Official: Manny Pacquiao Thread

Great points by DD79 and NikeDealer! I thought I was the only few feeling this way if he was to jump onboard with JB. One guy here at work who's not into shoes said well maybe Manny may get a bigger cut with JB and it's a no brainer so why should he not sign. Then I gave him my 2 cents and why, he said well you will only be a small amount of that crowd so he may lose you and some and they may not care or have a big effect on it. BS! I already see a lot of negativity here so i'm glad most of us feel that way and rather he stay with Nike as he's already in a league of his own and don't need JB. Plus, I don't really see Manny doing this because of money, I hope not!

You guys are right too about his logo as we may just end up seeing it imprinted on the tongue always and not anywhere else just like the Melo, CP3 and DWade's. I don't believe his logo will be eliminated totally, but the Jumpman logo will overpower MP's obviously as that will be the main focus and what they'll see on the shoe. Definitely not a good thing and design wise I don't believe it will be inspired. Again, if it happens, they need to prove us wrong.

Maybe we can write a petition to Team Pacquiao or to Michael Koncz and voice out our opinions not only as fans, but as consumers and how this will greatly affect his brand. hehe. Back then when everyone said something big will be coming for MP, I immediately thought he would have a brand of his own just like Jordan, but would have never expected the idea of hism signing with JB.  I guess this was the big surprise we were waiting for! Really surprised(sarcastically speaking). 

As big of a global icon Michael Jordan is for what he's done in basketball, he's the GOAT no doubt and everyone knows that and will be known as more of the athlete, but Nike itself is the most known and world class leader in the sports shoe business. 'Nuf said. After all, there would be no JB if not for Nike(no pun intended).

He definitely should just stay with Nike. 
ohwell.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by Koma Toast

Nice move by the cash cow to switch over to JORDAN BRAND

while i like the JB logo his stuff is gonna be terrible now. they wont have the unique designs that Nike had.

IMO, his line has slowly decreased when the original Filipino graphic designer was laid off.
If he does move to JB, who's ready to see elephant print boxing shoes to match the elephant print trunks?

55a1686624357ad1a42b59e8de0c71c01b83625c_r.jpg

Ninong Knows! 
pimp.gif
 As for the shoe, the back symbol looks like the patch from the last Ultimatum Hoody! Has he done green trunks for a fight yet?

The design looks ok but the CW is dull. I hope they come up with the national colors or like the Elite's gold/white combo. That's should be fire.

Was lucky to watch manny train yesterday here in Baguio, Philippines. Here are some of the pics. enjoy!

me with the red shirt.

Originally Posted by The S the L the I the M

IMO, his line has slowly decreased when the original Filipino graphic designer was laid off.
If he does move to JB, who's ready to see elephant print boxing shoes to match the elephant print trunks?
I can agree with this statement..but I believe his clothing line has picked up..the shoe line has decreased..

GZA73 shirts, magazines, posters, shoes were signed. it pays to have a good connection.
Reggievic crowd here is really nice. You can have a better access than state side.
xmo i got you.

was catching up on the latest news from training camp, guess there's more drama - what else is new 
laugh.gif

haven't seen this shirt before
mannypacquiao.jpg

These should have been the ones to release this past June:

08/24/12 Nike Lunar TR1 MP
540942-401 Game Royal/White-University Red
$125.00

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom