Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pair of "cutting jades" "china jades" whatever you wanna call them to play ball in because I like zoom air for ball.

I also really liked this flashy green colorway for some reason.  

When i tried them on the midfoot was narrow like every other nike bball shoe nowadays but the zoom system in these was the truth.  

I only paid 155 which made it a bit easier on me to cop.

But the first game in these I sprained my ankle to the point where I thought it was broken.  I returned them promptly.

I feel like the reason for the sprain is that these kicks are at least 1 inch plus off the ground with the huge max zoom bag they put in them. 

Higher center of gravity for the foot wearing these platform kicks is what made my foot just literally fall over when i went up for a rebound and landed slightly off balance.

I feel like if your not Lebron himself you should not wear these for ball.  Lebron is a tank that has a completely customized (wider) version from the GR.

I am 6'5, 200 and more built like kobe so I guess that is why I have rocked the kobe brand since the zk1.  

I can also clearly jump higher in a 10oz shoe compared to a near 20oz shoe.  Shed a pound on the feet you will jump higher.

Never sprained my ankle in the low top versions of the kobe (4,5,6) either.  I ordered a pair of kobe 8s now and by the sounds of it they are right up my alley.

Just my 2 cents about the performance aspect of the shoe.

really scared to cop them for this reason alone. scared that theyr'e too high off the ground and
that is a bad thing indeed. thanks for the review! will wait for more reviews and will just wait for
these to hit outlets in LOW prices. :smile:

there's only 1 footlocker i know that still have cutting jades.

to this day its still da overall best colorway of da X's

really scared to cop them for this reason alone. scared that theyr'e too high off the ground and
that is a bad thing indeed. thanks for the review! will wait for more reviews and will just wait for
these to hit outlets in LOW prices. :smile:

The biggest mistake I made was hooping in the Kobe VIIIs then going back to these Xs. The 8s are so low, light, and the Lunar is exceptional. Not saying the Xs aren't great in their own right, I just like the fact Kobe's are more flexible especially in the forefoot area. The Lebrons make it hard to play on the balls of your feet and move laterally on your toes, no such problem with the Kobe's.

If I had never worn the Kobe's, the Xs would still be my go to.

[COLOR=#red]When will the Lebron line get a new designer? I haven't ***cked with his shoes since the VI. Since the VI they have become more a lifestyle shoe than a hoop shoe. Don't get me wrong they have performance aspects and new tech, but these seem to be aimed and geared towards casual wear and hypebeast colorways. I PRAY this is the last of the current designer. Ready for a totally new look and design. [/COLOR]

When will the Lebron line get a new designer? I haven't ***cked with his shoes since the VI. Since the VI they have become more a lifestyle shoe than a hoop shoe. Don't get me wrong they have performance aspects and new tech, but these seem to be aimed and geared towards casual wear and hypebeast colorways. I PRAY this is the last of the current designer. Ready for a totally new look and design.
Even if there is a new designer I feel that its going to stay this way. Most people who buy these shoes have little intention of playing ball in them, so why not cater to what the consumer wants?

[COLOR=#red]When will the Lebron line get a new designer? I haven't ***cked with his shoes since the VI. Since the VI they have become more a lifestyle shoe than a hoop shoe. Don't get me wrong they have performance aspects and new tech, but these seem to be aimed and geared towards casual wear and hypebeast colorways. I PRAY this is the last of the current designer. Ready for a totally new look and design. [/COLOR]

What?

VII, 8, IX and X>>>>> I-VI

Petrie is a great designer,,, they actually look great and are good performance shoes. The only Lebrons that played and looked great before he got on was the Lebron II. The Lebron III and the Lebron IV looked great but they don't play great

LeBron VI are the ugliest lebrons in my opinion shoulda been the Zoom Powers that never came out.

What?

VII, 8, IX and X>>>>> I-VI

Petrie is a great designer,,, they actually look great and are good performance shoes. The only Lebrons that played and looked great before he got on was the Lebron II. The Lebron III and the Lebron IV looked great but they don't play great

I agree 100% with this statement

Still looking forward to the release info for the Corks, hope Minnesota doesnt get screwed again like we did for the BHMs!

Still looking forward to the release info for the Corks, hope Minnesota doesnt get screwed again like we did for the BHMs!
Had a better chance getting the BHMs then Corks TBH. I just want to know what places are releasing them to see if I should put effort or not.

Def strange. I remember seeing plenty of those Big Bangs before they actually released.

I specifically remember one dude posting a video with like 8 pairs of big bangs. Wonder how much theyll produce this year

I like the suede, just not on the performance shoe. Perhaps it will be one of those NSW shoes like the corks, Id cop the blk suede but not for ball.

It says a lot about the shoe this year. I like the X, just not crazy about the colorways or price. I do like those suede X's too, just like I liked the Black/Red 8's.
I agree. So many colorways... I not making the same mistake I did with the 9's I copped way too many colorways last year. Trying to be smart with the 10's.

Just stopped by to say, talk about my experience I had. Went to a store (I kind of want to put the manager and store location on blast), to pick up some shoe.

The manager: Who was arrogant and trying to talk real fast and slick like he knew everything. Tells me man we get all the hot stuff, blah blah, and we are getting the diamond Lebrons.

Me: "Which ones because they are multiple colorways with the diamond theme?"

The manager: Replies in a rude upset tone. "I just told you man the diamond ones and there is no such thing as multiple diamond themed Lebron 10's.

So like back in the day when this other chump manager at another store tried to tell me that "there would be NO Nike Kobe 2 and that Kobe was wearing the Nike Air Force Supreme 25 year annvrsy for that year", I went back to the store when the Kobe 2 released. I went to the store and picked up the Nike Kobe 2 and ask "did you mean these Nike Kobe 2 were not releasing?" I went back to the most recent mangaer store that I had the Lebron issue with and said so again did you mean these red diamond Lebrons or black diamon lebrons or the yellow diamond lebrons you have?

Just stating how annoying and arrogant people have become with this sneaker thing, especially the ones who do NOT know a damn thing about ANYTHING to do with sneakers, but act like you OWE them EVERYTHING when it comes to this sneaker culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom