Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I feel you but at a certain point, once you've buying these shoes for almost 10 years, you end up with way too many shoes!

Some just sit in boxes for years, so it makes sense to just sell them.

Exactly... besides the sneakers I purposely get to resell all the sneakers I purchase for my person collection I have every intent to wear because I like them. But because I purchase so many sneakers a year I always find myself selling some year after year because I just have more sneakers now than the days in a year.

I've never bought a shoe with the thought of how much i can sell it for in the future. nor has any of my kicks ever just sat in boxes. I wear my kicks

I don't know about Kobes and I feel like KD's just starter to get more popular after the IV's but as far as Lebrons go all of his sought after and limited shoes hold there value extremely well. SB 8's, Miami Nights 8's, SB/MV 9's, Big Bang 9's, MVP Package, Crown Jewels, and Corks are still some pocket brakers. While with JB I feel they use to hold their value well until they start releasing the same shoes they released in less than a year. The resell for most Jordan barely ever even double in price which probalbly due to the abundance of them and the more poor quality.

Im talking about the normal stuff .

All those shoes you mentioned are fairly recent and all them besides the South Beaches and Big Bangs were dumb limited.

Most people don't stay buying sneakers hard for more than 2-4 years. People come and go. 90 pct of people in general are former hardcore buyers, that lost the passion for it. New collectors don't have the same sentiment towards the old shoes. Which means they could care less about some Miami Nights 8s. Because the shoes like that aren't really loved, they are just loved because they were uber limited.

Which of the recent "valued' Lebrons could they retro in Jordan Brand GR quantities and it not hit the outlets in masses. Maybe South Beach 8s?

This right here....

In all seriousness the only Jordans that hold any real value now, are the OG's and the DMP 11/6 pack.....everything else is being retro'ed to death.
Its only so long you can keep buying the same shoe, over and over and over and over again, until u get tired of seeing them
LeBron's will get the same treatment albeit on a lesser scale than Jordans. You just happen to live in time where they aren't retroing his shoes YET.

BTW for the Gentlemen who said the ST was a take down...Its not.  Just another shoe in the Lebron Line. Just like the Ambassador and Soldier.

Nike isn't in the business of producing a crap load of Soles (Lasts) for a bunch of different shoes.  Team Jordans recycle ALL the time.

It makes business sense since one is for outdoor use and marketed solely in Asia and the other as an in between shoe for those that are Lebron Fans.. but not quite Basketball Enthusiasts. 

Remember you have older folks who try to relive their youth but dont want to style in a traditional Basketball  shoe.

Some of you never think outside of the sneaker head mentality and really should consider the world outside of it.

Every shoe aint for everyone.. and every shoe designed doesnt have our culture in mind either.

Which of the recent "valued' Lebrons could they retro in Jordan Brand GR quantities and it not hit the outlets in masses. Maybe South Beach 8s?
This...... LeBron only has a few models that may sellout GR day one like Jordans and still hold high value. Most people don't care about LeBrons.

BTW for the Gentlemen who said the ST was a take down...Its not.  Just another shoe in the Lebron Line. Just like the Ambassador and Soldier.

Nike isn't in the business of producing a crap load of Soles (Lasts) for a bunch of different shoes.  Team Jordans recycle ALL the time.

It makes business sense since one is for outdoor use and marketed solely in Asia and the other as an in between shoe for those that are Lebron Fans.. but not quite Basketball Enthusiasts. 

Remember you have older folks who try to relive their youth but dont want to style in a traditional Basketball  shoe.

Some of you never think outside of the sneaker head mentality and really should consider the world outside of it.

Every shoe aint for everyone.. and every shoe designed doesnt have our culture in mind either.

Touching on your last statement... I say it all the time when people call a sneaker trash, garbage, etc not in an opinionated way that they sound so stupid... like just because they don't like it everyone should not like it (vice versa) and if they do they have no style (vice versa). People don't think outside the box and only want what "others" think is hot also.

My collection of J's and Lebrons is modest compared to some of the heads on here, but my sentiments on Jordans are similar in that my interest is waning. The price steadily increases as the quality decreases. Plus it's too many shenanigans and hoops to jump through to get the really sought after shoes. The only current Nike line that I've swung and missed on was the Lebron 9 China's and the YOTD KD IV's, and thats because I literally overslept on RD. All the rest of the Lebrons I have were fairly easy to attain. With Jordan's you have to brave campouts and risk your life at times just to ensure a pair, and I've never been ok with that. Bad thing is, JB (and by extension Nike) seem to be ok, as they continue to limit the pairs and have the ignorant masses acting like fools to get them. In a few years I'm sure my collection will feature more LeBron's, Kobes,  KD's, and retro Nikes than anything else, simply because it's less of a headache to get them. And when each respective superstar retires and the retros start coming, then you can start asking yourself is the value still the same compared to Jordan. I personally think the Lebron line will be almost as popular as Jordan when the retros start popping up. I can pencil myself in for plenty of the early pairs, as I wasn't able to cop at the time.

Last edited:
It's ok if shoes don't hold value. However, if I'm investing all this money into them it's nice knowing down the road if I want to sell them they will actually be worth something to someone.

I don't know about Kobes and I feel like KD's just starter to get more popular after the IV's but as far as Lebrons go all of his sought after and limited shoes hold there value extremely well. SB 8's, Miami Nights 8's, SB/MV 9's, Big Bang 9's, MVP Package, Crown Jewels, and Corks are still some pocket brakers. While with JB I feel they use to hold their value well until they start releasing the same shoes they released in less than a year. The resell for most Jordan barely ever even double in price which probalbly due to the abundance of them and the more poor quality.

All those shoes you mentioned are fairly recent and all them besides the South Beaches and Big Bangs were dumb limited.

Most people don't stay buying sneakers hard for more than 2-4 years. People come and go. 90 pct of people in general are former hardcore buyers, that lost the passion for it. New collectors don't have the same sentiment towards the old shoes. Which means they could care less about some Miami Nights 8s. Because the shoes like that aren't really loved, they are just loved because they were uber limited.

I'd agree with this. Keep in mind that pretty much all of the Jordan retros, like them or not, are GRs but still sell for 50-100+ over retail most of the time. In terms of holding price/demand, Lebrons/Kobes/KDs aren't at the level unless it's a limited release. The Jordans that do come out in limited numbers like the Doernbechers, BINs, etc hold their value just as well if not better than any of the other limited Lebrons/Kobes/KDs. If we're talking GR vs GR, Jordans still hold their value better despite quality issues and other stuff, but I will say that Jordans definitely have the advantage of nostalgia to drive up hype/demand that Nike bball kicks won't have unless they retro down the road. I buy less Jordans now than I ever have for years for various reasons, but they're still king when it comes to which bball kicks are most in demand among the general public.

Last edited:

Wasn't trying to go to war with you on what shoes are more "valued" lol all I was saying was there's some Lebrons that hold their value that's all real simple

Its cool that yall are selling your JB stuff but I don't think its a great move because Kobe/Lebron/KD shoes doesn't hold its value every well. Maybe in the future, it will

I have sold a lot of my J's because they no longer hold any value to ME. I am 34 and like a lot of older heads here, had a lot of these OG in the 80's and 90's. I wear everything I own, even the pair of Nike Mags I was fortunate enough to get. Point is cop what you like wear what you like. The J's I really like are still in rotation and on the closet. I used to buy everything JB put out, stupid. So that stuff goes. Lebron got me excited about the NBA again when he hit so I'm a big fan of his line but started with the Iv's, and I have equal parts GR, limited, and even iD at this point. But at his point I'd rather spend money on a new shoe I'm a fan of rather than a nostalgic replica of something that is made he same way it was in 1993. Take my .02 for what it's worth.

Last edited:
This may be off topic, I called nike,com and they said there will be a re release of the corks. They also stated the shoe is not made for wear its more of a collectors item as the thin cork layer will wear off over time

Wasn't trying to go to war with you on what shoes are more "valued" lol all I was saying was there's some Lebrons that hold their value that's all real simple

:lol: Oh no....I wasn't trying to go to war with you. My point was just don't go all in on Lebrons, Kobes or KDs.

This may be off topic, I called nike,com and they said there will be a re release of the corks. They also stated the shoe is not made for wear its more of a collectors item as the thin cork layer will wear off over time
The Corks can be worn casually just fine like any other shoe, just not made to be played in. I said this earlier in this thread, but the cork material is just bits and pieces layered on top of another more durable upper material, which is also pretty flexible. The shoe by no means is gonna fall apart if you wear them. Over time, the cork that's layered on top might chip away, but it's only on the outer most layer, almost like a second skin.

:lol: Oh no....I wasn't trying to go to war with you. My point was just don't go all in on Lebrons, Kobes or KDs.

Oh ok gotcha lol I know me personally I'm trying to build my Lebron collection up more because my Jordan collection towers over my Lebron's and I wouldn't even consider myself to be an advent Kobe or KD collector because I just get a pair of those every here and there.

Back
Top Bottom