Official Millenial Birth year range 1981-1996 should be split into 2

I was born in 84 i feel 1990 should be the line.

yeah, if u was born in da 90's, i can really only mess wit you till about 96, once i hear u was born when da slim shady LP and after its Dark & hell its hot, its type wrap.

I saw a youtube vid saying that blowing on the nes carteidges didn’t do anything. It was the way the cartridge sat in the system. The mechanism got loose so you had to put an object to hold it down.

Like ninjahood ninjahood said even tho the N64 was still using cartridges, those cartridges were vastly improved and i think the last nintendo console that required you to blow the games often was the SNES.

Haha, I defitnetly remember printing DBZ pictures at the library by Dyckman.

I was born in 1990 and feel like I was born right before the tech boom. First computer was an old Windows 95. Reading magazines like Nintendo Power. The evolution of the internet. Flip phones. Old tube TV’s.

You can defitnetly tell the difference from the younger crowd post 2000. More soft and open to liberal propaganda.

Library on Dyckman and Broadway?
I worked there for like 4 yrs. I used to monitor the computers and saw alll these kids come in to print DBZ pics.

Good times though, ****ed so many broads that would come to the library to work on school assignments.
Used to get topped off in the basement of the library.

Good ****ing times...

I just wanna know what they will call the generation after gen Z. Z is the last letter in the alphabet

Library on Dyckman and Broadway?
I worked there for like 4 yrs. I used to monitor the computers and saw alll these kids come in to print DBZ pics.

Good times though, ****ed so many broads that would come to the library to work on school assignments.
Used to get topped off in the basement of the library.

Good ****ing times...
Why does this sound like some pedo steeze

Crack era is a big thing, and being old enough living in the era and going outside as a kid when all the major cities had the open air drug markets like in SF it was in my hood of Lakeview, Tenderloin, 6th and market etc.

On the video game console side, like ninjahood ninjahood said 8 bit and 64 bit is way different, still remember when they were trying to hype the Atari Jaguar for it being 64 bit and still flopping hard

The kinda computer games you first started playing is way different between the older and younger millenials as well

[QUOTE="debso, post: 30471829, member: 37470".
[/QUOTE]
Stayed in west point
army street before they tore down the big building
and potero hill
i swear it was a crazy time
but taught me a lot
living through that era

The Tenderloin was still like that when I was there in 2013-ish.

Hand to hand transactions...

A crack head chased me for a block because I wouldn't give him a dollar.
tenderloin is STILL like that now
and whats crazy is
theres a damn police station right in the middle
and its still wild

Well I guess according to this thread a generation is defined by video game systems and seeing crack dealers in Nostrand ave. or Flatbush junction

Man i had homies caught up on that West Point Rd and Harbor Rd. beef. Same with all the sunnydale and lakeview beef etc. I miss that old downtown SF tho, Virgin Megastore for cds and magazines etc. House of Blue Jeans to get all my Girbaud Shuttle jeans etc. and other gear, Tu Lan that hole in the wall vietnamese food spot that all the D boys trapping 6th and market had some bomb Imperial Rolls. Market St. Cinema was the other strip club there now its just Crazy Horse.

[/QUOTE]

If you weren't scared of AIDS, dont know what dare is or know what your brain on drugs looks like then I dunno.
I'm from NYC and I dont expect everyone to have stepped around syringes and over strung out addicts back then but I feel like if a person can't remember the whole just say no thing, taking a bite out of crime or dare t shirts and bumper stickers then we cant relate.

If you cant complete the following sentence we arent on the same page.

I'm not a chicken, you're a _______.

Turkey!! :rofl:

I'm so tired of this argument, it's stupid

What’s wild to me is that even my friends not from the US did a lot of the same ish we did here in the 90s. Born in 85 and I’ll never ever not think 99-09 was the best decade.

I honestly think communication peaked in that decade. We had the tools like email aim etc to help facilitate it but weren’t yet reliant on it. Passing notes and telephone calls.

There is nothing as meaningful as getting a phone number in that era. Music was the best...right mix of rap and other (like jay z linkin Park crossover).

That said I can rock with anybody from 80 to 94 as my era. 1979 and before is different era and 95 onwards is a different era if I’m generalizing.

Funny cuz a lotta older millennials be acting all OG. We weren't even doing cocaine in the 80s.

I don't think the ones born after 88-89 first started using their home internet through the AOL free hours cds mailed to you, at first they were mailing you like 25 hours and it kept going higher on the hours until they were like 1000 hours

They don't know about Netzero changing the game for ISPs for ppl that wanted that bargain internet

the illegal cable boxes hooked up to get free cable including all the premium channels and ppvs

The Cindy Margolis Show

Web TV, Sony MD player, Motorola Timeports

right mix of rap and other (like jay z linkin Park crossover).

That collaboration was straight trash lol!

I don't think the ones born after 88-89 first started using their home internet through the AOL free hours cds mailed to you, at first they were mailing you like 25 hours and it kept going higher on the hours until they were like 1000 hours

They don't know about Netzero changing the game for ISPs for ppl that wanted that bargain internet

the illegal cable boxes hooked up to get free cable including all the premium channels and ppvs

The Cindy Margolis Show

Web TV, Sony MD player, Motorola Timeports

I think the point you wanted to make, OP was that generational identification needs to correlate directly to what you're nostalgic about, which I understand completely, but still no split on the range lol.

What about texting vs aim/Yahoo messenger? 90s kids don't know bout that.

In all seriousness, yall are being difficult on purpose.

Yall HAVE to understand what OP is trying to say here.

Ninja cleaned it up but I felt op was clear with his reasoning

If you weren't printing out mapquest directions to get to where you had to drive you're definitely in the younger millenial group rather than the 1st group

Back
Top Bottom