Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by toine2983

^ I'm glad you made that last sentence because everything you just said can be applied to a lot of the Kobe/Lakers fans on here.

Reading your sig, just out of curiosity why is Lebron cowardly or dishonest for leaving the Cavs?

I'm no Lebron "fanboy" in the slighest but I have no problem with him leaving the Cavs to go play for the Heat.

My only gripe about Lebron's decision is the manner in which he went about doing it, basically taking a dump on the entire city of Ohio on national TV.

damn you and your yellow typing
laugh.gif
   it's hard for me to see the stuff you typed.

too me it's the way he left with his 1 hour, "Decision"  espn is just as disgusting for whoring themselves out for ratings on that one too though.  i didn't agree with the way he handled his free agency and pretty much took a dump on Ohio on national tv in a way that Ohio's never gotten a dump taken on them before, and that's saying alot because Ohio averages 3-4 dumps taken on them on a weekly basis.

had he handled his free agency the right way, i'm sure their would be some butthurt Cavs fans at first still, but in the end Cavs fans would be appreciating his 7 years there rather then turning him into public enemy number 1.

my sig
laugh.gif
  that's mainly to get a reaction  and it usually does what i want it to do, get a reaction.  i've gotten some not so nice pm's over the past few weeks by some lebron fans off of it

Him being a coward well thats subject to bias opinion, but how was he dishonest? He never said he was def staying in cle. Also like stated before he said he was all in it for the money and will do anything to be apart of championships waaay back in h.s. I hope ppl/fans werent that niave/foolish and thought the cavs were going to win a championship.

Originally Posted by LDJ

^ I'm glad you made that last sentence because everything you just said can be applied to a lot of the Kobe/Lakers fans on here.

Reading your sig, just out of curiosity why is Lebron cowardly or dishonest for leaving the Cavs?

I'm no Lebron "fanboy" in the slighest but I have no problem with him leaving the Cavs to go play for the Heat.

My only gripe about Lebron's decision is the manner in which he went about doing it, basically taking a dump on the entire city of Ohio on national TV.

laugh.gif

too me it's the way he left with his 1 hour, "Decision"  espn is just as disgusting for whoring themselves out for ratings on that one too though.  i didn't agree with the way he handled his free agency and pretty much took a dump on Ohio on national tv in a way that Ohio's never gotten a dump taken on them before, and that's saying alot because Ohio averages 3-4 dumps taken on them on a weekly basis.

had he handled his free agency the right way, i'm sure their would be some butthurt Cavs fans at first still, but in the end Cavs fans would be appreciating his 7 years there rather then turning him into public enemy number 1.

my sig
laugh.gif
  that's mainly to get a reaction  and it usually does what i want it to do, get a reaction.  i've gotten some not so nice pm's over the past few weeks by some lebron fans off of it

Him being a coward well thats subject to bias opinion, but how was he dishonest? He never said he was def staying in cle. Also like stated before he said he was all in it for the money and will do anything to be apart of championships waaay back in h.s. I hope ppl/fans werent that niave/foolish and thought the cavs were going to win a championship.

had the cavs made the necessary moves, they very well coulda won a title. they had the best record in the league 2 years straight with lebron, mo the friendly ghost and trash.  

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Not at all. I personally would've done the same thing. BUT I would have thanked the Cavs organization or at least met with them to tell them I was leaving and moving on. That's the only part of the process that makes Cleveland fans mad.

Why thank the Cavs organization for? I mean he made them who they are. They needed/depended on him not the other way around. It was Lebron who lined they pockets, kept that organization afloat. If anything Gilbert should be thanking him. I agree it would have been courteous to inform the fans. Like i said before Gilbert sounds like a high school girl who was jilted, and now all butt-hurt. His actions were really b-made and on some serious simp %#%.
I agree with everything said here.....but I think Gilbert has a right to be butt hurt...I mean he was left in the dark.
BUt come on we all should have known he was not staying, when he hadn't signed another extension. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

my sig
laugh.gif

had the cavs made the necessary moves, they very well coulda won a title. they had the best record in the league 2 years straight with lebron, mo the friendly ghost and trash.  

But come on be forreal when has the cavs EVER shown any inkling of being champions? You know as well as i do and everyone else they never have and never will be champions. They dont have the front office, the money, any desirable assests, or even a desirable city that will draw players needed to win/be a championship caliber org.

Lebron WAS the single reason they were a winning squad. Some ppl say oh one man cant make a team winners, well yes they can and Lebron proved that. I mean you could remove pau/artest/odom and kobe could carry the lakeshow to a playoff team/good record.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Yeah Gilbert probably would have but his letter shows us that in hindsight his letter/speech woulda just been a p.r. stunt and insincere and phony. We all know regardless how Lebron did it, in Gilberts' mind woulda been man f that inner, he just basically gonna leave me with nuttin. You were my meal ticket how dare you leave me for dead.

Yep.  I agree.  My question is... How would YOU have reacted if you were Gilbert?  I probably wouldn't have wrote that letter, but let's be real the teams value got cut in HALF when he left...
Although he looks like a rich b who didn't get his way, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing...

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by LDJ

Yeah Gilbert probably would have but his letter shows us that in hindsight his letter/speech woulda just been a p.r. stunt and insincere and phony. We all know regardless how Lebron did it, in Gilberts' mind woulda been man f that inner, he just basically gonna leave me with nuttin. You were my meal ticket how dare you leave me for dead.

Yep.  I agree.  My question is... How would YOU have reacted if you were Gilbert?  I probably wouldn't have wrote that letter, but let's be real the teams value got cut in HALF when he left...
Although he looks like a rich b who didn't get his way, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing...

Well i think thats probably why Lebron did things the way he did. Who knows the dynamic of their relationship. This mighta been Lebrons' "big payback". Or a way of sticking it to the man. As far as the letter, nah i dont think i woulda wrote it or expressed my feelings in such a way. I mean im not built like that. Also i wouldnt need to because i wouldnt put all my eggs in one basket, my stock in one player. Lets face it dude really isnt a good owner. He basically lucked up in a situation, was in waaaaaaay over his head, and has no idea what he is doing. How is that Lebrons' fault?

Gilbert kinda reminds me of a person who falls into like a family owned business and has no knowledge of whats going on and what to do, and kinda is forced to lean on employees to help/guide his way onto what to do and run the business.

roll.gif

[h1]LeBron James thanks Akron in ad[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

LeBron James has taken out a full-page ad in his hometown paper in which he thanks the people of Akron for supporting him -- and doesn't mention the city where he played basketball the last seven years.

Link
Spoiler [+]
MrMichael_Smith

Maybe we should hold off RT @HustleLOP: I'm as big a LeBron "hater" as the next man but maybe Cleveland will get their own ad like Akron did

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

[h1]LeBron James thanks Akron in ad[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

LeBron James has taken out a full-page ad in his hometown paper in which he thanks the people of Akron for supporting him -- and doesn't mention the city where he played basketball the last seven years.

Link
Spoiler [+]
MrMichael_Smith

Maybe we should hold off RT @HustleLOP: I'm as big a LeBron "hater" as the next man but maybe Cleveland will get their own ad like Akron did

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I LOVE IT!

LeBron thanked everyone at his annual bike-a-thon in Akron today

[h2]http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...o-lebrontigerrice-center-of-sports-world.html[/h2]
[h2]For a day, Ohio (LeBron/Tiger/Rice) center of sports world[/h2]
by: Ethan J. SkolnickAugust 7th, 2010 | 2:11 PM

Just made the drive from the LeBron James Bike-A-Thon in Akron to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

James received a rousing, entirely warm reception in Akron. There were more Heat jerseys than Cavaliers jerseys, and none of the Heat fans appeared to have any trouble. I’ll post a column to the website later this afternoon or evening, and it will focus on the forgiveness that Akron has already shown James. Cleveland might be another matter, but what I found interesting was how Akron residents distanced themselves from the neighboring city about an hour away.

On this same day, Tiger Woods is struggling in a tournament in Akron.

And this evening, Jerry Rice (not to mention Emmitt Smith, John Randle and Rickey Jackson) will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

All of these events are occurring in about a 50 mile radius.

[h1]LeBron thanks Cleveland fans at annual bike-a-thon [/h1]

Posted Aug 7 2010 2:29PM

AKRON, Ohio (AP) -- LeBron James finally thanked his fans in Cleveland on Saturday, making his first public appearance since he left the Cavaliers for the Miami Heat.
At his annual "King for Kids" charity bike-a-thon in downtown Akron, James addressed a friendly crowd of several hundred people who cheered as he took the podium.

"To the city of Cleveland, my fans in Cleveland, my fans in northeast Ohio," said James, "I want to say thank you for the last seven years and the years that continue to go in the future."

Then he repeated the thank you to Cleveland a second time, as if for extra emphasis.

"So I want to thank the city of Cleveland, also northeast Ohio, for all the great years that I've had," he said.

Last week, James came under fire for taking out a full-page newspaper ad in the Akron Beacon Journal in which he thanked the city of Akron for its support. The ad contained no mention of Cleveland, where James got his start in the NBA.

Emotions are still running high among Cleveland fans who felt betrayed by James, who was revered in that city for years.

After James left for Miami to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert sent off a scathing letter to Cleveland fans vowing to win a title before James does.

But in Akron, at least, James is still very much loved by the people who watched him grow up. After giving his brief speech -- and without answering any questions from the media -- James hopped on a bicycle and joined about 400 children who received free bicycles along the one-mile course.

Wearing a red shirt with the word "Akron" printed on it, James also thanked that city and its mayor for extending open arms to the player and his family. He said this is the most precious day of the year for him.

"Because I'm able to give back to the city that I grew up in, the city that I love," James said to cheers. "And the city that I will always give back to."

Most fans were pleased to see him, and didn't understand the vitriol that has been directed at James from the rest of northeast Ohio since he left.

"This is his home. He's been very supportive of us in the past," said Tony Morganti, a Cavs fan from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. "He said he's going to continue to be so, and I think this just proves it."

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/07/lebron.bike.ap/index.html?rss=true

610xd.jpg

x610xm.jpg

x610b.jpg

610xo.jpg

610xds.jpg

x610u.jpg

Spoiler [+]
bronheat.jpg

No matter how lebron haters want to spin it, no matter how the media wants to take it, Lebron will be the best player on The heat team, Lebron will be the number 1 player no matter what people think. Lebron did what he did because he was the only big athlete in this situation, he wants a ring while he is young he doest wanna ring chase like malone, and barkley did while they where at old age. Lebron is the face of the nba, he does what he wants, weather people like it doesn't matter, he is doing what is best for him, not for u. People got over Kobe allegedly raping some white chick, so im pretty sure people will get over lebron leaving the cavs, a team where no one else would come and play for, to help lebron.

you had to bring this post up after a month?

get his shlong out of your mouth, he doesn't even know you exist.

Originally Posted by DubA169

YOU STILL MAD Bron didn't join the KNICKS?

ohwell.gif

A i aint gon lie, u got me with that lil joke there...but still bron bron does what he wants not what anybody else thinks he should do....and another thing....
U MAD!

A i aint gon lie, u got me with that lil joke there...but still bron bron does what he wants not what anybody else thinks he should do....and another thing....
U MAD!

I have to agree w/Dub. There was no point to bring this thread back up.

You should have just tweeted that 
laugh.gif

U MAD!

Originally Posted by gottig10

U MAD!

funny this is he is mad
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom