Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

LETS GO!!!!

Thanks for the background
pimp.gif

The only person stopping Kobe is himself. No way is he gonna shoot 60% from the field every game, so he will have an off night in atleast one game against theRockets. Forget lighting up who ever is defending him. I trust Kobe in knowing that he will do what ever it takes to win this series. Whether it be thefacilitator or the initiator, he's gonna have to use these throughout the game.

Game 4 was amazing for what he did. I'd say if hes on, he should continue. If hes not, he needs to get others involved instead of shooting his team to anL.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I also love what Ron said about Roy being the best player he's played against, just because Roy is the only player to drop 40 on him in his career.

I hope Lakers fans are right, and Kobe takes it personal and does drop 50 on Ron. ...while taking 40+ shots.

Everybody knows that Kobe likes to set up his teammates, and run the offense. And then in the second half do his thing.

Let Kobe get out the gate firing while the rest of the team stands and watch.
pimp.gif
You do know what happened the last time "Kobe got out of the gate firing", right?

EDIT: And I don't mean this as a knock against the Rockets, or their fans - because I respect teams who play tough D - but y'all are kidding yourselvesif you think the same gameplan yall had vs the Blazers will work against the Lakers. I understand that you're comparing size and player types, but when youcompare, you can't leave out talent and experience.

As tough as the rockets play D, i think we have way more offensive firepower than they can handle....and it's not like our team doesn't play D too.This team gets up for big games. I only expect them to get better on both ends of the court as we move deeper to the playoffs.

Originally Posted by franchise3

all right, it'll be different.

Just know it'll be different than the regular season and what you dudes went up against the Jazz as well.

Lakers execute differently than the Blazers no doubt, but the matchups are still there. Brooks can hang with DFish as he's not a penetrating point like how CP3 or a Billups or a Kidd is. Brooks can hang, just like how he did with Blake.

Yao doesn't have to worry about the Lakers going small ball on him, as there will always be a big on the court for the Lakers. Just like the Blazers did.

Artest and Battier will try to do what they can against Kobe. Just like they tried against Roy.

Scola doesn't have to worry about Pau shooting 3's, as he won't. Just like LA didn't. Unlike what Dirk can do though.

Have to watch out for Ariza as he's money from downtown. Just like Outlaw is. They don't post up, they may attack the rim, but the 3 pointer is their shot.

Once Sasha comes in, bring in Lowry to put a body on him. Just like last series when the Blazers brought in Rudy.

Agree to disagree and maybe we're getting signals crossed or whatever, but I'll leave this topic alone.

Either way, I don't see how this series doesn't go at least 6. We'll see how it all shakes out.
I'll address each sentence since you make some fair arguments although I mostly disagree with you.

True that Fish isn't a penetrating point guard but he will try and attack at times and Brooks always has to be alert of where he is cuz there might betimes where he wanders off Fish since he likes to spot up, unlike Blake who garnered Brooks attention more cuz he would have the ball in his hands a fairamount of the time.

Yao might not have to worry about small ball but he'll be going up against players who can do things offensively unlike Przybilla and Oden. Especially ifthey play Pau at the 5.

Roy and Kobe are too different types of guards. Kobe posts up a lot more than than Roy and can play a lot without having to penetrate and use his midrangejumper. Roy has a decent jumper but relies on dribble penetration a lot more than Kobe does. Also Kobe has learned to adjust to the hand in the face defensethat Battier imploys.

Scola has to worry about Pau when he's in the post because he's a lot longer than Scola then when Lamar is in the game, he also has a size advantagebut can also penetrate to the basket and take advantage there too.

I agree with you there about Ariza.

Same thing about Fisher in regards to Sasha. its natural for players to wander off spot up shooters when you have a great player like Kobe or good postoffense like Pau/Bynum/Kobe.

I do agree that this series will be tough for the Lakers but as long as they execute their offense in the fourth and play good pressure d especially in thefourth, I don't see the Rockets being efficient enough on offense to win.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Get ready to see this all day in the series:

And a lot of bricks to ensue. Please kobe, take over. Cause whenever you do. Your team loses.
Rockets in 6.

Lakers in five, but I would not be surprised to see a sweep.

In fact, I now expect it. Lakers in four.

Lakers will win but not an easy one. Let's go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait

rocket fans seem to be overconfident in the rockets considering what the lakers did to them in the regular season

I think the rockets have a chance to beat the lakers if they play subpar though

if the lakers show up then i say lakers in 5

Rockets by 10... Better d than early in the regular season when we played, we didnt have lowry different point than alston, brooks will clown brown and fish..

Monday seems so far away. But it's amazing to see the confidence that Lakers fans have because of a 4-0 record in the regular season
against a Rockets team that is far different from the one they will be facing in the playoffs. Actually it's quite nauseating
sick.gif

^ lakers (and cavs) have been head and shoulders above everyone else all year. Why would it be so far fetched to think that this won't be an easy seriesfor them?

the rockets will need more help on offense. hopefully von wafer and carl landry stay aggressive and attack. and it will be nice to see brent barry make someopen 3's. too bad his defense will suck so im not sure if he'll get pt.

go tmac!

Originally Posted by JO HOUSTONE

Rockets by 10... Better d than early in the regular season when we played, we didnt have lowry different point than alston, brooks will clown brown and fish..
Daaamnn... I feel bad for both Dfish and brown, first deron and now him ...thats torture!

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by blackxme

Monday seems so far away. But it's amazing to see the confidence that Lakers fans have because of a 4-0 record in the regular season
against a Rockets team that is far different from the one they will be facing in the playoffs. Actually it's quite nauseating
sick.gif
Let them gas them self up. If it makes them feel better. I know the rockets can win. No sense trying to talk to most of the laker fans. they willalways think they are right.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by blackxme

sick.gif
Let them gas them self up. If it makes them feel better. I know the rockets can win. No sense trying to talk to most of the laker fans. they will always think they are right.
the lakers are just the better team
that doesnt mean the rockets do not have a chance

just that the lakers have a better chance at winning
this rockets team is not championship caliber while the lakers are

Back
Top Bottom