OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

I think this will be a defining moment in CP3's career. He's been here so much; despite all the bogus calls he had three huge mess ups in the final minute or so. Would love to see a hungry CP3 that leaves no room to discuss who is the best PG.

HE NEEDS TO TAKE THIS SERIES OVER.

^^ THIS GUY ...#TRUTH!!  CP3....TAKE THE SERIES OVER DAMMIT!! 

Last edited:
I know I wasn't the only one that couldn't sleep last night\ and I woke up at 6am still pissed off.

Did you see those fouls gifted to Westbrook? He runs into Big Baby... whistle blows and an and1. He did that twice!

And then those phantom fouls on Jordan? Give me a break!

Not sure why Doc didn't call time out right after Durant cut it to 2 points. I blame this meltdown more on Coach Rivers. Poor coaching at the end there especially with 2 time outs and a foul to give. They ran what? An iso for Jamal to make what? Another miraculous play? Nah man they should have gave it to Blake those last possessions. Blake seriously needs to command and WANT the ball during that time.

and yah **** the refs! NBA has become unwatchable now with all these fouls and instant replays.

Yeah, Doc did us no favors last night. The game was slipping away and he didn't call any timeouts to calm everyone down or draw up some actual plays.

And during that stretch in the 3rd when Russell was repeatedly RIPPING us apart by attacking the rim (with DJ on the bench in foul trouble), we should have throw up a zone. Can't let someone keep getting to the rim off the bounce like that without doing something. No doubt in my mind that it would have threw off the Thunder for at least several possessions as Scott Brooks is slow to react and make adjustments, if he does at all.

CP better have the TWO games of his life. Otherwise yesterday will be a permanent career defining stain on his career.

Last edited:
Cmon guys...we all feel the same. We can go on and on about Game 5 or we can put it in the past, where it belongs, and move on.

As cheesy as it sounds, the team needs us to be there to support them and have a positive attitude (yeah...i'm one of those people).

Let's get focused and key in on taking the next two games. This team has shown time and time again they are more than capable of playing with the bests. Let's show the association what it means to be a part of ClipperNation.

WE NEED THIS WIN!

Bruh..... I'm still as heated as most of y'all. It's truly sickening how many calls the Thunder get. These ************* should be on their way to watching the rest of the playoffs at home :smh:

With all that being said, I still think the Clippers can win the series they're easily the better team. Just making a ton of mental errors.

Last edited:
I hope this team can bounce back from that. I don't know how much more drama this team can handle.

We'll find out soon. But since this is by far the best series in the second round, I just feel like it has to go 7.

Good season, fellas. We`re right there. Teams usually have to pay some dues before they break through and this was our time. I think we have mostly the right pieces in place. Maybe a couple roster tweaks and we should be even better next season

Gotta stop blaming the refs. One of the biggest reasons we ever struggled. Always playing down and trying to get the refs to make calls instead of playing basketball.

This season has surpassed my expectations and I cannot wait for next season. A lot of growth needs to take place and the team just has to come out hungry. I was very disappointed in CP3s performance tonight and I hope he takes all of the off season to really figure it out. So many things we can complain about but at the end of the day, the season is over, no more what ifs.

Wanna give a shoutout for everyone in here that represented ClipperNation throughout the season and I can't wait to talk it up again next season.

Thank you Clippers for one hell of a season. :smokin

Still holding my jersey. But in all honesty we killed ourselves. This team just starts sleepwalking. Plus Crawford was crap, DJ was non existent last two games. Yes the refs ****** us but we could have overcome it.

I feel weird losing in the second round is underachievement. Times have changed.

While OKC definitely deserved to win this game, I have to say I was a little disappointed with Doc`s line up management. Why didn't Granger play more. And he rested Redick too long when we were struggling for offense, oh well though - probably wouldn't have mattered.

I was confined to the fact that our season was over Tuesday night. Good season but my goal for them was WCF.

Realized we aren't a championship team as we don't do the little things consistently enough (board, box out, defend and close out quarters) and I felt from the jump our roster composition left too many vulnerabilities (no 3rd or 4th big really until BBD and not enough defenders you could throw at the players you would have to beat, KD, Russ, Z Bo, LeBron)

Team also shoots way too many threes when we aren't a good team from deep. I think we are also a little hurt by the fact that our 4th and 5th best players can't play together for extended stretches (feels like an unnecessary luxury to have two top 15 SG when you have so many other holes on the roster) Nevertheless I'm proud of my team.

Off season objectives

1. Get rid of the Sterling family altogether (Everything below won't matter otherwise :lol: )

2. Try to acquire a legit starting SF, solid backup bigs and a young backup PG (DC is getting paid somewhere else I assume)

3. Get longer and bigger (pause)

Hats off to a great season.

- Overcoming the GSW series was an accomplishment on its own
- Doc's rotations baffled me the past few games
- Deandre went missing the last 2 games
- i was waiting for the CP3 takeover to happen and it never really did
- mental mistakes killed them and i don't think they really got over that G5 loss
- refs this, refs that... but it shouldn't have even come down to the refs. that was on the Clips.

- hats off to OKC though
- Durant was nearly unstoppable

Try to sign Deng. I think he could be that 3rd scorer and piece the Clips needs to really get over the hump. ( I dont know if your cap situation, just saying that)

Try to sign Deng. I think he could be that 3rd scorer and piece the Clips needs to really get over the hump. ( I dont know if your cap situation, just saying that)

Deng would be a great fit, but we do have some cap issues, so I don't think we could pay him what he's going to want, unless we move some other guys, like Dudley.

Back
Top Bottom