**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Dude needs to step back from the random guest singing hooks which are too reminiscent of lasers and get back to the likes of mathew santos and gemini. Other than that, the album is good after first listen, heavy on political issues and replete with social commentary which lupe is a master at. Will give this more spins.

You guys think it's a good move to go ahead and cop this Tuesday?

Lupe is my favorite artist, but I don't want to buy an album that I will only listen to once or twice. But if it's good enough I"d rather wait to buy and listen rather than downloading it

The first 7 or 8 tracks are :pimp:, but then it just drops off and feels real inconsistent. Sometimes the production goes straight pop instead of the alternative hip hop sound Lupe usually has. Definitely better out the gate than Lasers, but I wouldn't say its Lupe at his best. Good album though.

Last edited:
Unforgivable Youth anyone? Gives me goosebumps guise. Will definitely cop on Tuesday, probably even the physical copy. I really love this album, it's great. Hook on brave heart :smokin

"the belly of the beast, these streets are demons abs, im telling you that set up in them sit ups is so sad"
strange fruitation :smokin

285182349_640.jpg

Just play on the shuffle.. Now the song is on repeat..

The first 7 or 8 tracks are :pimp:, but then it just drops off and feels real inconsistent. Sometimes the production goes straight pop instead of the alternative hip hop sound Lupe usually has. Definitely better out the gate than Lasers, but I wouldn't say its Lupe at his best. Good album though.

def agree, although Hood Now is vintage Lupe

i will be copping the album

Hood now is soooo good. Haven't listened to the entire album yet but 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to Lupe flexed on. Good lord :x

another message from him on fb

Watch out for the divide and conquer, there lies the monster behind the suit & tied lies who love that supersized mantra, bigger, better even if u dont need it & u gone pay every which way for the privilege to poison yoself & thats on every hole jesus had to bleed with.

Peace be upon him, You see u cant have a healthy tree if the seed sick, though yo forest will be enormous, that illness will never leave it, "God aint American!" so says Jessica CareMoore, therefore there's more there for me to prepare for & I can't get to heaven just by joining the airforce.

I reflect on everything Baldwin ever taught me, when I had to fall back on Zinn when Noam Chomsky lost me, when Cornell stood up for me when everybody fought me, and find comfort in rebellion even though I know what it'll cost me, lets be clear i fear no man on this here planet, my younger hunger back and the only thing i fear is ham on this here sandwich, Food & Liquor 2. Sept 25th.

he seems focused

I don't know why so many of you are eating this album up. Some of you just are blinded and bias.

He's become a major politicians and can't talk about anything without sounding bitter or angry. I understand he's always had that edge and politics to him but it's over the top now and bleeding far too much into his music.

Listening to the album lots of tracks are skippable, or don't have a replay feel to them. I'm not finished with the album yet but so far I only really dig about two or three tracks. This is a far cry from F&L 1 and The Cool.

I feel the same way. Been bumping the first 7-8 tracks heavy today. Other than Form Follows Function, Cold War, and Hood Now I really don't care for the 2nd half of the album.

I feel the same way. Been bumping the first 7-8 tracks heavy today. Other than Form Follows Function, Cold War, and Hood Now I really don't care for the 2nd half of the album.

from an interview i remember lupe said that this album would be different than lasers because the label allowed him to do as many songs as he wanted as long as he did what they also wanted which are the laser-esque tracks

Gave in. Checking the album out now. Already know I'll be buying it on Tuesday, but I cant wait anymore.

on 2nd listen its prolly a 4.25. 4.5 if im feeling really generous.

i dont care for Battle Scars (woulda been better with matthew santos) and Brave heart. and Unforgiveable Youth is kinda boring too. Love all the other tracks.

Cold war is my fav. :smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Like the above post i liked the first 7 tracks. second half of the album i liked brave heart, form follows function, cold war, and hood now. Will definitely be picking this up on tuesday.

from an interview i remember lupe said that this album would be different than lasers because the label allowed him to do as many songs as he wanted as long as he did what they also wanted which are the laser-esque tracks

Yeah the laser-esque tracks don't fit in at all with the rest of the album. I have give this a few spins now and I would give it a 3.75/5 rating. Its a good album but could have been better if a shorter album.

Back
Top Bottom