OFFICIAL LAKERS vs NUGGETS GAME 2 | Thursday 5/21 ESPN WCF

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Over/under - 99% chance that if the Nuggets win a ring beat the Lakers, they'll get some kind of team tattoo?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Same goes for Orlando...they OWN Cleveland this season so far

Originally Posted by rocshoes24

yea but i never debated about the situation, don't get butthurt about it, i just asked for a gif homie
keep the butthurt to yourself (nh), I'm good. just letting you know your boy's dunk wasn't all that great. homie.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Let's see here.

No. I did not say Mo Williams was better than Pau. But...they were both All-Stars this year.
No. I could care less that LeBron ran through a wide open, weak Eastern Conference. Kobe won just as many Finals games as LeBron did that year.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
And all this crap about doing it all himself...
laugh.gif
. Okay...his squad wasn't deep but Larry Hughes had his moments, Z and Gooden were decent, and Gibson could hit off the bench. Gibson was NOT their 2nd option.
smh.gif

The Pistons were clearly a slower, aging squad. Ben Wallace was the anchor of that defense and bounced. Billups is too small. RIP is too small. Tayshaun is a good defender but LeBron could body preying mantis all day. Sheed isn't going to contribute to help side defense either. Who was going to guard LeBron? Old man McDyess? C. Webb was the 6th man and could barely run down the court. Maxiell?
roll.gif
Stop it.

What superstar won without an All-Star? Don't worry...I'll wait.
Just cause Kobe can't win anything without All-stars doesn't mean LeBron can't.
Hilarity. If LeBron wins this year, that would mean that he needed an All-Star as well...wouldn't it? Try again.

Larry Hughes? Drew Gooden? Z?
eyes.gif
I feel like if you put anydecent guard (even Larry Hughes) around Lebron, he's gonna have his moments, so try again.
You just explained every reason why Lebron was unstoppable against the Pistons, and of course, you said it was "aging", and not what Lebron did.Billups and RIP were too small and Tayshaun was too thin...those look like reasons why Lebron is a mismatch, not "aging".
It also sounds like you're equating Pau Gasol with Mo Williams when you say theyre both all-stars. Pau is a legit all-star, Mo only made it because ofinjuries. Again, just because Kobe can't do it, doesn't mean Lebron can't. Try again.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I am curious, what was the last team to win it all with only 1 NBA All-Star?
Detroit Pistons in '04. Ben Wallace was the only player on the squad named to an All-Star team that year.

Spurs in '03 - Tim Duncan

Metro State College in Denver, 1994

A chiseled high school junior is attempting to inbound the ball underneath his own basket. He's trying not to panic, but this is the Colorado state championship game, and no one's open. The referee is signaling one, two, three … and the kid can't stand the thought of a five-second call. The house is packed because of him, because he's Denver's greatest schoolboy player ever, so an embarrassing turnover is unacceptable. Just being disorganized is unacceptable. He hates disorganized.

Suddenly, he notices the defender guarding the inbounds pass has turned his back to him. So 18-year-old Chauncey throws the ball off the defender's rear end, catches it, drop-steps and dunks with two hands. Chauncey has himself a bucket and an assist. The crowd snickers … except for his grandmother sitting in the 10th row.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090511/billups

Good read on Billups career timeline....

Back
Top Bottom