OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner · 2m2 minutes ago
Clippers reserve center Cole Aldrich will opt out of his contract that will pay him $1.2 million next season, per source.

I think Doc was anticipating that all the guys with player options would opt out, so I guess none of this should be surprising. It makes good business sense for all of the players who can go the FA route.

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner · 2m2 minutes ago
Clippers reserve center Cole Aldrich will opt out of his contract that will pay him $1.2 million next season, per source.

I think Doc was anticipating that all the guys with player options would opt out, so I guess none of this should be surprising. It makes good business sense for all of the players who can go the FA route.

Especially cole, who probably increased his value the most out of everyone on his team.

Its amazing now to think we got him on the contract that we did. He's the #1 player for me that we have to retain

Especially cole, who probably increased his value the most out of everyone on his team.

Its amazing now to think we got him on the contract that we did. He's the #1 player for me that we have to retain

Absolutely. What's his range? I'm thinking 5-6 mil?

It's time to depart from the Jamal era. Finally

I think I finally outgrew the NBA thread. Maybe I'll head back in there next season or during free agency :lol:

In order of Importance

Cole
Green
Austin

That's who I would want to keep. I actually might put Austin over Green for money purposes.

Absolutely. What's his range? I'm thinking 5-6 mil?

It's time to depart from the Jamal era. Finally

Given how much the cap is going up, I could actually see Cole getting a little more like 7-8 million.

And while agree with you about Jamal, my gut tells me he's back next season.

I think I finally outgrew the NBA thread. Maybe I'll head back in there next season or during free agency :lol:

I posted in there once since the playoffs started and just got in and out. Haven't missed it at all.

Also,

Heavy Clippers presence in there. The person who wrote the DeAndre tweet might have some very serious problems for real.

^^^ While I don't think Kendall Marshall is doing anything more than throwing **** out there, Clips are among the (many) teams Mark Stein is reporting are actively trying to get a sit-down meeting with KD this Summer. I don't see it going anywhere, but at least we're going to try and take our shot.
Given how much the cap is going up, I could actually see Cole getting a little more like 7-8 million.

And while agree with you about Jamal, my gut tells me he's back next season.

I think we have to keep everyone we have bird rights too as we have no cap space. Especially Austin where do we get a back up pg ?

DJ is my guy and I'm happy he's on the team but man...losing him last year would have put us in auch a great position right now.

DJ is my guy and I'm happy he's on the team but man...losing him last year would have put us in auch a great position right now.

Totally agree, which is kind of crazy when you think about the fact we're talking about a guy who just got named 1st team all-NBA and all-defense :lol:

View media item 2065656
Lawrence is a great hoops mind and although I have issues with some of his ideologies in regards to rebounding, he's the architect behind our defense this year. Like the move. Takes some responsibility away from doc.

Question is who's going to replace him on the sidelines

^^^ Just saw the Tweets about Frank and honestly didn't know what to think about the move.

Been a big fan of Brendan since he coached the Summer league team a couple years back. I like the Frank move as well. 

Reading about a few interesting names as being available in trade, like Gordon Hayward and Jabari Parker. Too bad we don't have any thing to trade with really -- if we're keeping the core together, which I think we should do.

Interested in seeing what way we go w/the 25th and 33rd picks tomorrow. Depending on who we sign / resign in free agency, they may actually have a chance to contribute.
Sike. It's doc lol

I never really thought the playoffs were too long until I realized it's been damn near 2 months since we got eliminates :lol:

They need to cut down on rest days and shorten round 1. We should never have 3 days in between game, in any round.

So this happened -

Los Angeles Clippers ‏@clippersbuzztap · 19m19 minutes ago

foxsports​.com >> LeBron James thanked DeAndre Jordan at the Cavs parade http://buzztap.com/-R4mxoa

Over/under on how many "that's the closest the Clippers will ever get to a championship parade" jokes this will generate? A lot.

^That's the first I'm hearing of it. i think we're safe :lol:

I'm so ready for next season. I think the field catches up to GSW. They'll likely
Finish 1st, but it won't be a runaway. Much more competitive season mext year imo.

*of course this is before any signigns/trades are made this summer :lol:

- I absolutely think the field will catch up to GSW. I think there's a chance they don't finish first in the west. More teams are going to switch out on them, forcing them into lower quality 3's, which will aid in their loss column, I think.

- In any event, this is a big day for the Clippers. They've got to find value at 25 and 33 if they don't end up trading the picks. With so many free agents that legit might not come back, whoever we get at 25 and 33 may be needed to contribute right away, as opposed to years past. And this is a draft deep with rotation players, so it's not far fetched at all to find value at the 25th and 33rd picks. If nothing else, they could prove to be some potential assets that we can use down the line. Doc doesn't keep drat picks all that often, so this is a special day 
laugh.gif

- With that being said, I have my eyes on Brice Johnson from UNC. 4 year player, mobile and agile, 6'11, (albeit a small 6'11) and IMO ready to play right away. With the back up big positions in flux, he could be someone of need and value that can contribute from opening night. 

DJ going to the Olympics. I think that's a good think. I honestly think he's probably pretty close to at his ceiling now, but if he can pick up a few things from Coach K, etc. during the process, great.

- I absolutely think the field will catch up to GSW. I think there's a chance they don't finish first in the west. More teams are going to switch out on them, forcing them into lower quality 3's, which will aid in their loss column, I think.

- In any event, this is a big day for the Clippers. They've got to find value at 25 and 33 if they don't end up trading the picks. With so many free agents that legit might not come back, whoever we get at 25 and 33 may be needed to contribute right away, as opposed to years past. And this is a draft deep with rotation players, so it's not far fetched at all to find value at the 25th and 33rd picks. If nothing else, they could prove to be some potential assets that we can use down the line. Doc doesn't keep drat picks all that often, so this is a special day :lol:  

- With that being said, I have my eyes on Brice Johnson from UNC. 4 year player, mobile and agile, 6'11, (albeit a small 6'11) and IMO ready to play right away. With the back up big positions in flux, he could be someone of need and value that can contribute from opening night. 

but will Doc play them outside of garbage time?

but will Doc play them outside of garbage time?
Maybe, depending on how things play out during free agency.

People (myself included) have been hard on doc for not playing young guys but it's not like we've been in a position in the draft to get playable players that warrant playing time on a win now team. CJ Wilcox, Brandon Dawsen, while it would be nice to see them play meaningful minutes, who would they play over? And they aren't good enough to move the needle.

The only young lotto pick on the team that we have right now we didn't even draft, (Austin) and he for sure plays so it's not like he has a grudge against playing young players.

When you're drafting as late as we do, it's hard to find value in the 2nd round, or the end of the first round. Statistically, it almost never happens so I can't really fault him for not playing the young guys. It's not like CJ Wilcox or Reggie Bullock are better than Rivers, or Crawford, or even Pablo Prigioni. 

Back
Top Bottom