Official Miami Heat Offseason Thread: EPIC OFFSEASON! YES WE DID!

they need a good PG to run with the super 3......a PG that dont need to shoot, just pass and defend....then the rest is EASY...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w

They just need a good defender/3 point shooter, whose left on the market that fits this description?

matt barnes?
Make De'Sean play D! We know he can knock down the J.

You guys don't think Chalmer's is a decent enough PG?

i'm not that sure the heat need more than chalmers at the PG, cause their crunch time lineup will be:

wade
mike miller
lebron
bosh
whoever plays center

This team is about to be DUMB!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IwearJORDAN4LIFE

they need a good PG to run with the super 3......a PG that dont need to shoot, just pass and defend....then the rest is EASY...

you really dont need a good point guard. you have two ball handlers in wade and lebron. all you really need is a guy who can hit an open jumper sans miller

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w

They just need a good defender/3 point shooter, whose left on the market that fits this description?

matt barnes?
Make De'Sean play D! We know he can knock down the J.

You guys don't think Chalmer's is a decent enough PG?

de'sean hasnt even played in the summer league yet....

Bosh & Haslem are our PF NOT C

We're looking for 1 more C to go along w/Big Z & Joey Anthony. I think Anthony is gonna flourish with this new squad. I know I'm the only one but I also think Shaq would be great for us.

But besides rebuilding some  burnt bridges, he would need to check his ego @ the door

you really dont need a good point guard. you have two ball handlers in wade and lebron. all you really need is a guy who can hit an open jumper sans miller

I agree 100%.

why would we need another C? if we already have joel and big z? haslem and bosh can play a little 5 if needed for a short time... i think that haslem did pretty good as a C for the little time he played when beasley started...
i think chalmers will be fine... a lot of pressure will be off him...

z/joel
bosh/haslem
lebron/miller
wade/rookie
chalmers/vet or rookie

^
Haslem/Big Z/Anthony/Pittman
Bosh/Howard/Varnado?
Lebron/Miller/Butler
Wade/Shooter/Shooter
Chalmers/(J-Will??, Arroyo????)/PG

Like it or not, even with Bosh and/or UD, Pat's looking for another C. We have always carried 3 C.

Even though I'm rooting for him to play this yr, Pittman will most likely play in Europe this season while he gets his body were Riles wants it

Damn Pittman is lagging that badly huh?
Whats the deal with Vernado and Butler? I know literally nothing about the former and the latter's knee is still a ways away.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^
Haslem/Big Z/Anthony/Pittman
Bosh/Howard/Varnado?
Lebron/Miller/Butler
Wade/Shooter/Shooter
Chalmers/(J-Will??, Arroyo????)/PG
haslem is not gonna start at C.... its either big Z or anthony....haslem is a PF and always will be... he only played a little center here and there when we need him, but thats about it... and haslem proved that he can still bring a double double off the bench...

I have big expectations for Vernado on this team. I think his skill set compliments this team perfectly, i.e. rebounds and blocked shots

Are people that clueless about Varnado? Jarvis can slide back and forth between the 3rd C and PF spot. Besides Anthony, he's already the best interior defender on the Heat and he doesn't even have a number yet.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Are people that clueless about Varnado? Jarvis can slide back and forth between the 3rd C and PF spot. Besides Anthony, he's already the best interior defender on the Heat and he doesn't even have a number yet.

THIS!

Chalmers will suffice at the PG position. Running with Wade, James, Bosh will have him looking like a poor man's Rondo.
Joel Anthony resigned already or is he still under contract?
Barners supposedly resigning with the Magics. Raja is with the Jazz
Desean Butler wouldn't be serviceable until next year. Didnt he tear every ligament in his knee?
Shaq's burned one too many bridges to actually be considered. Do you really think he'd be fine being the 4th attraction/court jester to the "3 Kings?"

I watched Varnado sparingly at Miss ST, and while he is a very prolific weakside shotblocker...Dude is pencil thin. He MAY be 200lbs.

He's got some work to do on his body before he's a rotational player in the NBA, in my opionion. How is going to fair when he is isolated in the post vs. bruising NBA caliber big man?

I think there's a decent shot Varnado goes overseas to play for year, while the Heat maintain his draft rights. Just like Miami did with Patrick Beverley and Robert Dozier last year...Miami is going to collect vets for that posistion (I.E Juwan Howard, Jamaal Magloire), and there is only so many valuable roster spots left.

Back
Top Bottom