Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone jumped out of the woodworks with todays info ( just people on my Facebook/Facebook groups)

Not even getting my hopes up anymore. Was the only X that I was super hyped on. Oh well

I guess this is a good sign that the Denim Samples we've seen are gonna be releases also.

The date doesn't matter what you should think about is the quantity and what cities that will be getting them
nerd.gif
They are supposed to be available on line and through RSVP, but I am guessing they will probably only be available at select RSVP spots.  I want to know numbers for sure though.

Keep us updated on those overseas release dates, Euro NT'ers.  Finally got a friend to mail to in the UK, so I'm ready for 2013.

for everybody that is getting hype for these shoes, you either have intention to resell or just collect them.
I have a pair that I would not even dare to wear. The insole is thin leather, the sides have no cushioning and is as hard as a rock, the tongue is leather. Even with Nike Elite socks these will not be comfy to wear for longer than 5 minutes..
I will keep my pair for the meaning behind the shoe but I don't see how to wear these for a whole day at all. Here is a pic I took of the inside..
View media item 195442
Thanks for this. I hav no interest if I can't rock them.

Last edited:
Honestly when I first heard NSW was doing a version of the X I thought they'd be an easy cop. Nothing that would be exclusive or rare. Something that I could walk into a nikestore and pick up along with some of the Diamond collection. I figured they'd dedicate an area to LeBron and these would be sitting there along with some lows and bigger X releases. 

Leave it to Nike to completely overcomplicate things. I can understand the price, even though its a little too high ($250 is what I figured). But the fact that these are super limited and coming in special box and everything 
mean.gif
. Come on Nike! These should have been as easy to cop as the rest of the diamond collection.

Oh well though. I definitely like the shoe, but I was totally off on the expectation of getting the shoe. Call me naive 

Honestly when I first heard NSW was doing a version of the X I thought they'd be an easy cop. Nothing that would be exclusive or rare. Something that I could walk into a nikestore and pick up along with some of the Diamond collection. I figured they'd dedicate an area to LeBron and these would be sitting there along with some lows and bigger X releases. 

Leave it to Nike to completely overcomplicate things. I can understand the price, even though its a little too high ($250 is what I figured). But the fact that these are super limited and coming in special box and everything 
mean.gif
. Come on Nike! These should have been as easy to cop as the rest of the diamond collection.

Oh well though. I definitely like the shoe, but I was totally off on the expectation of getting the shoe. Call me naive 
I don't think many people would pay 305 plus tax for these so making them limited makes sense to me. It basically guarantees Nike an automatic sellout.

Difference between the two is on the Lebron sports pack,the words limited are uttered..
It isn't uttered anywhere on the corks press release.
Could mean nothing... but there are differences between the two
http://nikeinc.com/news/lebron-x-nike-sportswear-honors-the-champ

Nike says [color= rgb(100, 100, 100)]The Nike Sportswear LEBRON X cork shoe will launch in limited quantities.[/color]
laugh.gif
mean.gif

While it's not surprising, why make a shoe that is suppose to celebrate LeBron getting his first championship, something he and his fans have been waiting almost a decade for and then turn around and make them limited?
eyes.gif

A release like this, celebrating a monumental event in LeBron's NBA career could easily be a GR and would still sellout even with the exorbitant price.

No need to add "hype" to a release like by limiting quantities when this shoe has actual meaning behind unlike some of the BS stories Nike tried to pull with the other X releases thus far.

Good luck to those of you trying to cop.

:lol: :smh:

While it's not surprising, why make a shoe that is suppose to celebrate LeBron getting his first championship, something he and his fans have been waiting almost a decade for and then turn around and make them limited? :rolleyes

A release like this, celebrating a monumental event in LeBron's NBA career could easily be a GR and would still sellout even with the exorbitant price.

No need to add "hype" to a release like by limiting quantities when this shoe has actual meaning behind unlike some of the BS stories Nike tried to pull with the other X releases thus far.

Good luck to those of you trying to cop.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very well said Sir !

Got my prism today. Pics don't do this shoe justice. They look so good!!! Finally got some shoes that can go with everything.

Exactly. Might as well make it a GR and get more money. Like I heard most jordan retros are GR but they still sell out anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom