OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

We've got to find a way to keep austin this summer. Only young prospect we have.

We probably wont though.

Proud of that performance

Straight up feel bad for you guys. Law, erupt, raw, certified, shoe.

It wasn't supposed to happen this way. All good fans, guys.
Godspeed

Last edited:
I was really pushing for the Clips to beat GSW after this first round. They have the talent. During the regular season, they were good against GSW early on. I am sure they were already prepared with adjustments to try and prevent GSW from making comebacks.
Blake and Chrisp going down at the same time :smh:

Godspeed
'Preciate it. It really isn't as bad as it was the night of Game 4. Was like getting punched in the gut. 

I agree on keeping Austin. If he makes a similar improvement next year he will be a really great backup guard. Would be interested in signing a true PG as insurance. Someone like Pablo that isn't 50 years old. 

Jamal is up this year right? DO NOT BRING HIM BACK. Great guy, just don't want him back AT ALL. He and Doc enable each other.

DJ

Blake

JJ

CP3

Austin

CJ

Cole

^Those are the guys I want back next year. 

Godspeed

Goodlooks bro. I'm rooting for you guys to do it. 

This and this. While I don't care for Russ all that much, I like KD and some of the other guys on OKC and I really am not interested in seeing Spurs v. LeBron vol. 4. Plus, if OKC wins maybe it would be the end of people putting that stupid "Beta" label on Durant. Which would be a plus.

Thunder Up. :pimp:

Didn't get home until about 11 yesterday and couldn't check things on my phone while I was out. When I finally saw the score I got more sad about the season coming to an end than I expected. The remaining, healthy Clippers could easily have rolled over in this series and nobody would have really been mad since the expectations were so low. Got to respect the hell out of the fact they fought to the end. Made me feel bad for them, but it is what it is.

On to next year. And the more I think about it, the more I lean in favor of keeping the core in tact. On paper, regardless of what happens, already have the talent to be a top 4 West team. Then you factor in the possibility that GSW and OKC both could become weaker by virtue of players leaving. **** it, let's take one more shot at this thing while Blake and CP are still under contract.

Got some draft picks here that im hoping to cash in on.

We don't have any real prospects so keeping a 2 way player thats 23 in Austin is a huge priority for me.

I agree on not bringing Jamal back. He was 3-15 in the 2nd half. I would rather give that bench scorer responsibility to Austin and play through him. He defends, has potential to be more efficient, is already a much better defender, and is a full 13 years younger.

My only wish is that we could have moved Jamal this season so we could have gotten something for him but whatever.

Bringing Cole and Jeff Green back is a priority for me as well

Got some draft picks here that im hoping to cash in on.
25 and 33 I believe.

Zimmerman from UNLV? Would help in the Pick n Roll/Pop IMO.

I wish Malik Beasley were a couple inches taller. I think he'd be a perfect fit.

Hernangomez?

Or try to trade up for someone like Taurean Prince? 

Whoever we draft, I just hope Doc gives them some meaningful minutes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm all for Green, Cole and Austin returning. But I agree with Erupt that we all need more of a pure PG for the second unit. Austin is more of an SG/slashing wing.

And though I think Green is a nice piece, not sure he's the answer at starting 3. Like him more as a back-up or small-ball 4 with Blake at center.

Yeah, I'm all for Green, Cole and Austin returning. But I agree with Erupt that we all need more of a pure PG for the second unit. Austin is more of an SG/slashing wing.

And though I think Green is a nice piece, not sure he's the answer at starting 3. Like him more as a back-up or small-ball 4 with Blake at center.

The conundrum with green is that he may have to be the answer for us moving forward. We cant really afford a better option. We have his bird rights so imo he's gotta be a priority because we wont get anything better.

We'll also be getting a d league team in bakersfield this year, which is good. Makes cashing in on these 2 picks all the more important

Have very little faith in Doc drafting and giving young guys an opportunity to play. Real interested to see if he gives Wilcox a legitimate shot to crack the rotation next season, since he is one of the guys we already have under contract.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch · 5m5 minutes ago

NBA says Mason Plumlee should have been called for an illegal screen on Jamal Crawford with 1:45 left in last-two-minute report.

Serious question - does this kind of thing happen to any other team more often than us? :lol:

Says one of Doc's priorities is bringing Jamal back. Hope that's not true. Love the guy, but not for this team anymore. And PP needs to hang it up.

Crawford should stay. the only 2 bench players who played consistent in the playoffs were crawford & green.

Get rid of PP, Prigioni & probably Cole too.

A game 6 win on the road with this group of guys might bring a tear to my eye. JJ, to me, has been more disappointing than Jamal this year. Then again, he's also playing through injury. I won't get mad at anybody this postseason. Except maybe Timid Tebow for celebrating Steph's injury.
You can blame me bro Ill take that I cursed us. I won't do it again.

Seth Curry and Kent Bazemore anybody
nerd.gif
I can't see a fit for Seth with LAC but I'm ALL the way in for Kent Bazemore. 

He'll probably be out of our price range though.

You guys need to listent JJ's podcast today. They're openly talking about about the "Austin's only here because of his dad" comments :rofl:

You guys need to listent JJ's podcast today. They're openly talking about about the "Austin's only here because of his dad" comments :rofl:

Bro - the cover damn near everything in there. Super open and honest discussion.

Back
Top Bottom