Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

I recall reading an article on Martin wanting a contract year by year, just like Tim Lincecum, not willing to commit long term.

When I get on my laptop, I'll find the article.

We should make a Dodger blog, cause 90% of these Dodger blogs are TRASH.

My grandmother asked me how the Dodgers were doing the other day.... I was like
eyes.gif

I really really.... really really ..really thought we would make the playoffs and have a chance to make it to the NLCS.

I think our young players look winded and don't have the patience or desire to fucus on every pitch which is what it takes to win late seasongames. Unfortunately we know it can be done (WS champ Marlins) by young players but its just not in our guys. For whatever reason.

I hate to say it but a firey manager like Ozzie Guillen or LaSorda is what they would need to keep their heads out their @!%e$ day in and day out down thestretch.

Dodgers | Team has approached Martin about deal
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:30:24 -0700

The Los Angeles Daily News' Tony Jackson reports the Los Angeles Dodgers have approached C Russell Martin about a long-term contract, but he has rejected their offers on the advice of his agent Bob Garber. Martin is making $500,000 this season, but his salary figures to jump considerably next year if he qualifies for first-year arbitration eligibility after this season.

I've been thinking about this for a minute now ...

Joe Torre stays with the Yanks & the Dodgers actively pursue Joe Girardi

Joe Torre fits the bill for the Yanks players cause he's old school.

Joe Girardi will bring the most of our young players (ex: Marlins)

Just a thought ....

I wouldn't be surprised to see this old geezer, Jeff Kent be benched & Blake DeWitt play tomorrow.

Sit this old %+*# down please. Get some youth and enthusiasm on the field.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I've been thinking about this for a minute now ...

Just a thought ....

From the jump I wanted joe girardi moreso than torre. After seeing what he did with a florida team, I thought he'd be a great aquisition by the dodgers

They offered him a buyout, so that they can sign him long term, but he turn that notion down.... Help me out if I'm wrong Iron Man.
They have been looking to lock him up since the end of last season and Martin has declined, on advice of his agent. Martin will qualify forarbitration because he will be known as a "Super Two" player, so he get's it a year early.

It is a gamble, but players that wait get paid more than players that get paid now. Why do you think people praise the deals that Evan Longoria and HanleyRamirez received? Because they were a steal for the Marlins and Rays.

A good example is Angel Berroa, he had his ROY with the Royals and they locked him up long term, buying out his arbitration years. Berroa ended up stinking upthe joint so the Royals lost in the end. However, Longoria and Ramirez are stars on the way to becoming Superstars.

Just a little insight, straight from Colletti's mouth. Colletti pursued Girardi and Girardi was going to accept the Dodgers position. However, there was one holdup and that was the Yankees. Girardi had his heart set on NY. There was a deal on the table contingent on Girardi getting a joboffer from the Yanks. Once the Yanks called, deal was off, and negotiations began with Torre.

I think bringing Torre was a good move, because it also brought Bowa and Mattingly over. Hopefully, it brings continuity.

Colletti is going to take the fall for this, However, can you really say it was his fault?

The only bad move I could think of is Juan Pierre. Schmidt and Jones were good moves that turned sour.

I can't believe these $+*+!$$@#$+%$ ******s.

Please Arizona ... BEAT L.A!

The concept of simple baseball seriously goes over their heads. It's way too late in the season to making mistakes like this.

eek.gif
Vin's blood pressure musta been soaring through the roof, dude was heated!

Scott Elbert looks good, changes speeds real well, and a knee bucklin curve with a 93MPH fastball

pimp.gif
Like I said, take Jeff Kent's old grumpy hillbilly @!$ outta there and put in a HUNGRY Blake DeWitt.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

who did vinnie go in on?

An Arizona fan who interfered with a foul ball and caught it, while James Loney was going in for a sliding catch. The dude was smiling and boasting his newball, even though the Dodgers got the out (which helped them get out of a jam) - Vin was pissed off because it was an important game and the fan had theaudacity to interfere.

Then he just went on a rant saying he needs to get kicked out and all this stuff.

Hey Ironma shed some input on your current thoughts of the state of the Dodgers.

I missed that part of the game but tuned in when Vin was saying that kicking him out was the least they could do. I thought it was regarding someone runningon the field or throwing something... Now I wish I would've caught that live.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom