Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
These LeBrons are not selling in nyc , they have all the colorways sitting. I'm waiting for the jades to go on sale that's the only cw I really like.

And I think that's a good thing. Makes coppin' more easy. Nobody cares about LeBron kicks. If its not foamposite or Jordan retro or even those bum *** coach sneakers and prada kicks its not moving. Not mad at all.

Might go after the Xmas, but for sure trying to pick up the corks, very cool concept

View media item 174824
Lebron x cannon custom by Twizz Customs. Nike, can we get a gr with the same colorblocking to save this shoe?:smh:

These can be approximated on id... Here are mine. I would have used the solid team orange outsole if there were any decent airbag colors to match it up with, and I wouldn't mind a second set of teal or navy laces, but otherwise I'm happy with these. ESPECIALLY since I originally returned them, then, on another trip two days later to my Nike Factory store, a worker tells me they were just placed on the back wall the night before for 30% off $140, making $104 out the door. Couldn't pass up my own creation at that price. Sounds like I scammed them, but that really wasn't my intention. Nonetheless I felt great leaving the place lol.. I know, cool story bro, haha.

Last edited:
The guy who customized those lavas into cannons did a great job with volt color on the swooshes. Might have to send mine to him..

Yes, I put some id's in the regular Lebron X thread, but it made sense in this case..

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but I think those of us who liked the Cannons weren't specifically asking for a Cannon X or anything like that to come out. It was more that they could do better with the X's colorways. Since the Cannon colorway was a good one for the 9s, it's just an example of the potential that the Xs could have if its colorways had more creative colorblocking.
The problem I have with a lot of the colorways on the Xs so far is that they're mainly mono-colored loud upper + 1 other color to highlight things or 1 neutral upper + 1 highlighting color. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the colorways are THAT horrendous or anything, but after what we saw with the 9s, the expectations/standards are just raised. But hey, maybe the Xs' design is generally just more limited in terms of color combos/options compared to the 9s, who knows.
When you got 20-30+ colorways coming out each year for each sig like they have now, I'm just more selective about things. I don't know about y'all, but I can't be buying 10-15 pairs of each sig I like every year, especially when you got prices going so damn high. I'd rather go with my top 2-3 and be cool with that.
everything this man said was my reasoning of posting that custom. Its not the fact that i want a cannon colorway on the shoe (which i don't) its the execution and placement of the colors on that custom that really brought out the greatness in the X model. 

And I think that's a good thing. Makes coppin' more easy. Nobody cares about LeBron kicks. If its not foamposite or Jordan retro or even those bum *** coach sneakers and prada kicks its not moving. Not mad at all.
um...... Your from ny like me and i know you saw what the lebron 9 did up here. People definitely care about lebron kicks, just not this model. Watch what happens when they drop an official south beach colorway again. 

Footlocker and HOH is selling the shoes in stores on 12/26. They couldn't speak for online but they said if it was it would be the 26th at 7am central. HOH said they are probably doing a raffle on Wednesday or Thursday.

I've Decided to sell all my shoes that have a lot of white on them because the eventual yellowing, i dont kno what it is if its the area i live in or something , i'll wear shoes 2 times, and within months they start to yellow quick... anyway the question, I Have a DS Pair of Lebron X Gold Medals, I really dont wanna sell them, but do you guys think with the upper type of material used on these that they will yellow within the next few years without too much use ???

um...... Your from ny like me and i know you saw what the lebron 9 did up here. People definitely care about lebron kicks, just not this model. Watch what happens when they drop an official south beach colorway again. 
South Beach is dead. And while the LeBron 9 was rather popular in NY, I have maybe seen a small handful of Xs thus far.

South Beach is dead. And while the LeBron 9 was rather popular in NY, I have maybe seen a small handful of Xs thus far.
while i agree that SB is played out.... in no way is it dead

the beasts thirst for this CW, would sell out instantly and have crazy resell on the X

. Thank god sb is played out i have the 8 and 9 like everybody else but ready for somethin new also.. I feel u also sneakermane thinkin about it, no need to repeat every damn colorway

Last edited:
Wow the Lebron SB color is "played" :rolleyes ?????? They only did it twice but I guess you learn something new every day. I know I'm looking forward to the Lebron X SB so I shouldn't have any problems getting them when they drop since there suppose to be so "played" now.... Yeah right :lol:

Last edited:
Agreed with many points above...Sneakermane etc...appreciate the CW's for what they are. I think having "Cannon" or "Miami Night" CW's year after year is silly. Keep it fresh and optimize the current model's color blocking! But those Cannon customs just prove that there is much potential to be had still on the X, even though I own most of the released pairs so far and an iD. To each their own though, cop if you like and if not keep it movin! :nerd:

SOUTH BEACH IS PLAYED OUT IS JUST TALK.
BEST BELIEVE IF THEY DROP AN OFFICIAL SB COLORWAY IN THE X'S (NOT THE GARBAGE ID'S) IT WILL BE WW3.

Been over the SB theme when I copped my 8's on RD...BUT...this man speaks TRUTH...deal with it kids! lol :tongue:

I've said this before but I'll say it again I beleive the SB colorway has become apart of the Lebron line because it symbolizes a big time in his career when he decided to leave his home town and team and leave and go to Miami. Just like the Jordan line certain colorways identify a paticular time in a players career that remember or a paticular time period which the SB's symbolize. Colorways like the Cannons or Miami Nights are just nice colorways but really whole no true merit to the Lebron line that's why I'm pretty sure we wont keep seeing those same colorways repeated. But the colorways or names like the Dunkmans, Chinas, SLH, and SB's are colorways that we can anticipate to come out ever year. And I never here anybody complaining about the Dunkmans which have been coming out since the Lebron II's so why would you want a popular coloway like the South Beaches to stop when they've only came out with 2 pairs period for the 8's and the 9's when there has been now 8 pairs alone of Dunkmans not to mention the 6 plus pairs of Chinas at least that have been released. I think some of you need to keep in mind that the Lebron Line is still a rather new and growing line. There not on Jordan brand status yet so they still need certain colorways to keep fans familiar with the brand.

Not likin the xmas brons as much as I did before.. the silhouette just isn't cutting it with the colorways.

I think I fell in love with all of these thanks for the pics. About half of these will be considered for a cop.

I want the Carbons now that I've seen them in person, simple but perfectly executed. :smokin ..... trying to wait for them to go on discount but I would hate to miss out.

Also, the Jades are growing on me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom