OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ cmon man Im trying to have intelligent discussion here...im rooting for you

read my words again, and validly respond.

"the threat of a KO is not there "

im assuming you know boxing....

since there is no threat of a KO from floyd, it opens up mannys gameplan significantly....and gives him more freedom to implement his will on the fight.

if you aint got nothing intelligent, or respectable to respond with just don't reply to me, trying to have decent conversation on here with people who can hang on a higher frequency other than A vs B.

What so you wish to discuss? That Floyd won't KO manny?
Anyone who has watched boxing the last 10 years knows those odds are slim to none.

Floyd's KO power isn't what discourages opponents , it's his 'make you pay when you miss' offense. It's enough to keep fighters who walk In the ring over 175+ Lbs (Canelo) from charging in. The reason for fighters ****** punch outputs vs Floyd isn't from him dashing away from trouble, it's from stinging counters that make fighters look for perfect shots instead of letting hands go.
Maybe that's where manny can show us something. He will throw his punches , manny ain't got a "stop and think" to his game.

Do you feel manny is going to KO Floyd?

(The guy withstood two of the hardest overhand rights from Shane including One after already being rocked)

Do you think Manny lands more than 30% of his punches? Do you think Floyd lands less than 40%?

The Only thing I hope Manny does is be ready slang that uppercut and hook lower than chest level after Floyd throws his lead right. If manny can find a home for that, Game on! And we may be looking at a 2nd fight

Floyd has a lot going in his favor. If starts planting that jab and lead right to the body , Manny will be in for a Long night

Last edited:
:lol: His shot isn't bad that that yall made it out to be from those pics a few pages back.

Is it me, or is Ellie not as much as critic as before? Almost seems like he's getting back on the wagon?

EDIT: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: Nevermind, after watching the vid again, I noticed this fool is dressed up like a stalker not wanting to be noticed.

:rofl: @ his outfit

I give Maidana credit then. Dude was just taking Floyd's counters and shrugging most of them off and returning fire. Unfortunately for him, his stamina wasn't great and he tanked.

-Drew

Last edited:
Floyd just fought the wrong fight in the 1st go round.
But yes, Chino was relentless and wasn't worried about picking the perfect spots.

Not may fighters are wired like that

The 2nd fight , mayweather's check hook and lead right and jab to the body kept chino out of it completely... And not sticking to the ropes as he did in the 1st

I gave no chance to Chino in the rematch.

Didn't help that dude actually tried boxing that fight and trying to beat May to the punch as opposed to smothering him.

Cotto was taking May's shots well too I remember. He was imposing his will at times. May just got the best of him that fight.

-Drew

There were two times In the PBF/cotto fight where Floyd could have stopped Miguel if he threw more than 2 punches. Of top of my head, 4th Round and the 8th.
Cotto was wobbled and lights were dimming

Ref refused to let Maidana smother him. Dude was breaking them up from the clinch before anything even happened. Was disgusting to watch. Floyds complaining and politicing during the press tour helped him a lot.

I could've seen the KO coming if May pushed it, but there's a reason why he didn't.

I'm really interested to see as to how May and Pac would react to each other's power.

-Drew

Last edited:
Ref refused to let Maidana smother him. Dude was breaking them up from the clinch before anything even happened. Was disgusting to watch. Floyds complaining and politicing during the press tour helped him a lot.

Bayless better not be the one reffing this fight.

-Drew

I have no problem with the people in this thread being Pacman fans because he's a first ballot Hall of Famer...

Now if you rationally and seriously think Manny will win by decision, you seriously need to be checked out by a psychiatrist. This isn't even realistic but Manny's only chance is to TKO The Best Ever.

Floyd just fought the wrong fight in the 1st go round.
But yes, Chino was relentless and wasn't worried about picking the perfect spots.

Not may fighters are wired like that

The 2nd fight , mayweather's check hook and lead right and jab to the body kept chino out of it completely... And not sticking to the ropes as he did in the 1st
I gave no chance to Chino in the rematch.

Didn't help that dude actually tried boxing that fight and trying to beat May to the punch as opposed to smothering him.

Cotto was taking May's shots well too I remember. He was imposing his will at times. May just got the best of him that fight.

-Drew
Mayweather won that second fight by a large margin. But everyone knows Kenny was the real MVP.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
is this Manny basketball stuff a real thing?
Yes. He owns a professional team in the Philippines, which he also plays for. Add to the fact Daniel Orton, was waived by the team due to commenting about Pacman playing basketball.
roll.gif

It's real alright.

Last edited:
What so you wish to discuss? That Floyd won't KO manny?
Anyone who has watched boxing the last 10 years knows those odds are slim to none.

Floyd's KO power isn't what discourages opponents , it's his 'make you pay when you miss' offense. It's enough to keep fighters who walk In the ring over 175+ Lbs (Canelo) from charging in. The reason for fighters ****** punch outputs vs Floyd isn't from him dashing away from trouble, it's from stinging counters that make fighters look for perfect shots instead of letting hands go.
Maybe that's where manny can show us something. He will throw his punches , manny ain't got a "stop and think" to his game.

Do you feel manny is going to KO Floyd?

(The guy withstood two of the hardest overhand rights from Shane including One after already being rocked)

Do you think Manny lands more than 30% of his punches? Do you think Floyd lands less than 40%?

The Only thing I hope Manny does is be ready slang that uppercut and hook lower than chest level after Floyd throws his lead right. If manny can find a home for that, Game on! And we may be looking at a 2nd fight

Floyd has a lot going in his favor. If starts planting that jab and lead right to the body , Manny will be in for a Long night

yeah agree with the counter, i think it will score for floyd but I don't think it will discourage manny from coming in an eventually landing something significant.

yeah I feel manny has a significant chance to score multiple KNOCK DOWNS, I wouldnt bet on a KO/TKO...

I would say above 30% thats for sure maybe closer to 35%, but the high volume of course is going to cause the % to dip obviously...but some judges love ACTIVITY...and if may is just content to counter and clinch this may work against him in the judges eyes IF many can consistently touch him...not saying they have to be power shots, but if many is throwing the flurries and is touching may...hes going to score. Chino was just looking for that big shot in both fights...he was never in the hunt to win either fight....manny has a legit chance to outpoint may.

Today's mayweather is beatable.

It might come down to floyd consistently scoring with the counters and manny scoring with the power/signifigant shots he can find...if many can score a few 10-8 rounds with a knockdown or 2, he can win this.

or maybe not, we shall see.

Last edited:
If I were Pac, might as well get some hand numbing shots before the fight as well. Fck it. :lol:

-Drew

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom