OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

On a little roll. Good to get a win in a game like this where the other team is hot, motivated and has nothing to lose. Clippers made it look pretty easy in the second half.

Yo man,

I grew up watching the NBA, but watching the Clips on Fox Sports West 2, before it became prime ticket. On KTLA 5. Bobby Simmons was one of my OG's. Derek Anderson too with the bicep wristband lol

I thought about that when I read Ballmer is buying the forum.

Like, the Clippers were the worst franchise in sports. With the worst owner in SPORTS. It's more than fair to say that in hindsight, they weren't operating as an actual legitimate NBA franchise. So with that, you could say that the Clippers have only been a legit NBA franchise for about 5 and a half years.

In that short time, they've become a marquee free agent destination, a title contender, w/multiple all stars, have an owner that's literally buying and building arenas for the team as well building an infrastructure for future fandom by renovating courts and gyms all over the city as well as w/school supplies, and idk about you guys but I see it. The ads are everywhere, the courts are everywhere, people come up to me and talk about how they're fans of the clips,

And I just think, if this is what happened in 5 years, imagine 10, or 20? If they continue to put out a premier product, and if they *gasp*

win a chip?

Oh man.

Even before Ballmer...Blake made us legit. It does trip me out to hear someone say “I’ve been a fan since Blake Griffin got drafted.” It sounds like it’s only been 4 years ago but that’s a decade ago. I really wanna see them win for my pops. He’s turning 70 this year and is the reason I’m a fan. Gotta experience a chip with him.

Even before Ballmer...Blake made us legit. It does trip me out to hear someone say “I’ve been a fan since Blake Griffin got drafted.” It sounds like it’s only been 4 years ago but that’s a decade ago. I really wanna see them win for my pops. He’s turning 70 this year and is the reason I’m a fan. Gotta experience a chip with him.
+1
especially when you've been around since the danny manning days! LOL

i hated danny manning btw

^^^ Yes, I’ve said it before. BG was the catalyst for everything that’s come after. If he agrees, his number should be retired.

Anticipating the rockets game. Anxious to see how LAC handles their microball. They’ve got the personnel to do so, probably most equipped team in the league to handle it

on offense, i want zu and trezz to show how their small ball can be a disadvantage but the team has surprised everyone and i am shocked how most cant take advantage of the small line-up

Not to nitpick, but Shams hasn’t found his rhythm since the new guys came on board. Hopefully, he does. Such a weapon when he’s hitting.

Not to nitpick, but Shams hasn’t found his rhythm since the new guys came on board. Hopefully, he does. Such a weapon when he’s hitting.

I feel like he forces shots sosimply because he hasn’t taken one in a long time. I would like to see him pumpfake and drive to rim more often than he does. He has the tools to be a capable finisher around the rim. I’m higher on Headdick than most but I really think he can be a very good starter in the league. JJ with a dunk/layup package

At the risk if eating crow. I think Houston’s small ball plays into our hands. I would love to see them in the playoffs

houstons also a difficult match up because the clips are terrible at defending 3s and the rockets a 5-man line-up that shoot 3s now and if they get hot then they're gon be averaging 150 a game

At the risk if eating crow. I think Houston’s small ball plays into our hands. I would love to see them in the playoffs

Love the the matchup. Not guaranteeing a win but best possible 2nd round matchup for us imo

Plenty.

There's a lot more room for improvement for the Clips before thinking that other playoff contenders are "in trouble." I see plenty of kinks in that armor that really good, complete teams can expose in the playoffs but that's for another day.
kawhi fingers.gif

Back
Top Bottom