Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Not a fan of the Carmex X's really.....but I do like the 2nd half PE's he wore. Nice and simple.

[quote name="NikeDealer" url="/t/527591/official-lebron-x-thread-vol-3-hwcs-revealed-settings-launch-3-9-13/420#post_17360849".

But.. I dont consider a true collection what you can walk into the store and get... with that said.. there were only three tables there with tight collections and all around stuff.

EVERYONE else was trying to sell and I would venture to say MAYBE 10 out of 250 folks probably sold stuff lol..

Sad.

Everyone is into sneakers now to sell not to wear them. I wasnt impressed....

[/quote]

I understand what you are saying about the collection part but unless you affiliated with Nike( whether thru work, friend or athlete) its hard to get PE stuff and frankly its not really worth the price, you're gonna pay for it out the butt for a colorway.

I have like a couple rare pieces and they dont give me any more joy than something basic like Jordan XIs

Also the reason why people dont sell anything at these shows is because everybody thinks they're s**** is more valuable than the next mans stuff. Look at NT marketplace or eBay.

Sneakerheads are always trying to get over. Example...... I get a PM on here and about if I wanted to buy some early release GR Kobe 8s. The other member said he didn't want them anymore, I wasn't interested in them either but I figured if I was he'd charge close to retail plus shipping but then I look at his sig later and see hes trying to charge like $230 for them! Its like WTF? Like I didnt read the same forums as he does and know the values of shoes just like he does :lol:

[quote name="NikeDealer" url="/t/527591/official-lebron-x-thread-vol-3-hwcs-revealed-settings-launch-3-9-13/420#post_17360849".

But.. I dont consider a true collection what you can walk into the store and get... with that said.. there were only three tables there with tight collections and all around stuff.

EVERYONE else was trying to sell and I would venture to say MAYBE 10 out of 250 folks probably sold stuff lol..

Sad.

Everyone is into sneakers now to sell not to wear them. I wasnt impressed....

I understand what you are saying about the collection part but unless you affiliated with Nike( whether thru work, friend or athlete) its hard to get PE stuff and frankly its not really worth the price, you're gonna pay for it out the butt for a colorway.

I have like a couple rare pieces and they dont give me any more joy than something basic like Jordan XIs

Also the reason why people dont sell anything at these shows is because everybody thinks they're s**** is more valuable than the next mans stuff. Look at NT marketplace or eBay.

Sneakerheads are always trying to get over. Example...... I get a PM on here and about if I wanted to buy some early release GR Kobe 8s. The other member said he didn't want them anymore, I wasn't interested in them either but I figured if I was he'd charge close to retail plus shipping but then I look at his sig later and see hes trying to charge like $230 for them! Its like WTF? Like I didnt read the same forums as he does and know the values of shoes just like he does
laugh.gif
[/quote]
Oh I def agree everyone cant get access to the stuff some folks can.. and I agree some GR stuff is just as meaningful as the rare stuff..

BUT... you are also right and more to my point that two dudes selling a pair of foams at a Sneaker event.. One for $200 and the other for $400 is absurd.

Im thinking... and this is just me.. but I saw the same shoes and some not even Limited Release stuff... but regular you can walk into stores NOW and get it stuff being sold for double its price...

Really?  We all share the same passion... but fools are all trying to sell each other the SAME shoe for twice and triple its retail price? lolol

You are right.. a bunch of dudes trying to get over on each other not realizing.... you are ALL going to sit on that same shoe until you find the right suckers to buy it but the shoe event just aint the place.

aint that many fools attending since most are trying to sell for absurd prices.. 

At least the dudes who were true rare collectors werent dudes buying on ebay just to sell on ebay the day after the event..

As for the Corks... I saw about 10 folks trying to sell.. but does anyone think someone else is coming to that event with 800 in hand ready to buy a pair of corks?

Come with a pair and sell them for $300 and you leave with money in your pocket... but everyone who came with Corks left with the same ones.. not one person wearing them.

"Endowment effect
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In behavioral economics, the endowment effect (also known as divestiture aversion) is the hypothesis that a person's willingness to accept (WTA) compensation for a good is greater than their willingness to pay (WTP) for it once their property right to it has been established. People will pay more to retain something they own than to obtain something owned by someone else—even when there is no cause for attachment, or even if the item was only obtained minutes ago. This is due to the fact that once you own the item, forgoing it feels like a loss, and humans are loss-averse."

If released I'd assume they would be under NSW.. great shoe, but would be super overhyped + overpriced ie corks :x

Yeah sure whats not hyped nowadays? Still those valentine days are the only other Xs Id consider, If they make suede an option on ID Id cop.

Still no word on Elites?

Is it just me or does the NikeStore bot not work very fast? I bought it just to check the advantage it gives you. Got it for $10 lol.

Is it just me or does the NikeStore bot not work very fast? I bought it just to check the advantage it gives you. Got it for $10 lol.

read the thread title. No talking about bots smh, there is a post in the general forum about it. IMO all bot talk should be banned from NT period.

*edit* it was in the thread title, it got edited out.

Last edited:
Just came back from the Shoetopia Event at the Verizon Judging collections... 

I'll say this about the Corks... folks were there to buy / sell & of course trade...  I guess Im considered OG having been around a bit.. but what I know about these events is I appreciate the folks holding them because they are trying to get shoe heads in one place and hooked them with tickets to the Wiz vs 76ers game...

As for the Corks... I saw about 10 folks trying to sell.. but does anyone think someone else is coming to that event with 800 in hand ready to buy a pair of corks?

Come with a pair and sell them for $300 and you leave with money in your pocket... but everyone who came with Corks left with the same ones.. not one person wearing them.

Sad.

Everyone is into sneakers now to sell not to wear them. I wasnt impressed.... Three dudes won all the categories... except no one had Trainers en masse

Respect to those Three guys and my man from Decade Footwear

:rofl:

Why am I not surprised after all these years......

kicks crew has a fsr of tha corks but those prices r unreal, imho

YBD thanks again for the pics sir !!!!!!
Yeah, $750 and up. Lol at some of the prices on the site. They're selling the Joker/Stealth AJ 1 for $220!!! You can still buy it for retail on all of the sneaker sites. The Fighter Jet Foams at $400 and up or Lebron X ASG at $240 and up are ridiculous but more power to these reseller sites.

I personally like my corks with the alternate thicker laces in. The leather ones are much too stiff for my liking out of the box. They were a ***** relacing though [emoji]128548[/emoji]

Did anyone catch the Cork restock on sns from Friday? My order already shipped

Didn't see a restock on 3/1. My original SNS order will be here tomorrow. What sizes? I know a few people got their SNS orders cancelled from the original release.

Kicks Crew is on that Brand New stuff lol... 

But the impatient will cave just to get a pair.

Im dying for everyone to wait them out and force the prices down... 

Back
Top Bottom