Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 18th letter

Know that I think about it there may have been some truth to that rumor out his mom and delonte west. Why else would he go out of his way like this just to publicly say eff you to the cavs?

That doesn't make sense at all. What does the rumor of Delonte West and his mom got to do with Lebron leaving/staying on the Cavs? The Cavs would have literally rolled out the red carpet, with 2 dozen strippers masquerading the runway to the Quicken Loans Arena to re-sign his contract if Lebron would have chose to stay. Delonte West would have been immediately released if Lebron wanted to pull strings behind the scenes too...that's a definite given...Fact of the matter is Lebron knew a long time ago that he was going to play for any team that allowed him to play with Bosh, Wade, or both as in this case with the Miami Heat.

The conclusion I woke up this morning. Hope he gets a good sleep in Miami
happy.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

U think mike would have joined barkely? Or Gary payton and Kemp? u never join to. Be the help when u are the supposed man. Lebron isn't. Who we thought he was all along in Cleveland. Made a garbage team win 60 games to being a sidekick ? Where dey do dat. At

Why would he join another team when he was already winning championships with Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Kukoc? He was more in a similar position to Kobe than he was to Lebron's. Smarten up.

Originally Posted by knightngale

People always mention how Kobe was a side kick to Shaq. Now Lebron will be Wade's and Bosh's sidekick.

ASTERISK
LEGACY HIT
NO CHANCE AT TOP 10 ALL TIME

ouch for lebron stans like popocatepl

Nice try.
laugh.gif
@ the thought of a 2 straight hands down league MVP coming to be someone's sidekick.

Shaq between 1999 and 2002:

1999-00 NBA MVP (Kobe 12th in MVP voting)
2000-01 3rd in MVP voting (Kobe 9th in MVP voting)
2001-02 3rd in MVP voting (Kobe 5th in MVP voting)
2000 NBA Finals MVP
2001 NBA Finals MVP
2002 NBA Finals MVP

Let's see if Wade will be as overwhelmingly "the man" as this next to Bron.

One thing that is certain no matter how things turn out for this Heat team:

Bron without Wade/Bosh: NBA finals appearance, 2 x NBA eastern conference finals, 2 x best record in the league
Kobe without Shaq/Gasol: 2 x first round dropout and a lottery

SHUGES wrote:

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

So... Let's see how "rings are all that matters" claim fits in the next round of greatness criteria customization for LeBron haters... Because I already see some people who are scared %++$ less commenting about how rings aren't all that matters now after all, but whether you win them with Hakeem's 93-94 supporting cast, as if you know who did that.

Kobe stayed in la when they went 34-48 in 05. ...lebron had 60 plus wins n left???

He stayed? Care to mention on what grounds he stayed?
laugh.gif
Funny how him demanding a trade like a little +%**$ only to stay after his team got the most one-sided trade in league history is forgotten and apparently heroic. But when LeBron patiently waits through years of frustration until his contract ends without ever demanding a trade like a man and then picks a team he wants to play on legit like every free agent is entitled to, then "he's a coward".
Well said. All of it.

I think people have more of a problem with the way it was handled rather than what LeBron ultimately decided to do. Maybe it's just me though.

come on now. era is different. only like 4-5 super-stacked teams have a shot at finals..unlike 90s.

in the 90s, the team didn't need a dream team to win.

but it is what it is. 80s were like that too kinda i guess.

but people acting like lebron's gonna be the next pippen. lmao shut your %%# up.
noway lbj will be the 2nd option. he's too good. best player on a team will never be looked as a sidekick...wade and bosh will be looked as sidekicks...whether from scoring or playmaking, lebron's gonna initiate first.. as long as lbj plays better than wade which he will and wins more finals mvp...he''ll never be the 2nd man.. who cares if wade have played there before? wade is old enough to step down. dude about to be 29 with a quickness.

I just hope he never wins a championship. From now on I'm a Laker fan until that team doesn't have its core anymore because Kobe>LeFlake. I'm mad for Cleveland fans man. This dude knew where he was going, no need to @%+% on his damn city like that, not to mention us in NY and the other towns that were hoping.

I give credit to Lebron for taking an obvious pay cut, he definitely showed that he wants a championship(s) more than money and more than individual awards. Plus he supposedly gave all the proceeds from his show to charity. Props to him. I feel bad for cleveland, even though they didn't do a whole lot to better their team this summer.

Why are people saying he left his home town? He's from Akron, not Cleveland. He didn't owe Cleveland anything.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Why are people saying he left his home town? He's from Akron, not Cleveland. He didn't owe Cleveland anything.

well put....and also, he was a free agent which means hes free to sign with anyone

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I just hope he never wins a championship. From now on I'm a Laker fan until that team doesn't have its core anymore because Kobe>LeFlake. I'm mad for Cleveland fans man. This dude knew where he was going, no need to %%%# on his damn city like that, not to mention us in NY and the other towns that were hoping.

So he's a Flaker now cause he didn't join the Knicks? Stop acting like a broad, he never promised y'all nothing.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

well put....and also, he was a free agent which means hes free to sign with anyone

It's the proximity to Cleveland. Akron is about 40 minutes away. Plus Cleveland is the only basketball team in Ohio.

roll.gif
@ Mo Williams thinking they could have won a ring together next year with the east getting even tougher. The dude is casper williams in the playoffs. You might see a sighting when the series is already over.

Still not a fan of the whole circus and hoopla like Lebron was really considering all 6 of the teams he mentioned but I can't blame him for his decision. He owed Cleveland nothing, he couldn't convince anyone to come there so what's the point of staying? It took a enormous set of balls to piss on the city of Cleveland on National TV but oh well. Time to watch an entire fanbase disappear
laugh.gif

The NBA fan in me would have loved for him to go to NY so that there could be rivalries in the Eastern Conference again but now it's gonna be one LONG regular season. We have all known (besides Cavs fans) that Lebron doesn't care about being the GOAT, he doesn't have an ounce of the determination that Kobe has so he took the smart/easy way out which was joining Wade and Bosh. Like I said earlier Kobe (and Phil Jackson for that matter) live for challenges like this and I think he's got a great chance at beating them next year.

If anything this Lebron fiasco just set up CP3, Melo and Dwight to all play together at some point in the future. I really hope super teams don't become the norm though, the more parity in the NBA the better IMO.

lol.................at charles barkley saying if I was 25 I would do it all by myself, why doesnt charles have a ring?

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

lol.................at charles barkley saying if I was 25 I would do it all by myself, why doesnt charles have a ring?

Come on, Charles. Dude did EVERYTHING in his power to get traded from the Sixers where he was free to do as much as he wanted by himself.

i just dont see how they will all mesh together on the floor. one of them is gonna take a step back in all this im guessing it will be james. lol @ byron scott. good luck with that team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom