Official: Lakers @ Jazz 2/11 6PM PST Game On KCAL 9

Damn I absolutely HATE both Fisher and Farmar on defense. Worst defensive point guard tandem the NBA.

Suprised DWill didn't go for 50.

Oh well, we lost a close one against a very good home team. No biggie.

Jazz would be a tough matchup for us in the playoffs for the simple fact that nobody on our squad can contain D-Will and he just creates so many openopportunities for Okur, Brewer, Millsap, etc. AND can torch whoever we decide to put on him. It's kind of disappointing that the Lakers couldn't focusfor one more night but I'm pretty sure they're drained after the road trip and this back to back so I'm not too mad. Don't overreact, we'restill the best team in the league, we just need to bring intensity every night. Defense was horrible, but that's the way it's been for the majority ofthe last 2 months, so we'll just have to outscore people. LO beasting still is definitely appreciated though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^

Nah, D-Will can be stopped. Pretty much any player can be stopped if you play TEAM DEFENSE. It's just the Lakers didn't do that tonight.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

^^

Nah, D-Will can be stopped. Pretty much any player can be stopped if you play TEAM DEFENSE. It's just the Lakers didn't do that tonight.
Here in lies the problem, Lakers don't play team defense...unless it's against Boston, Cleveland, or San Antonio, not that Utah isinferior, but that's just how LA is. The Jazz had two of their 5 starters out and still shoot 59% from the field FOR the ENTIRE GAME...just totalbreakdowns all around. I hope they don't even make the playoffs, I'd much rather face a discombobulated PHX team in round 1. Plus it'll be Kobe v.Shaq

Some of ya'll Lakers fans actin' like you're not going to the play-offs or something. Chill man
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

^^

Here in lies the problem, Lakers don't play team defense...unless it's against Boston, Cleveland, or San Antonio, not that Utah is inferior, but that's just how LA is. The Jazz had two of their 5 starters out and still shoot 59% from the field FOR the ENTIRE GAME...just total breakdowns all around. I hope they don't even make the playoffs, I'd much rather face a discombobulated PHX team in round 1. Plus it'll be Kobe v. Shaq

My excuse for Lakers lost would be that they recently finish a long road trip and played on a back to back. Even with all those easy points they gave, we werestill in the game. This game was winnable. I don't really know what the hell happened...
laugh.gif
In a playoff series, I'd say Lakers win in 5 though. But yeah, I;d ratherface PHX also.

Btw this game was crazy. I enjoy watching Laker-Jazz games. It's probably because of the Jazz fans or something. Booing and jeering on every possessionthen beat them and they still boo and jeer after the game is done
laugh.gif

I missed the game, but I think I am glad I did. Sounds like LA didn't play D and missed key shots. Oh well, good game Utah. We still have the best recordand will get some much needed rest. We have a hard road ahead of us.

Originally Posted by tupac003

What did I tell yall?

Cute with the little stone faces and smh's.

I know this team. I can see a loss a mile away.

Coming off of a back to back where the team didn't get in until 2. The D has been horrible all game and on top of that we were committing STUPID fouls.

All of that spells a loss.

Get mad at me all you want but get your heads out of the clouds. We can't win every game.

On top of everything else....We haven't won more then 7 games in a row this entire year.....

Yall should have known this loss was coming...
laugh.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
That's not that bad
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

This is the result when Kobe shows his cockiness with that stupid dance of his after hittingthe 3.

Memo's dance > Kobe's.

PRETTYPLAYA:
solefob:
utah can thank the officiating and schedule makers for this game.

Finally found it!
laugh.gif

Just make note of what you just said. WOuld you have to find something that was right in front of your face? Because most of the time I claim tohave found something, it's something I had to search for.

Eh, I kinda wished KObe didn't do his nut dance again.

Knew this was probably a loss in the works, 7 road games in 8 and 4th game in 5 nights, we'll get'em next time!

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

We're one 30 game winning streak away from tying the Bull's record.
laugh.gif

Not happening but Lakers have impressed the hell out of me lately.

Can't win them all

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Jazz would be a tough matchup for us in the playoffs for the simple fact that nobody on our squad can contain D-Will and he just creates so many open opportunities for Okur, Brewer, Millsap, etc. AND can torch whoever we decide to put on him. It's kind of disappointing that the Lakers couldn't focus for one more night but I'm pretty sure they're drained after the road trip and this back to back so I'm not too mad. Don't overreact, we're still the best team in the league, we just need to bring intensity every night. Defense was horrible, but that's the way it's been for the majority of the last 2 months, so we'll just have to outscore people. LO beasting still is definitely appreciated though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Lakers have contained him before, with or without bynum
this was just one of those fluke games where the lakers rather take naps during the game

!@#$ that dance.

Kobe should be banned from doing that until he puts up a W along with it.

SMH.

Sometimes, that cockiness gets on my damn nerves.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PRETTYPLAYA:
solefob:
utah can thank the officiating and schedule makers for this game.
Finally found it!
laugh.gif

Just make note of what you just said. WOuld you have to find something that was right in front of your face? Because most of the time I claim to have found something, it's something I had to search for.
not sure what you meant, but okay.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

This is the result when Kobe shows his cockiness with that stupid dance of his after hittingthe 3.

Memo's dance > Kobe's.
did he really do a dance? man, the only time i would want to see the laker game recap and its always on error at nba,com and they don't haveit either at yahoo sports. thank god espn.com has it, money okur!!!
pimp.gif

--Good win by the Jazz. Lakers' D was non-existent.
--Dwill did a good job on penetrating getting layups and dishing out for dunks.
--Still satisfied with the Lakers' first half of the season though. Only 10 losses since Halloween? Wow. I'll take it. And 4 or 5 of those L'scould have gone either way.

7 road games in 8 and 4th game in 5 nights, we'll get'em next time!
sick.gif
man thats a lot of games. I don't get the Jazzsometimes. Beat the Lakers, but lose to the Warriors? They're absoulute garbage on the road.

the dance is not even that big of a deal, every time ET did the dance it wasnt for a game winning shot.

Terrible way to go into the break.
tired.gif

And we can't really cry about the schedule because we still have to do this again in March. And that one will be worse. Something like 14 games in 13time zones is what I read.
sick.gif

Kobe with 33 shots in 36 minutes.
indifferent.gif

Get some rest over the break, get Morrison and Brown some feel for the triangle, and Phil will tune up the D now. 30 games left, he can see the home stretch,he'll start cranking it up.

At least SA lost, let's us keep the same lead out west, but we lost ground to both the Celts and Cavs.

Back
Top Bottom