Official: Manny Pacquiao Thread

2d29s0.jpg

Did anyone who ordered the N98 jacket get their order cancelled from Eastbay? I mean what the hell you place an order and its backordered. So you think ok cool I should be good to receive once the backorder date arrives. That didn't happen. Backorder date changed about 3 times. Now I am not receiving the jacket I got a beat up box of sneakers cause they shipped it separately in a bag and not a box.

What the heck is wrong with eastbay? ! ? ! How the **$% are you taking orders for backorders and than cancelling them? Eastbay seems to be getting worse and worse when it comes from buying from them lately.

I'll wait for a response from that Eastbay Rep that's on here.

Originally Posted by phnrprman

Did anyone who ordered the N98 jacket get their order cancelled from Eastbay? I mean what the hell you place an order and its backordered. So you think ok cool I should be good to receive once the backorder date arrives. That didn't happen. Backorder date changed about 3 times. Now I am not receiving the jacket I got a beat up box of sneakers cause they shipped it separately in a bag and not a box.

What the heck is wrong with eastbay? ! ? ! How the **$% are you taking orders for backorders and than cancelling them? Eastbay seems to be getting worse and worse when it comes from buying from them lately.

I am sorry to hear about the canceled backorder.  Unfortunately, the shipment we were suppose to receive in for the Nike Pacquiao N98 Track Jacket - Men's inRoyal/Black/Gold (15216493) was cancel.  I do not know why this shipment was cancel.  We did not receive any shipments in for this jacket and we will not be getting any shipments in the future, according to our system.  The backorder date on this item was being pushed back multiple times due to the shipment not coming in when we were expecting it to.

As a convenience for our customers, we allow them to backorder some items before they come in stock.  This allows them to order the item(s) they want before they are available.  Unfortunately, this does not guarantee they will get the items, as what happened in your case, the shipment could be canceled before we even receive the item(s).

As you already know, we do tend to ship shoes out in bags.  The "ordering more than just one pair of shoes on an order" to get the shoes shipped in a box only works when all the items are in stock at the same time, but that still does not guarantee our warehouse will ship them in a box.  As I have mentioned before, I am collecting all the comments I see about us not double boxing shoes and forwarding them on to the appropriate personal to try and get us to double box most shoes, if not all shoes.

Check your private messages for additional information.

EastbayRep - Ray

yea man. i had the red n98 on backorder also. got my cancellation last nite. got immediately heated. haha
anyone know any place besides ebay to cop the n98 red jacket in a large???

local champs sold out quickly. 

It's not very cost efficient for a big company to be shipping out shoes boxed especially when it's for a pair only. Eastbay doesn't only ship out some MP trainers for sneakerheads. Bob next door might not care about the box (general public doesn't really care about it) so a bag which is way cheaper than a box is a better choice.

stop whining.

anyhow, I finally saw the trainers in person (I know, i'm 2000 years late). They're nice, but again, retail price in Canada sucks
sick.gif
Importing shoes w/ high duties and taxes is the reason why we sell our stuff more expensive than the US.

Even mom and pop store like pickyourshoes.com ships their shoes double box(because they care about the quality of service they provide). Eastbay shipping double box will not make them broke. Eastbay can ship their stuff in a bag as long as the product don't come all damaged. Yes, shoe box is part of the product you are paying $100+ for.

Customer service goes a long way. But obviously big businesses don't care as much 'cause they are a big store.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by phnrprman

I am sorry to hear about the canceled backorder.  Unfortunately, the shipment we were suppose to receive in for the Nike Pacquiao N98 Track Jacket - Men's in Royal/Black/Gold (15216493) was cancel.  I do not know why this shipment was cancel.  We did not receive any shipments in for this jacket and we will not be getting any shipments in the future, according to our system.  The backorder date on this item was being pushed back multiple times due to the shipment not coming in when we were expecting it to.

As a convenience for our customers, we allow them to backorder some items before they come in stock.  This allows them to order the item(s) they want before they are available.  Unfortunately, this does not guarantee they will get the items, as what happened in your case, the shipment could be canceled before we even receive the item(s).

As you already know, we do tend to ship shoes out in bags.  The "ordering more than just one pair of shoes on an order" to get the shoes shipped in a box only works when all the items are in stock at the same time, but that still does not guarantee our warehouse will ship them in a box.  As I have mentioned before, I am collecting all the comments I see about us not double boxing shoes and forwarding them on to the appropriate personal to try and get us to double box most shoes, if not all shoes.

Check your private messages for additional information.

EastbayRep - Ray

eastbay sucks, i also ordered the track jacket, in fact ordered 3 for friends and fam and they didn't push thru. damn

Originally Posted by ptngina

Even mom and pop store like pickyourshoes.com ships their shoes double box(because they care about the quality of service they provide). Eastbay shipping double box will not make them broke. Eastbay can ship their stuff in a bag as long as the product don't come all damaged. Yes, shoe box is part of the product you are paying $100+ for.

Customer service goes a long way. But obviously big businesses don't care as much 'cause they are a big store.
pickyourshoes' sales < venator group

laugh.gif
dont even try to compare mom and pops from a huge company.

product = shoes, not the box (from a general consumer's perspective).

now, let me ask you this: would you want your shoes to be double boxed for an extra fee?

We are truly sorry if you have received anything damaged,and we do truly do care about the quality of the service we provide to ourcustomers and our customers above anything, are the most important thing to us.So please if you have not yet been helped with a problem or if you are just nothappy with a service we provided you, please PM us with your order or customernumber and we will assist you ASAP!

As EastbayRep - Ray stated on a previous post we are collecting any and all thecomments we see about us not double boxing shoes and forwarding them on to theappropriate personal to try and get us to double box most shoes, if not allshoes.

EastbayRep – Paul

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

pickyourshoes' sales < venator group

laugh.gif
dont even try to compare mom and pops from a huge company.

product = shoes, not the box (from a general consumer's perspective).

now, let me ask you this: would you want your shoes to be double boxed for an extra fee?

Thats like buying an autograph basketball, for example, and it comes with a glass case. If the seller ships you the ball and the glass case was damaged/broken, you would be ok with that?

If product = shoes, then why ship the box with the shoes to begin with? Why even put the shoe in the box? When you got to a store, you pay X amount of money for a pair of shoe and it comes in a box. Box and Shoes = Product. Thats why some store discount shoes without boxes.

Eastbay ships shoes in a plastic bag and they don't charge extra. They also ship shoes double box with no extra fee(I've ordered a pair of shoes or even a shirt and it was shipped in a box). So why won't they just ship every shoes double box? Cost is very very minimal for a big company like eastbay, footlocker, champs, NDC, Finishline.com(NDC/Finishline double box). Shipping a shoe in a box will not even make a dent  on eastbay profit. 

Would I pay an extra fee for double box, 99.9% of the time no. In some cases yes, depends on what im ordering.

I've been an eastbay customer for almost 10 years. I've been happy with their service most of the time. Me personally, if its just a regular Nike box, i could careless most of the time if eastbay doesn't double box when they ship. But in some cases, I'd like my shoes to be double boxed especially on limited shoes.

Im just saying, people pay a lot of money for a pair of shoes, the least eastbay, footlocker, champs can do is double box them. They ain't gonna go out of business for double boxing.

glasses.gif
glasses.gif
EastbayRep wrote:

We are truly sorry if you have received anything damaged, and we do truly do care about the quality of the service we provide to our customers and our customers above anything, are the most important thing to us. So please if you have not yet been helped with a problem or if you are just not happy with a service we provided you, please PM us with your order or customer number and we will assist you ASAP!

As EastbayRep - Ray stated on a previous post we are collecting any and all the comments we see about us not double boxing shoes and forwarding them on to the appropriate personal to try and get us to double box most shoes, if not all shoes.

EastbayRep – Paul

I've had minimal problem with eastbay. As I stated with my previous post, I've been a customer for almost 10 years. I'm just speaking up to give suggestion to better eastbay.com service, double boxing being one of them. And goldclub was a great idea on eastbay's part. Very much worth it.

Some people are saying shoe box is not part of the product. Only the shoes are. So what do you/eastbay think about this?

i remember they had this nice pac man shirt at champs, but not feeling how it was like a square..no length in the tee at all

glasses.gif
glasses.gif
EastbayRep wrote:

We are truly sorry if you have received anything damaged, and we do truly do care about the quality of the service we provide to our customers and our customers above anything, are the most important thing to us. So please if you have not yet been helped with a problem or if you are just not happy with a service we provided you, please PM us with your order or customer number and we will assist you ASAP!

As EastbayRep - Ray stated on a previous post we are collecting any and all the comments we see about us not double boxing shoes and forwarding them on to the appropriate personal to try and get us to double box most shoes, if not all shoes.

EastbayRep – Paul

I've had minimal problem with eastbay. As I stated with my previous post, I've been a customer for almost 10 years. I'm just speaking up to give suggestion to better eastbay.com service, double boxing being one of them. And goldclub was a great idea on eastbay's part. Very much worth it.

Some people are saying shoe box is not part of the product. Only the shoes are. So what do you/eastbay think about this?

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback!

We are collecting all the feedback on this subject and are passing it onto the appropriate personnel
for review.

It's not anything we can guarantee but we will constantly voice the customer's opinion regarding the matter.

EastbayRep - Paul

Hey, here's my two cents:

If you care about a shoe box, then I don't care what you think about anything. People who give a crap about the box are the reason the shoe game sucks.

That idiot who compared it to a autograph baseball's glass display case: hey buddy, the box IS NOT A CASE. Not a display case. Hold on, new paragraph:

I KNOW SHOE HEADS SOMETIMES LOSE PERSPECTIVE, SO I'LL YELL IT OUT: CLOTHING DOES NOT COME WITH DISPLAY CASES. SHOE BOXES ARE JUST BOXES TO ORGANIZE THE SHOES, THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE SHOE OR WORTHWHILE AT ALL. THEY'RE CARDBOARD. IF YOU THINK CARDBOARD FROM CHINA IS VALUABLE BECAUSE THERE'S A SWOOSH ON IT THEN YOU ARE A SAD AND MISGUIDED PERSON

It would be like when you order new checks from the bank and the box is dinged up. Or if you bought box of macaroni and the side was a little crushed. It's not part of the product. It's something into which the product was placed.

Seriously man. At least when girls get all into shoes they never give a crap about the BOXES. They take them out and display them in the closet. Ya'll make them look sophisticated by calling up and complaining about a bent box.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Hey, here's my two cents:

If you care about a shoe box, then I don't care what you think about anything. People who give a crap about the box are the reason the shoe game sucks.

That idiot who compared it to a autograph baseball's glass display case: hey buddy, the box IS NOT A CASE. Not a display case. Hold on, new paragraph:

I KNOW SHOE HEADS SOMETIMES LOSE PERSPECTIVE, SO I'LL YELL IT OUT: CLOTHING DOES NOT COME WITH DISPLAY CASES. SHOE BOXES ARE JUST BOXES TO ORGANIZE THE SHOES, THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE SHOE OR WORTHWHILE AT ALL. THEY'RE CARDBOARD. IF YOU THINK CARDBOARD FROM CHINA IS VALUABLE BECAUSE THERE'S A SWOOSH ON IT THEN YOU ARE A SAD AND MISGUIDED PERSON

It would be like when you order new checks from the bank and the box is dinged up. Or if you bought box of macaroni and the side was a little crushed. It's not part of the product. It's something into which the product was placed.

Seriously man. At least when girls get all into shoes they never give a crap about the BOXES. They take them out and display them in the closet. Ya'll make them look sophisticated by calling up and complaining about a bent box.

I get where your going to an extent.

However, I would argue that many times with many lines the box is form of art.  The Lebron 7 box jumps to mind with the images, I think that ties into the shoe.  Pac Man boxes look pretty good. 

I would have to argue that the box is part of the product, I'm sure they account for it when they come up with a price, they would have to.

Granted in some cases, I could care less about a box.

that actually came to light about the filipino workers there? damn. i am one of them, but im on a freelance contract now.

Originally Posted by I fLiPzKiCkZ I

Originally Posted by kidcudahy

^From ppizzel in the SC 2010 Thread

http://forum.philboxing.c...ewtopic.php?f=1&t=159365
That's a shame man...
I didn't like this recent set of Pacquiao gear, felt very uninspired and generic. I really hope he was replaced with someone who was at least familiar with the Filipino culture and can translate that in the designs to come like Mike Friolo did (the shield, the shoes, the clothes, the robe, everything)

yeah i am one of those filipino designers that is just a freelancer from designer, and i am mike's nephew.

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Originally Posted by I fLiPzKiCkZ I

Originally Posted by kidcudahy

^From ppizzel in the SC 2010 Thread

http://forum.philboxing.c...ewtopic.php?f=1&t=159365
That's a shame man...
I didn't like this recent set of Pacquiao gear, felt very uninspired and generic. I really hope he was replaced with someone who was at least familiar with the Filipino culture and can translate that in the designs to come like Mike Friolo did (the shield, the shoes, the clothes, the robe, everything)

yeah i am one of those filipino designers that is just a freelancer from designer, and i am mike's nephew.
What was the reason behind Tito Mike's lay-off? just give us the scoop here.

i really had better not to be honest, on the outside looking in, everyone just be happy consumers. on my end of it all, everyone should just be happy doing famous and renowned artist "rendering" jobs are just a few select releases over a few years. nobody knows that many graphic artists are actually designing and working on many popular and famous models, and if you remember barry mcgee and adidas x huf, and how that worked out, nike basically just does this on a HUGE basis, and many inside artists scramble to have glorious work doing gallery shows and working with other people to make projects happen, i am just mad that my kidrobot job was not taken as serious as i should have made it be, and thats the true truth, the artist has zero saying, and i am glad to even have the job i have now, and i have this job because i still have great friends at the swoosh that did not get layed off in this economy, so if you dont see nike id working well enough to make a pinoy colored (enough) shoe, or that certain retro to drop, know that nike is suffering too. sums up the business, the story goes this way for many of the great artists that are looked up to, we get into things we dont understand, being young, naive, or just having connections, and not thinking people that are friends can be sharks.

damn, that's some nice gear! gonna have to cop a few pac-man gear from a nike outlet. hella siiiiiick!

Back
Top Bottom