When did they come outta the woodwork?
cubs always have a huge fan base when they come to LA

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bright nikes

eek.gif
at all the cub fans at the ravine.

When did they come outta the woodwork?
cubs always have a huge fan base when they come to LA

This is true. I also saw a lot of "Illinois" license plates at the game last night.

Brad Penny on the mound tomorrow, let's win this series.
pimp.gif

Why is it that one of the few times the Dodgers play on SNB, that is takes place around the same time as the NBA Finals?
mad.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

These Cubs fans at Dodgers stadium are annoying the hell out of me. Let's take 3 out of 4 from them. Go Dodgers!
smokin.gif

Hamels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kershaw........andits not even close. (and these are just the young pitchers)

A couple tidbits:

Berroa is set to make his debut at SS, replacing Hu. Hu is 2 for 34 (.059)
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
x10. Regardless of Berroa's defensive inconsistencies, he has a fresh start, lets just pray no balls come his way
laugh.gif
. He can't hit anyworse than Hu ....

Also another setback for Schmidt, I think its time to start hopin for this duke to come through
alien.gif

LOS ANGELES -- Rehabbing Dodgers starter Jason Schmidt will not pitch in a Minor League rehab start Sunday, as originally scheduled. He felt "a little discomfort" in his surgically repaired shoulder, said Dodgers manager Joe Torre.
"It's not a setback, it's just a set aside," Torre said. "At this point, we're not ready to start the clock on him. I think we're more cautious on starting the clock because we know once we start it, you have a 30-day window. We're going to just hold off maybe for a few days, maybe a week, but depending on him."

The clock on Schmidt's 30-day rehab assignment was stopped with 10 days remaining after he was hit in the calf by a comebacker to the mound during his last rehab start May 31 for Class A Inland Empire, but the new injury refreshes the clock.

Schmidt said the injury is nothing serious, but more of a precautionary measure before starting the 30-day limit.

He threw a bullpen session on Thursday and has made four Minor League starts, compiling a 3.48 ERA in 10 1/3 innings over four outings.

In other injury news, Torre said the club has gotten good reports on catcher Gary Bennett, who is disabled with plantar fasciitis and also working on his mental block about return throws to the mound. Torre added the Dodgers will have to make a decision on him shortly.

Danny Ardoin has taken over the backup catcher duties in Bennett's absence, and Torre has particularly liked how Ardoin has handled pitcher Hiroki Kuroda. In Kuroda's two starts with Ardoin behind the plate, both against the league-leading Cubs' offense, Kuroda has given up one earned run in 15 1/3 innings (0.59 ERA).

Torre said the team would consider using Ardoin as Kuroda's personal catcher, in part to have a designated day to give starting catcher Russell Martin a breather.

"It's tempting. I will look at it," Torre said. "I think just to, what I saw in Chicago and again here last night is pretty impressive."

Torre said injured shortstop Rafael Furcal (strained lower back) ran on Friday and "everything seems to be fine."

Furcal is still on track to possibly start a rehab assignment next weekend and return to the team as early as its May 17-19 trip to Cincinnati. Schmidt's rehab assignment delayed

We need a rally.

We had a great chance with 2 on with 1 out.

But Kemp struck out ............. and DeWitt grounded out.

All I have to say is Lincecum is 100 times better than any Dodgers pitcher. Oh and I can't wait until the Dodgers come to SF in July. Its always funand entertaining especially all the fan fights.

^^ Probably because of the thread title. Anyway, Lincecum is serious.. can't deny that. I think both pitchers will be good in their career..

Exactly, the Kershaw>>>>>>Your fav pitcher title is OD.

Like I said, that last thing we need to be is cocky.

With a blasted payroll, we aint even .500.

No updates in the title and season record??
nerd.gif

Since Furcal went down, this team has done a complete spiral....
Without a consistent lead off hitter, who actually gets on base (word to you Juan Pierre), this team is going nowhere with this bi-polar offense.

Brad Penny wouldn't know how to make a good pitch if it struck him in the face.
I'm sure Brad Penny has some trade value, time to get him out of here.

laugh.gif
updates in this thread are impossible.

FrenchBlue I'm glad someones on the trade Brad Penny boat with me ...

bright nikes wrote:
Gary Bennet placed on 15 DL.

Danny Ardoin (sp) contract purchased. He played for the rockies last year, don't quote me.

I believe Gary will be designated for assignment in the next couple weeks.

Jason Schmidt on 60 day DL to make room.

The injury to Andruw Jones is gonna give us like a 30-game winning streak, sorry PMAC your boy is D-O-N-E.
What happened to the 30 game winning streak prediction?

You must search each topic that has Andruw's name in it, the love you show him is beginning to be quite suspect.

As expected. Andy LaRoche is finally on his way back & Hu sent to AAA!

LOS ANGELES -- One day after Angel Berroa debuted at shortstop for the Dodgers, the club optioned rookie shortstop Chin-lung Hu to Triple-A Las Vegas.
A corresponding roster move will be made before Tuesday night's series opener in San Diego, but it likely will be the promotion of utilityman Andy LaRoche, who will serve as a backup to Blake DeWitt at third base, James Loney at first base and even Jeff Kent at second base.

Hu made the Opening Day roster as an extra middle infielder because of injuries to LaRoche, Nomar Garciaparra and Tony Abreu. He suddenly became the everyday shortstop with the back injury to Rafael Furcal and played well defensively, but was overmatched at the plate. He was batting .159 with a .224 on-base percentage and .206 slugging percentage.

LaRoche, considered the third baseman of the future until DeWitt's emergence, missed the first month of the season recovering from surgery to repair a torn thumb ligament. He is batting .277 with five home runs for Las Vegas.

Berroa was obtained Friday in a trade with Kansas City. The 2003 American League Rookie of the Year is expected to start at shortstop until Furcal's return, then become the primary middle-infield backup.

Back
Top Bottom