Official Mike Posner 'The Layover' Nov. 20 Thread Vol. Features for Days

Mike Posner 'The Layover'

Mike_Posner_The_Layover-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Mi...over-mixtape.284023.html

I know I can't be the only Mike Posner fan on here so I figured I'd make a post. He's finally dropped his fourth mixtape 'The Layover' and it's packed with features: Big KRIT, Bun B, Slim Thug, Elzhi, Twista, Big Sean, etc. Completely produced by himself too I believe. I only listed to the 'Hey Lady' leak so I'm gonna' get into the tape now.

PUT YOUR BRAINS UP!

Earlier work:

http://www.datpiff.com/Mi...-Time-mixtape.35914.html

http://www.datpiff.com/Mi...-Door-mixtape.74221.html

I mess with Posner. DL'ed the mixtape but I haven't listened to it. I did get to listen to his Wonderwall cover though...that !$%* is atrocious. He really butchered that song.

Personally I just don't mess with Posner much at all. He could very easily be a really good hook guy, but full songs iono... I really only mess with the songs that have features I like and even for Drug Dealer Girl I listen to the Wale version...

to paraphrase someone from another thread, I don't think i've ever lost interest in an artists faster
than I did with Mike Posner, I don't know what happened...

Tape seems a lot more like his early work than '31 Minutes to Takeoff'. Dude's only been singing for two years now too so he's only gonna' get better.

31 min had to be a joke. I was so hyped for the album then he dropped 31 minute and i lost all interest in his work.

Originally Posted by RedMan

31 min had to be a joke. I was so hyped for the album then he dropped 31 minute and i lost all interest in his work.

i bought that joint and listened to it twice then I gave the cd to my girl. I hope it's like his first 2 tapes

This tape goes hard 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I messed with him until 31 Min and then I lost interest. This put him back though

Originally Posted by rocman23

Originally Posted by RedMan

i bought that joint and listened to it twice then I gave the cd to my girl. I hope it's like his first 2 tapes
Nah, it's definitely back to his old style.

Originally Posted by thejrob

Personally I just don't mess with Posner much at all. He could very easily be a really good hook guy, but full songs iono... I really only mess with the songs that have features I like and even for Drug Dealer Girl I listen to the Wale version...

eek.gif
eek.gif
You avoided all his songs just to listen to his worst, when Wale be tryna hit notes
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I have never been more let down by an artists debut.

My brother and I were so hyped after his first two tapes. We had them on steady rotation for months. We went to Madison for one of his shows and met him afterwards... He hugged us, took a photo, and stuck around to chat about producing. The guy is very cool and friendly.

Then he dropped 31 min, one of the biggest pieces of commercial trash that I've heard. The label clearly dictated to him what it was going to sound like, and the whole thing was tailored for sorority girls. Terrible album.

He tweeted me a while back and said he was going back to his roots for his new mix tape, and he did, for the most part. I still haven't heard anything as nuts as "smoke and drive"... But I think he is on the right path.

Back
Top Bottom