Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Location is a big indicator. No way in hell he does it in Ohio and announces he's signing somewhere else. He better do that %!+% in DC or something.

Lebron. Jay. Prokhorov. Too epic. The potential would be unreal.

Even Lebron knows it's too good to pass up.

Watch all the "OMG, we never saw it coming!" on Thurs.
laugh.gif

1. Chris Broussard has no credibitly in my book, and I wish ESPN would get him off air

2. Lebron is going a little over board, like I dont understand how it can be an hour long segment just on Bron, would have been cool if all Free Agents did it, like a draft night special but a Free Agent special

3. If he pulls the college hats that would be funny in my book, like "who does this guy think he is funny"

4. Can some1 clarify the whole number change thing, if he resigns with Cleveland wont he have to wear 23 again because he didnt file for a number change (ie the reason some ppl thought he would leave)

5. If he stays in Cleveland they only win if other GMs allow them too, because that team just doesnt seem built to win the east, and def not the NBA

6. Bosh may be about the money but he is also being smart, trying to get his NBA money as well as "outside" marketing money while still being competitive.

7. Lebron isnt going to Cleveland, from a basketball standpoint in makes no sense, every team he could sign with is better, or has the money to get better.

aahhh the suspense!!! I agree that he wouldn't do a press conference to announce staying in Cleveland. Or that's my biased Bulls fan side talking.

I don't think LeBron and his people care what we feel about him at this point.
However one thing is for certain, they all know a majority of us WILL be watching.

It's still amazes me how big this is, how many times has our President taken time, in public, to comment on this?
Does this guy not feel any pressure? After a stunt like this, he BETTER get a ring.

From a 2009 Simmons Mailbag:

Q: You know how when top recruits in basketball or football make their college decision, they often call a press conference and put the three hats of the schools that made the final three in front of them ... then pick up the hat of the school of choice and put it on? What if LeBron announces he will pick his 2010-11 team live on ABC on a certain date for a show called "LeBron's Choice?" What type of crazy ratings would that get?
-- Drew, Columbus, Ohio

SG: "LeBron's Choice" sounds too much like a Lifetime movie -- like, he became the first NBA player to make himself pregnant and now he can't decide whether to give up the baby for adoption or not. I'd go with something more newsy, like "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict" or "The LeBron Sweepstakes." Actually, it might make more sense to make this a six-episode show, along the lines of "The Bachelor" -- maybe "The LeBrachelor"? -- in which he'd start out with 29 GMs, then narrow them down to eight, then six, then four, then three, then two, then one.
Regardless, you're right -- this should be a televised event. If LeBron were smart, he would market the event through his company, sell the rights to a network and reveal his choice on that show. We know what the offers will be. (New York, Miami, Chicago, Memphis, New Jersey, the Clips and the Zombie Sonics can offer the max. Cleveland could offer the max plus an extra year. Nobody else could offer as much.) It's a cut-and-dry thing. So why not? He could even make it pay-per-view. If people were willing to pay $44.99 for a UFC 106 card headlined by Jenna Jameson's washed-up husband fighting a guy who hadn't won in two years, I'm pretty sure they'll pony up $44.99 for "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude LeBron is a diva.

There should be some viral commercials parodying the snicker commercials. Thing is I don't know what diva LeBron should be, maybe Whitney.

Just so quote me and how I feel about the situation...

Cavs 99.98 %
Knicks .01 %
Bulls .01 %

This is just the culmination to one of the biggest marketing schemes in sports history, IMO. I can't even imagine the ratings for this announcement
eek.gif

would he make it this dramatic if he was staying with the team? its looking more and more like the knicks

If he's doing an hr long special to announce he's staying with the Cavs he'll be the laughing stock of the sports world.

I was wondering if Stern will step in but he probably has a hand in this as well.

just when i didnt think this could get any crazier, he is going to televise his decision.

how pissed off would knicks fans (or any team) be, if he pulled some !*%@ like, "next year you will see me play at madison square garden. *LONG PAUSE* in a cleveland cavaliers jersey. but if he did that to cleveland, that's just wrong... lol

I think having a one hour special is diva-$@+. Downright corny. And as loyal as he is to Akron and stuff, I don't think he'd to a televised event to spurn them. Oh well, I'm now 99.9% sure he's not coming to Chicago. I had a little bit of hope for a while , but that's now gone.

I guess I can start hating LeBron Thursday at 8:58pm.

Originally Posted by DMan14

just when i didnt think this could get any crazier, he is going to televise his decision.

how pissed off would knicks fans (or any team) be, if he pulled some !*%@ like, "next year you will see me play at madison square garden. *LONG PAUSE* in a cleveland cavaliers jersey. but if he did that to cleveland, that's just wrong... lol

this had me
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

From a 2009 Simmons Mailbag:

Q: You know how when top recruits in basketball or football make their college decision, they often call a press conference and put the three hats of the schools that made the final three in front of them ... then pick up the hat of the school of choice and put it on? What if LeBron announces he will pick his 2010-11 team live on ABC on a certain date for a show called "LeBron's Choice?" What type of crazy ratings would that get?
-- Drew, Columbus, Ohio

SG: "LeBron's Choice" sounds too much like a Lifetime movie -- like, he became the first NBA player to make himself pregnant and now he can't decide whether to give up the baby for adoption or not. I'd go with something more newsy, like "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict" or "The LeBron Sweepstakes." Actually, it might make more sense to make this a six-episode show, along the lines of "The Bachelor" -- maybe "The LeBrachelor"? -- in which he'd start out with 29 GMs, then narrow them down to eight, then six, then four, then three, then two, then one.
Regardless, you're right -- this should be a televised event. If LeBron were smart, he would market the event through his company, sell the rights to a network and reveal his choice on that show. We know what the offers will be. (New York, Miami, Chicago, Memphis, New Jersey, the Clips and the Zombie Sonics can offer the max. Cleveland could offer the max plus an extra year. Nobody else could offer as much.) It's a cut-and-dry thing. So why not? He could even make it pay-per-view. If people were willing to pay $44.99 for a UFC 106 card headlined by Jenna Jameson's washed-up husband fighting a guy who hadn't won in two years, I'm pretty sure they'll pony up $44.99 for "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif

And my odds are at NY 59%, NJ 41%.

Also Courtney Lee is number 6. As is Mario chambers. Would they be able to change numbers without doing the paper work before the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom