Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my luck with jj's
i get the backpack bully (that wont let you go anywhere), and once i get pass him i get the white screen of death at the checkout.... but the best thing is that email you get saying you left something in your cart....

I can imagine this is how it went down in the designing room in Beaverton [emoji]128514[/emoji]..

"What's the most hypebeast gimmicky design we can make that will cost nothing and we can charge a ******** for? Hmmmm.." "How about a shoe made of real cork?" .. "But, wont it just fall apart?" "Ahh, these idiot fanboys will still buy it. Look at everything else we have put out the last 3 years. Lets charge $300"

Shoe is a cool concept - key word, of course, being "concept."

This release is a notable point in the jumping of the shark in the sneaker hobby.

Sure, we've had extremely limited releases before - releases that Nike knew were going to wind up having insane resale prices, and which many of the buyers will buy strictly for collecting or reselling purposes without intent to wear.

But, this is arguably the first shoe they've created that may be even have been produced with the full intent of being sensible to wear. Ostensibly, one could argue this is Nike entering the art or sports memorabilia space. Say what you want about Galaxys, Paranormans, Pigeons, etc. - but if you wanted to play basketball or skate in them, they were at least made to sustain being used for their alleged purpose.

Jimmy jazz link?
THIS
nerd.gif
I posted it a page or two back.

Shoe is a cool concept - key word, of course, being "concept."

This release is a notable point in the jumping of the shark in the sneaker hobby.

Sure, we've had extremely limited releases before - releases that Nike knew were going to wind up having insane resale prices, and which many of the buyers will buy strictly for collecting or reselling purposes without intent to wear.

But, this is arguably the first shoe they've created that may be even have been produced with the full intent of being sensible to wear. Ostensibly, one could argue this is Nike entering the art or sports memorabilia space. Say what you want about Galaxys, Paranormans, Pigeons, etc. - but if you wanted to play basketball or skate in them, they were at least made to sustain being used for their alleged purpose.

Gotta love bip and his essay-type responses LOL. But in all seriousness, that's a pretty valid point that Nike has this fast-growing niche of sneakerheads more and more hooked. They're pushing boundaries and people are still going crazy over it which is what I've said all along. Nike has yall by the balls, more than you even know. If Nike released a limited edition condom, at this point it would sell out. You forget the air mags though, which technically "aren't recommended for extensive wear".

Really getting tired of seeing people ask for the link, especially when their not active on here, rather help someone out that is a part of the community rather than someone that joined a month ago and has posted 8 times

[Donnell 6032]  There is a discrepancy in our system which is not allowing Lebron X Corks to post to the site and we are working on fixing the problem. We do not have an exact time at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please check back with us within the next few hours.  You will have to place the order online and you will be able to find them under new releases  once they release.

^^ Jimmy Jazz rep live chat just now

[Donnell 6032] There is a discrepancy in our system which is not allowing Lebron X Corks to post to the site and we are working on fixing the problem. We do not have an exact time at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please check back with us within the next few hours.  You will have to place the order online and you will be able to find them under new releases once they release.

Generic message...they've been replying to everyone with that same message for the last couple of hours

[Donnell 6032]  There is a discrepancy in our system which is not allowing Lebron X Corks to post to the site and we are working on fixing the problem. We do not have an exact time at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please check back with us within the next few hours.  You will have to place the order online and you will be able to find them under new releases  once they release.

thank you for this but this is cut and pasted  by them over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom