OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

About to come in here and go in on Crawford and he hits a game winner. Perfect microcosm of the situation we're in with him. Does just enough good things to prevent us from abandoning him completely.

About to come in here and go in on Crawford and he hits a game winner. Perfect microcosm of the situation we're in with him. Does just enough good things to prevent us from abandoning him completely.
Honestly don't care, someone else could had hit that shot too

Trying to hold my tongue but man, he is so frustrating.

The Rivers / Crawford Pairing is really cringeworthy and I honestly don't know how you can win a championship with BOTH those two in the rotation. Raymond Felton to me has made one of these two expendable and because Austin is a decade younger, is already a better defender and playoff performer, the obvious guy to move would be crawford but Rivers has a bit more value.

I could fully see Doc trading Crawford or Rivers and a 1st or 2nd for Rudy Gay sometime in the new year. That trio of Felton / Crawford / Rivers is going to be hard to manage from a minutes perspective, and I think Austin will suffer the most having to play with both. 

We'll see.

^^^ The contract we gave him in the Summer is going to make Jamal harder to trade, but not impossible.

I'd like to see what the second unit would look like without either Jamal or Austin. Felton at PG, Wes and Andereson on the Wings, Bass and PF and Speights at C.

Last edited:
I just watched the Portland game. Really like what Bass brings to the bench. Also, Mo is a blackhole but there weren't many bad shots from him last game. They keep leaving you open, you gotta shotot.

Been over Jamal for 3 seasons. Not eem gonna waste my time.

I just watched the Portland game. Really like what Bass brings to the bench. Also, Mo is a blackhole but there weren't many bad shots from him last game. They keep leaving you open, you gotta shotot.

Been over Jamal for 3 seasons. Not eem gonna waste my time.
Erupt sometimes you be reading my mind man lol I was thinking the same thing about Mo.

He's a blackhole but it never really looks like he takes "bad" shots, just take shots that are in the flow of what the offense is doing. 

It's really going to come down to whether or not he can make 35%+ of his 3's and whether or not he can shoot at least 45% overall. Right now in the preseason he's averaging like 13 pts in 17 min on like 5 attempts per 3 a game. He's taking 5 three's a game in 17 minutes 
roll.gif

So you can tell where his offense is going to come from, it's just a matter of whether or not he'll be able to make enough of those to justify his radical amount of shot attempts that he's getting.

:lol: great minds.

And I agree, if he's shooting 28% it will Def be a different story. Can't wait for the games to matter.

After tonight, they all count, thank god. Ready to get this going.

I anticipate that today we'll get a real nice look at what our rotations will look like. Looking for how sharp CP and JJ are, along with if/when we stagger CP and Blake, among other things.

^^^ Wonder if Boogie comes out for blood in this one since the GM poll was released today and has DJ as the best C in the NBA. DMC gonna get 2 offensive fouls and a tech in the 1st quarter.

Love DJ sprinting down the court to get that early post position under the hoop. Shaq style.

Austin Rivers playing downhill and actually making plays for people last night and tonight. I feel it. 

Looks like Felton and Bass are the odd men out

Austin Rivers playing downhill and actually making plays for people last night and tonight. I feel it. 

Looks like Felton and Bass are the odd men out

We'll see. I get the sense he's still thinking about it. And who knows what can happen? Injuries can play a major factor. Remember that Cole was basically getting no run last year until Blake went down.

Wish Daren Collison was back in LAC

He's on the trading block too.

DC is at his best when he's Chris Paul's backup. In New Orleans, LAC.......

Sht goes downhill when he's not getting that tutelage.

Wish Daren Collison was back in LAC

He's on the trading block too.

DC is at his best when he's Chris Paul's backup. In New Orleans, LAC.......

Sht goes downhill when he's not getting that tutelage.
liked him when he was wit us but he's been on a steep decline like Crawford in skill

Last edited:
so, how far does this team NEED to go to validate keeping the core together?

i am not in the mindset that this team needs to be blown up if it doesnt go far. but, i def understand where most think thats where we are headed.

so, realistically...keep this teams core together if the clippers go ________

IMO if we make the WCF and are competitive vs. gsw...6-7 games? keep them together.

i still feel like we are the best equipped team to beat them. especially if we can pick up rudy gay or a solid starting SF. i really believe a fire sale is coming in SAC as well.

^^^ It's not all up to the Clips at this point. Blake and CP are going to be free agents, so they're going to have a large say in what happens. I feel that if we don't get to at least the WCF this year, CP will strongly consider going elsewhere. I think Blake will stay no matter what. But I could easily see CP leaving if this season doesn't finish to his satisfaction

^^^ It's not all up to the Clips at this point. Blake and CP are going to be free agents, so they're going to have a large say in what happens. I feel that if we don't get to at least the WCF this year, CP will strongly consider going elsewhere. I think Blake will stay no matter what. But I could easily see CP leaving if this season doesn't finish to his satisfaction
Where's he gonna go tho? Knicks? I know he wants to win but I don't think there's a lot of teams that need a PG that can actually compete. Knicks or clips are his best option.

Let the (real) games begin! :smoking

Really would like to see us get off to a good start tonight in Portland.

Back
Top Bottom