Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h1]LeBron Appears At Rally, Says 'Akron Is My Home And Life'[/h1]
Jun 19, 2010 1:39 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
LeBron James made a late, surprise appearance at a Saturday rally in Akron to convince him to remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The event was named "LeBron Appreciation Day."

A crowd of around 3,500 had already begun to leave InfCision Stadium when James entered and walked down to the playing field.

Many of the attendees rushed back inside as James was presented with a crystal trophy, which had already been placed back inside its box.

"Akron is my home and life," James told the crowd. "Everything I do is for this city. I love everyone of you all. Akron is home."

Not a surprise to me, Lebron has never hid his allegiance to Akron, he always says he loves it and it's always home. It's that other Ohio city he's shown less excitement about.

Good post Belle. and yeah Big J, you are absolutely right.

It's weird man. Like...I honestly have felt that Bron has not been on the Cavs since Boston beat us. A lot of Cavs fan will agree. We just feel so let down by the way these past few seasons have gone, and so betrayed by Bron even though he hasn't done or said anything. If he goes....I won't be shocked. Surprised, yes. Hatred for him? Yes. rightfully so too.

BUT...it's a business, and people need to !#+%@@@ understand that!!!!!!! He's going to do what's best for him. All of these rallies, and #%##$*** things are just ridiculous and I am ashamed to say my fellow fans have gone that low to try and lure Bron into staying.

I think the main thing this FA season is NOT what Bron is doing, but what others do.

I'm sorry to all the Bulls fans cause during the series you guys were all cool, but I just don't seem going there by himself. I just don't think man that Noah and Rose is what he is truly looking for.
Maybe I'm wrong.

Belle was right though. $$$$$$$$ is LeBron's life. it does feel like dude is just out there to get his paychecks and be a "billionaire" like he says. I'm all about making money, but if dude just leaves Cleveland man that's just failure on the city and him. I'm sorry ya'll it just is
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Been tryna avoid this thread but now we're less than 2 weeks away so Im officially on the "Where will Lebron go" hype machine.

My guess is Chicago, they have the best team set for him right now.

nah.

Either way, he's gonna end up being Public Enemy #1 either in Cleveland or NY. If he leaves Cleveland for any other team, they're gonna hate him. And if he doesn't come to NY, watch him get the Reggie Miller treatment everytime he steps foot in NY.

Of course hes gonna show up, its in Akron where he lived most of his life, started playing ball and everything. If it was in Cleveland, i can bet $100 he wouldnt have showed up.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Good post Belle. and yeah Big J, you are absolutely right.

It's weird man. Like...I honestly have felt that Bron has not been on the Cavs since Boston beat us. A lot of Cavs fan will agree. We just feel so let down by the way these past few seasons have gone, and so betrayed by Bron even though he hasn't done or said anything. If he goes....I won't be shocked. Surprised, yes. Hatred for him? Yes. rightfully so too.

BUT...it's a business, and people need to !#+%@@@ understand that!!!!!!! He's going to do what's best for him. All of these rallies, and #%##$*** things are just ridiculous and I am ashamed to say my fellow fans have gone that low to try and lure Bron into staying.

I think the main thing this FA season is NOT what Bron is doing, but what others do.

I'm sorry to all the Bulls fans cause during the series you guys were all cool, but I just don't seem going there by himself. I just don't think man that Noah and Rose is what he is truly looking for.
Maybe I'm wrong.

Belle was right though. $$$$$$$$ is LeBron's life. it does feel like dude is just out there to get his paychecks and be a "billionaire" like he says. I'm all about making money, but if dude just leaves Cleveland man that's just failure on the city and him. I'm sorry ya'll it just is
laugh.gif

honestly i think his #1 option is to sign with  you guys for 3 more years and try to bring a title then goes to Brooklyn.

or if were able to bring in bosh he comes to knicks.

i believe espn just created this chicago bulls nonsense cause it's more convenient for them.

Yall speak as if the Cavs are on the cusp of a title going forward and he's just bailing for a dollar. Him leaving at THIS point can be as beneficial to winning as it is about any extra money he can add to his net worth. Slap most of the blame on your former coach and GM.

It's not just business, it's also basketball right now.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if i were him id go to new jersey and be the michael jordan of that franchise...
I want him to go there too.

The coach is there. The players are there and ready. New arena on the way. He'll be in the largest market. Jay-z will be there. And the owner has already made the moves to backup his statements about winning immediately and he is someone who genuinely loves basketball. Not to mention they have plenty of trade bait for making room to sign more players or for straight up trades. The entire image of the Nets is changing and Lebron can be the face of it all and be king of ny.

If Lebron was smart he would go to NJ but he wont
smh.gif
they got a good coach and an owner who is more than willing to do and spend w/e it takes to build the perfect and best team. The owner isnt only all about the business stand point but hes a huge fan too. NJ is great for him, they already got a SICK legit center and an all start PG with a few other young guns. Team is nice and ready for him but ehh

The Nets will always be this second team, it doesn't matter if they move to Brooklyn. Can you honestly tell me a championship parade for Lebron and the Nets would have more people in attendance than the Knicks with anyone?

The Nets are to the Knicks what the Clippers are to the Lakers.

Even when the Nets were good for those couple years, they weren't getting no love. Now after a few years in BK they'll get love but they aint usurping MSG and the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

The Nets are to the Knicks what the Clippers are to the Lakers.

Even when the Nets were good for those couple years, they weren't getting no love. Now after a few years in BK they'll get love but they aint usurping MSG and the Knicks.
If the Nets won a few titles and became a powerhouse, the Knicks would become the second team in town, Winning erases everything.

^r u even from ny to be claiming that? maybe the casual fan in ny will become a nets fan if the knicks r down and nets are winning, but they will never have ppl stick with the franchise like knicks fans have done with the garbage that's been put out the last decade. and once the nets are back down and knicks are up, those same fans will then claim to have been lifelong knicks fans again.

Man I don't know what to believe anymore...all this about his interest shifting to the Knicks now got me feeling kinda salty. I really only saw him resigning, or coming to the Chi or going to MIA. I feel like most people in that I just want a decision to be made soon so we can move on.

I know the folks at his "party" had to feel like crap before he showed up at the last minute.

Man I don't know what to believe anymore...all this about his interest shifting to the Knicks now got me feeling kinda salty. I really only saw him resigning, or coming to the Chi or going to MIA. I feel like most people in that I just want a decision to be made soon so we can move on.

I know the folks at his "party" had to feel like crap before he showed up at the last minute.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

blame chris boussard and bill simmons for hyping up the chicago fans.

all of you took the knicks off of your list because ESPN wasn't hyping them up? now they get some hype and he's going to NY? ridiculous. it has nothing to do with what these analysts say. yall learned a lesson about the mass media being able to manipulate how people think.

knicks fans have been hyped for two years becauyse of words that have actually came out of his mouth and his actions and the fact that he doesn't have a 2nd legit star, not some reporter that used to work for the New York times and has a beef with the knicks. (boussard), and a homer from a rival city (simmons)

real talk people don't realize winning means everything..

& that stadium in the heart of BK, right by Vinnie's... that stadium would be packed everyday.. regardless if Bron went there...

& people forget Knicks aint win in like 40 years... So if Nets win a ring or get deep in the playoffs ATLEAST.. the knicks gon; be #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom