[::Official Ludacris - Battle of the Sexes Album Thread::]

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

And the first week numbers are gonna be 300-400,000 (IMO).

That sounds generous.
I seriously doubt he does more than 150,000
Doubt he even does 100k..

Bout to give this album a listen...I doubt any song will be better den 'Sex Room' ...joint is flames
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Album is very average. Hard to even see it as a real Luda album because I know it was supposed to be a duet album with Shawnna and the whole theme of the album seems dumb without her. He'll be lucky to do more than 200K in the first week, even though How Low is a platinum single.

Luda better come with it next album
smh.gif
, enough with all the features.

I just wanna keep it consistent and call it like I see it...luda's music career is approaching Nelly, 50 Cent status...far as relevance

not saying all his material will suck but I just dont think he can build a fanbase and the ones he had have pretty much have grown up or jumped ship

Luda is kinda like Fab to me...they make average albums that are commerical but they always come thru on features and mixtapes

After another listen (this time in the whip) this album isn't all that bad. It has some bangers

The Intro
pimp.gif

Everybody drunk
pimp.gif

B.O.T.S. Radio is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Paty No Mo
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

And the first week numbers are gonna be 300-400,000 (IMO).

That sounds generous.
I seriously doubt he does more than 150,000
man this N will barely do 30,000 his first week....
Ludacris will barely do 30k? He's gonna do more than that on his 1st day. I think a more suitable 1st week sales is anywhere from 130-200k. Dude got one of the biggest songs in the country. I can just see females running to store to buy his album.

Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

This wasn't even supposed to be a solo Ludacris album, so take it for what it is.

word wasnt it supposed to be a collab album with Shawna at first? why did he decide to make it a solo album all of a sudden?

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

This wasn't even supposed to be a solo Ludacris album, so take it for what it is.

word wasnt it supposed to be a collab album with Shawna at first? why did he decide to make it a solo album all of a sudden?

Shawna left DTP. But this $!@ happens all the time. I remember when Rocafella was suppose to drop a collab album and it turned into a Jay-Z album which was Dynasty. Slip N Slide was suppose to drop a compilation album and it turned into a Trick Daddy album. I guess it makes more sense for the labels to just make it a solo album with their marquee artist compared to a compilation album.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how is luda better than tip? cuz he says a million "like" punchlines in every verse?

Nawbecause every TIP verse is the same. Its been the same since he's cameinto the game. This dude has dropped I'm Serious 5 different times andeach time he does he gets more popular lol. TIP has shown zero growthsince been in the game. HE's gonna be 40 rappin' the same way and aboutthe same $!@. Which is fine because I F with Tip's music but when itcomes to comparing him to a talent like Luda who actually puts in workwith his pen? Its not close.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

I think cuz Shawnna isn't on DTP anymore, but she does pop up on the album quite a few times. Kinda weird to promote a duet album by yourself
laugh.gif

tired.gif

I used to ARGUE with dudes till I was blue in the face that Luda was once top 10 in the game. And now dude has fallin off soooo hard. Luda's career ended in 2006. Only time I check for dude is on features.
smh.gif

-The Juice

Luda spits such basic punch lines also. None of his raps have any complexity to them. Yeah he sounds good on features from time to time, but he is really really average at actually rapping.

im really feelin the album

wish shawnna woulda stayed wit DTP

i can hear her on the album

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

I honestly dont check for luda unless its a feature. Listen to his album for like a day and forget its out
That's real talk. He's the greatest guest star rapper with the most forgettable albums. This one is going to really be lame though. I mean one or two songs about sexin' is whatever, but a whole album about that. The 2 Live Crew days and dead and gone. Let it go.

Luda has fallen off this album and the last are not up to par with his older albums which is sad cause hes one of my favorite rappers

Back
Top Bottom