OFFICIAL: LAW ABIDING CITIZEN MOVIE THREAD

I think the biggest mistake in the movie is making Clyde too likeable, no one really wanted to see him die in the end.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think the biggest mistake in the movie is making Clyde too likeable, no one really wanted to see him die in the end.
no way. i thought it was genius making clyde a likeable character. We (pretty much everyone in here) identified with a killer. we identified witha psychopathic killer because we put ourselves in his shoes under the conditions of "what would you do if someone murdered your wife and child? what wouldyou do if he was set free? how would you go about getting your revenge?"

takes a good movie to do that.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my man Clyde spazzed out on the judge though... Dude was dropping science

word, one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

It saddens me tho (personally) cause Darby (the one who stabbed up the family)got off by snitching and lyin, and Foxx's character sayithe investigatorsnot doin there job so the case wasnt 100% conclusive and only goin for some justice instead of all...S!!! like that happens all the time and someone i knowvery well is doin life in prison for the exact same circumstances..

Sorry for the run on sentence but the message that Clyde dude is tryin to showcase got lost in the killin but that S!!! happens and its horrible for me andmines.

I had no issue with Clyde dying. Some of his killings were more than "justified" but the man went off his rocker on some of the other ones. Goodmovie but I wouldnt call it great. still kept me on edge trying to figure it out.

Saw this like a week or so ago.
It wasn't as unpredictable as i thought it would be. Jamie's acting made me mentally cringe.
The part with judge has everybody laughing.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

no way. i thought it was genius making clyde a likeable character. We (pretty much everyone in here) identified with a killer. we identified with a psychopathic killer because we put ourselves in his shoes under the conditions of "what would you do if someone murdered your wife and child? what would you do if he was set free? how would you go about getting your revenge?"

takes a good movie to do that.

That is not what I mean though, I meant for the ending they chose, he was too like-able that you didn't want him to get him killed. It would have been muchbetter if he chose not to activate the bomb and just killed himself, the ending was different from what he started or at least seemed like it. In thebeginning, it seemed like he just wanted to show how wrong the system were but in the end he ended up just a psycho willing to kill even though his message wassent, especially to Jamie Foxx. The movie made it relateable but again, he was just too like-able to the point that he was too cool to die.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

the ending just killed it for me. I really enjoyed it until the last 15 min when you figure out who the accomplice is and how that worked out. Wish they didn't take it on that path for some reason.

I was hoping that within the 10 yrs, Jamie Fox was somehow involved with him and they do some flash back stuff. That would have been my ending (minus other deaths)

wait, there was an accomplice? i thought it was made clear that it was just him.

I'm saying though. What accomplice? Clyde put in the work all by himself.

Also, the scene where he stabbed his cellmate to death was crazy.

movie just shows how flawed the justice system really is

i thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and it just comes to show how public hype for a movie does nothing but disappoint. i'm still bitter about wasting 10 buckson that atrocity paranormal activity

Loved this flick
pimp.gif
So creative and smart.

I thought the acting was very good.

8.5/10.

Back
Top Bottom