OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

^^^ Ha. I knew it! Thanks for the confirmation Certified.

Kind of crazy how the houses behind the court still look almost exactly the same today as they did in WMCJ, considering that movie is like 20 years old now.

Last edited:
14b6jra.jpg

:pimp:

1. Who's the best point guard in the NBA?

Henry Abbott, ESPN.com: Chris Paul. Not only is he the most productive point guard on the court, but he also comes with enough leader's magnetism to lure a good coach into agreeing to break his contract with the Celtics. Powerful stuff.

Jeremy Gordon, Brooklyn's Finest: Chris Paul. The standards by which we define the "best" point guard are fairly fluid -- all of the top ones have singular qualities in their favor, such as Derrick Rose's penchant for attacking or Tony Parker's masterly control of the Spurs' system. But Paul controls the game's pace and sees the floor like no other, and can even score.

Andrew Han, Clipper Blog: Chris Paul. He is still the standard by which all other point guards are measured. Case in point: The only players to average at least 16.5 points, 9.5 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game for a season: Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Tim Hardaway and Chris Paul (including last season).

Curtis Harris, Hardwood Paroxysm: Chris Paul. His reign may come to an end soon, but he has been the default answer to this question for half a decade and deservedly so. No one in the league dictates an offense like Paul. The floor general assails opponents with pinpoint passes and unflappable dribbling, and has always been a terrific rebounder for his size.

Brett Koremenos, HoopSpeak: Chris Paul. Paul led all point guards in PER while also finishing second in Estimated Wins Added despite playing 12 games fewer than the leader in that category, Russell Westbrook. The Clippers' franchise star is equally devastating as a playmaker and a scorer, but often focuses too much on the former to the detriment of his team. Still, no other point guard in the NBA is capable of controlling an offense in the way that he can.

:pimp:

[COLOR=#red]Report: Clippers waiting on Odom before offering Jamison[/COLOR]

Antawn Jamison's future with the Clippers is being held by Lamar Odom.

The Clippers and Jamison reportedly have mutual interest, except the Clippers are first waiting to see if Odom will accept an offer. Which of course means if he does, Jamison is back on the market.

The Los Angeles Times has details:

Clippers informed former Laker Antawn Jamison team waiting on answer from Lamar Odom as preferred option before Jamison, sources.

Clippers willing to offer Lamar Odom vet. mim. of $1.4 million. Odom would like more, but no team has offered LO anything more.

Odom's last journey outside of L.A. was a complete disaster as he ended up being cut by the Mavericks mid-season. So it's likely either their offer, or nothing.

But for Jamison, he's the Clippers' second choice. Per Yahoo Sports, Jamison was apparently led to believe he'd have an offer from them before being informed they preferred Odom.

Odom certainly makes more sense for the Clippers, especially if he's in shape and ready, as his versatility gives them lineup options and a different looks. Jamison is a nice stretch 4, but doesn't add a whole lot to an already deep Clipper bench.

But it's obviously going to be up to Odom. He reportedly had a sniff of interest from the Lakers that fizzled and unless he wants to become a full-time candy eater, it might just be this offer or nothing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-on-lamar-odom-before-offering-antawn-jamison

Apparently, it's not down to just Odom and Jamison. The team also met with Lou Admunson this week. I'd take him. Not as talented as the other two, but can be counted on to play hard and doesn't have a problem playing the #%^* role with the opposition. We could use that.

Also, I'm at LAX right now and the gift shop where I'm at has more Clippers stuff than Lakers stuff. Progress.

(And LAX is a great spot for eye candy. Always see a bunch of hot women when I'm here)

^^^I can't wait either. Besides the dunks, Blake had some nice looking moves in those clips. Hopefully we see more of that during the season.

^^^^i was about to comment on the same thing. Let that man handle the rock! Gotta be one of the better big men in the handles department. I always thought that they should run more plays through break with cp3 running off ball...

Blake needs to get back to his rookie avgs next season.

those highlights from the pro-am tho! :nerd:

Last edited:
^^^^i was about to comment on the same thing. Let that man handle the rock! Gotta be one of the better big men in the handles department. I always thought that they should run more plays through break with cp3 running off ball...

CP3 with the rock on a fastbreak is always a win.

He could pull up or dish. When he's off the ball what could he do?

CP3 with the rock on a fastbreak is always a win.

He could pull up or dish. When he's off the ball what could he do?

Back
Top Bottom