Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have way more Vs and VIs than IXs and Xs.
You just get more bang for your buck when copping multiple CWs of the Vs and VIs because they weren't afraid to be creative with the materials they used.
As far as VIs go, you can cop Akrons, MVPs, Big Apples, and Yanks and the material of the upper will be different every time.
With IXs and Xs when your buying multiple CWs you're usually just paying for different colorblocking (with a few exceptions of course; e.g. freegums).
They use some alternate materials (NSW) on the X and expect you to pay crazy premium prices and/or they're impossible to get.
Seems like were moving backwards.

LeBron IIs and the Chamber of Fear campaign will always be my favorites, I still have the free baller bands that came in the mail with the cars and poster:smokin
I remember in high school I was wearing black/red/white the IIs and IVs on dress down day (we usually wore uniform) and people thought I was crazy for rocking brons, those same people are the ones dropping life savings on south beaches lol

II's are the best IMO. Shoe just reminds me of something a ninja would wear for some reason :smokin

i don't understand the hate on the VIs. They may have been simple design wise but they were comfortable (double stack zoom :smokin) and had nice materials before the plastic craze. I liked them granted i only bought the all black pair.

Sadly, I compare the 6 to what could have been... The zoom powers. The 6s simply don't stack up against the zoom powers.

Saw the corks in person. They look great in person, but sure as heck not paying a premium or putting in much work to try and get them.

Last edited:
My Christmas X's just came in. Feel so comfortable but once again I'm reminded that I couldn't play in them because they are so heavy. 

So have Corks been confirmed for Miami release only?

If so .......
laugh.gif
 typical Nike 

Prisms would have been so much better with a jeweled prism swoosh, prism lion lacelock, and maybe some different colored laces.

LeBron IIs and the Chamber of Fear campaign will always be my favorites, I still have the free baller bands that came in the mail with the cars and poster
That's what got me into brons right there. :lol: Saw my boy with the baller bands, then went on to the Nike basketball site to find them and saw the Lebron 2's. Got a pair on sale and beat those shoes down all season

Last edited:
Curse u for posting those pics of the Xmas with the red laces! That pushed me over the edge and caused me to purchase. Just did a phone order from NT Las Vegas. Was proud of myself for a couple of days, too. OK, gettin back on the wagon today! No more kicks until February unless I come across another pair of Thunders for retail..

Curse u for posting those pics of the Xmas with the red laces! That pushed me over the edge and caused me to purchase. Just did a phone order from NT Las Vegas. Was proud of myself for a couple of days, too. OK, gettin back on the wagon today! No more kicks until February unless I come across another pair of Thunders for retail..
:lol: you wont regret it.. did the swap last night so didn't get a good look at em in the light... but just got home and took them outside and the red laces on em compliments em nicely with the flywire giving contrast with the minty green.. :smokin

Prisms would have been so much better with a jeweled prism swoosh, prism lion lacelock, and maybe some different colored laces.
its almost like they don't care about the X anymore. prisms jeweled, lacelock and an icey sole with the prism print or something these would be one of the best X's and wouldnt sit on shelves

Last edited:
The lace switch makes them look worse. IMO

i personally dont think it made it look worse (speaking of the XMAS), it just made them look more plain. the lebron x xmas were the most "boring" of the 3 xmas shoes--main reason it was my fav of the 3 actually. and the green laces just adds to the overall look of it being an xmas shoe. i wouldnt change it but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom