Official Lil B Thread: Black Ken Is finally coming! TYBG

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

It was free actually.

they should've still got refunds
Why are you crying? You must one of those cats who only listen to B for his cooking songs. @!$$ outta here.
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
 I don't rock with Lil B' either way. he sucks and so do you

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

Just picked up a hard copy of 6 Kiss. TYBG

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

And he just added a show in SF. Safe to say these dates are apart of a tour

So far after Paid Dues & Coachella we have

Cincinatti
Detroit
Philly
SF
Chicago

And I think there's one more in Tennessee

Went to Rasputin's in Berkeley just looking to browse. And to my surprise 6 Kiss and I'm Thraxxx were on the Featured/New cd's at the front of the store for $7 dollars each
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

It was free actually.

they should've still got refunds
Why are you crying? You must one of those cats who only listen to B for his cooking songs. @!$$ outta here.
indifferent.gif

It really aint even about that. I like B man...I get what he's trying to do, and his positive steez that he's on.

But....

...if you can't see that his SXSW was one of the wackest events then you need you blinded by that light kid. It aint about none of the songs he did or trying to get the audience hype. Dude's stage presense was just awful. It was mad awkward and you know it. Stop lying to yourself. I hope dude starts to improve, bc I honestly don't want to see him not REALLY make it bc of that.

Originally Posted by davizzy

does he have a date for the SF show?

April 21st with Ninjasonik. It's 21+

And to dude above I think everyone in here knows the SXSW was really really bad. But to those who saw him at Freak City, 2 NY Shows, ATL, Chi Town, DC or Pomona they know he CAN throw a good show so I guess that's why no one is worried

sending shots pt 2 very rare gem

downloaded it months ago and never slapped it till now

oh but anyone care to agree or disagree
Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by GFlower8

from that other thread
Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

His show at SxSW was doo doo man.

I felt embarrassed because of how much I endorsed his live shows to my people.

He tried to switch it up and everyone in the audience just a confused look on his face.
Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Let's keep it funky...I was dissapointed when I seen this cat's videos at SXSW.

When Puff brought him out....I had the
eek.gif
eek.gif
:NTHat look all over my face ready to cook something up crazy..... thendude had the most anticlimatic entrance in concert history. Sat therelooking at the moniter with the longest stoneface. I know Puff wasstanding the backstage like
indifferent.gif
"I did all that hype for this dude to come out like that? Eh, atleast they saw me!"...And bounced!

And it aint like it was dude's first rodeo. His stage presense washorrible! There comes a point when the humbleness and improv shoutoutsget old, and you have to actually start being a star and putting on alegitimate show.
i am going to have to agree with this. i cannot speak first hand orfrom experience cause i never went to a B show, but the crowd seemeddead. i'm assuming it was because this was a bigger venue, he justdidn't have that stage presence he shouldve had. he needed a hype manor at least play the actual song instead of just rapping over theinstrumentals; dude would leave out hella words every other bar tocatch breath and what not, and what makes that worse is that he keptswitchin up the songs that most ppl didn't even know of

ohwell.gif

Yo I used to hate on lil b hard when I first heard himI started listening to more of his stuff when he dropped the first version of Paris Hilton, the one he was cookin in, ever since then I've been a believerThank you based god

sending shots pt 2 very rare gem

downloaded it months ago and never slapped it till now

oh but anyone care to agree or disagree
Spoiler [+]

from that other thread
Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

His show at SxSW was doo doo man.

I felt embarrassed because of how much I endorsed his live shows to my people.

He tried to switch it up and everyone in the audience just a confused look on his face.
Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Let's keep it funky...I was dissapointed when I seen this cat's videos at SXSW.

When Puff brought him out....I had the
eek.gif
eek.gif
:NTHat look all over my face ready to cook something up crazy..... thendude had the most anticlimatic entrance in concert history. Sat therelooking at the moniter with the longest stoneface. I know Puff wasstanding the backstage like
indifferent.gif
"I did all that hype for this dude to come out like that? Eh, atleast they saw me!"...And bounced!

And it aint like it was dude's first rodeo. His stage presense washorrible! There comes a point when the humbleness and improv shoutoutsget old, and you have to actually start being a star and putting on alegitimate show.
i am going to have to agree with this. i cannot speak first hand orfrom experience cause i never went to a B show, but the crowd seemeddead. i'm assuming it was because this was a bigger venue, he justdidn't have that stage presence he shouldve had. he needed a hype manor at least play the actual song instead of just rapping over theinstrumentals; dude would leave out hella words every other bar tocatch breath and what not, and what makes that worse is that he keptswitchin up the songs that most ppl didn't even know of

ohwell.gif
Coming from a hardcore B fan and long time supporter, I cannot deny the truth in this statement. I was watching the performance live via the stream and I kind of cringed a few times because I could tell the crowd wasnt really vibin' with him like his other shows. Like someone else said, it's cool to pay homage and appreciate and all that stuff, but there's a time when that has to come to an end and you start performing, being the star that you are. Plus the whole leaving words out of songs thing really did impact his performance in a negative way. From my perspective, when people want to go see an artist they enjoy live, they expect them to sound like the song, if not better, not worse. Maybe he though that the crowd was going to fill in the words, but I don't think that his crowd was made up of his hard core fans who know the lyrics by heart. This was a newer crowd that probably came to hear more of his "mainstream songs" like Wonton Soup, Pretty Boy, Violate That...ect..and I could just tell the crowd wasn't feeling his deeper stuff...or his random stuff like "Living A Dream"
laugh.gif
I know he says he doesn't take suggestions, but I'm thinking he needs someone to start making a good setlist for him, and then he needs to actually practice remembering his own lyrics.

So yeah, SXSW performance wasn't his best, but it's all good, we've seen how crazy his real shows get
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom