cause I know we can dominate them in NO
I don't like when Fisher does it either; Fisher is a known flopper. I don't like when Kobe swings through and throws his arms up and yells "AAAYYYEE" either. But CP has been doing that wayyy too much for my liking in this game; that's not even basketball. It's one thing to embellish contact that occurs over the normal course of a play, it's another thing to go out of your way to create contact (and flop even if there isn't any) when it isn't even part of the offense.Trying to draw a foul without even attempting to make a basketball play=lame (and yes to be fair Fish also does this) . It's one thing to swing through and go up for a shot and intentionally create contact, CP wasn't even attempting to shoot or pass, or drive past Fisher legitimately; he premeditated that he was going to flail and act like he'd been shot regardless of whether or not Fisher even touched him. Same thing when he dribbles past somebody, then waits for them to catchup so he can stop and initiate contact for no reason and embellish it to draw a foul. That's not a normal basketball play. I'm not saying he's the only one that does it or anything, I was just fed up with how often he was doing it right now.
It's annoying because clearly he roasted our %#%$% even without all those theatrics
laugh.gif
So if you're that good, why resort to that? It sucked because those several fouls/free throws that he drew were what kept us from getting back in it; so it's obviously a smart play for him. Still, I get very frustrated when players do that type of thing in any sport or on any team, or when games are decided by free throws resulting from off the ball/non shooting fouls (in the bonus). If it helps my team win a game of course I'll take it, but I still don't like to see it happen. The game should be decided by people trying to play basketball; if the defender impedes them from doing that and fouls them then so be it; but I've always hated the strategy of trying to draw fouls when you aren't even shooting. It happens a lot in the NBA now obviously and even when it benefits the Lakers I still don't like it because it makes for very boring basketball. I don't want to see Kobe dribbling around a screen and hear a whistle and watch him shoot free throws time after time down the stretch; I'd much rather watch them play basketball. 

FWIW I am in favor of drastically changing the bonus/team foul rules as they are. I got into a huge argument with my friends about the Pitt-Butler game where the Butler guy was fouled on the rebound under his own basket with 1 second left and shot free throws to win the game. Personally, I don't care if he gets kicked in the face on that rebound; he's on the other end of the court with almost no time left and he shouldn't be given a chance to shoot free throws that decide the game if he wasn't in the act of attempting a legitimate shot. 

/End rant.
laugh.gif

hey it's just the 1st game... no worries...

said team "make ourselves feel better"

LOLOL.

Originally Posted by trickster360cj

Kobe needs to beat Gasol's @%% for playing so weak

As bad as Gasol was tonight, he still wasn't the worst big man on the floor and if anyone has the right to smack a teammate big man for not playing well, it's Chris Paul.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Chris Paul needs to suck a ****. Fisher's standing there, Paul swings through with his arms and flails like something actually happened.
30t6p3b.gif
Get the !**@ outta here.

To be fair fish does it all the time
ohwell.gif

On to game 2, for some reason I'm not TOO worried, cause I know we can dominate them in NO
I don't like when Fisher does it either; Fisher is a known flopper. I don't like when Kobe swings through and throws his arms up and yells "AAAYYYEE" either. But CP has been doing that wayyy too much for my liking in this game; that's not even basketball. It's one thing to embellish contact that occurs over the normal course of a play, it's another thing to go out of your way to create contact (and flop even if there isn't any) when it isn't even part of the offense.Trying to draw a foul without even attempting to make a basketball play=lame (and yes to be fair Fish also does this) . It's one thing to swing through and go up for a shot and intentionally create contact, CP wasn't even attempting to shoot or pass, or drive past Fisher legitimately; he premeditated that he was going to flail and act like he'd been shot regardless of whether or not Fisher even touched him. Same thing when he dribbles past somebody, then waits for them to catchup so he can stop and initiate contact for no reason and embellish it to draw a foul. That's not a normal basketball play. I'm not saying he's the only one that does it or anything, I was just fed up with how often he was doing it right now.
It's annoying because clearly he roasted our %#%$% even without all those theatrics
laugh.gif
So if you're that good, why resort to that? It sucked because those several fouls/free throws that he drew were what kept us from getting back in it; so it's obviously a smart play for him. Still, I get very frustrated when players do that type of thing in any sport or on any team, or when games are decided by free throws resulting from off the ball/non shooting fouls (in the bonus). If it helps my team win a game of course I'll take it, but I still don't like to see it happen. The game should be decided by people trying to play basketball; if the defender impedes them from doing that and fouls them then so be it; but I've always hated the strategy of trying to draw fouls when you aren't even shooting. It happens a lot in the NBA now obviously and even when it benefits the Lakers I still don't like it because it makes for very boring basketball. I don't want to see Kobe dribbling around a screen and hear a whistle and watch him shoot free throws time after time down the stretch; I'd much rather watch them play basketball. 

FWIW I am in favor of drastically changing the bonus/team foul rules as they are. I got into a huge argument with my friends about the Pitt-Butler game where the Butler guy was fouled on the rebound under his own basket with 1 second left and shot free throws to win the game. Personally, I don't care if he gets kicked in the face on that rebound; he's on the other end of the court with almost no time left and he shouldn't be given a chance to shoot free throws that decide the game if he wasn't in the act of attempting a legitimate shot. 

/End rant.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Impressive win by the Hornets.
pimp.gif

CP3.
sick.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 @ you Lakers fans that were
laugh.gif
 it up about the Spurs loss earlier today.

I wasn't laughing, but I still will. Spurs have their HANDS FULL with the Grizzlies. Chris Paul played out of his goddamn mind today. You think he's going to average 30+ points
the next three games?
laugh.gif

Blake might have Chicken Pox but I think Gasol is suffering from a yeast infection or some other feminine problem. Chris Paul is awesome but I hate his Maggette-esque routine of always trying to draw contact for calls. He really shouldn't be getting some of those calls at Staples but I guess you reward the All Star. But he and the Hornets wanted it more and outplayed all of the Lakers.

Blake might have Chicken Pox but I think Gasol is suffering from a yeast infection or some other feminine problem. Chris Paul is awesome but I hate his Maggette-esque routine of always trying to draw contact for calls. He really shouldn't be getting some of those calls at Staples but I guess you reward the All Star. But he and the Hornets wanted it more and outplayed all of the Lakers.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by vezon

All we need is a knicks win tonight for it to be a great day in NBA basketball.
pimp.gif

THIS

Even if they win tonight they arent going to beat celtics in the seriesedit: Hornets played with pure heart like all the other 6,7,8 seeds did but the difference was the Bulls were able to get it together at the end while lakers didnt

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by vezon

All we need is a knicks win tonight for it to be a great day in NBA basketball.
pimp.gif

THIS

Even if they win tonight they arent going to beat celtics in the seriesedit: Hornets played with pure heart like all the other 6,7,8 seeds did but the difference was the Bulls were able to get it together at the end while lakers didnt

Im glad we lost. We deserve to get our #@@** slapped around like that. We deserve to be embarrassed on national TV. We didn't show up to play.
Hopefully this wakes us the hell up.

Im glad we lost. We deserve to get our #@@** slapped around like that. We deserve to be embarrassed on national TV. We didn't show up to play.
Hopefully this wakes us the hell up.

CP3 gave Fisher a taste of his own medicine
pimp.gif
, he played a hell of a game.

That being said, as much as I hope the Hornets can win the series, I can't see it happening.

CP3 gave Fisher a taste of his own medicine
pimp.gif
, he played a hell of a game.

That being said, as much as I hope the Hornets can win the series, I can't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom