Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

Just came to wish that Rubio recovers swiftly and fully, sad to see him tear his ACL
frown.gif

Co-sign

Man, I know the pain of tearing an ACL, best of luck to Rubio...Wishing him a speedy recovery.

I'm a Wizards fan so I've been vicariously living through you guys this year. Hopefully JJ and Luke step up
frown.gif

I don't want to be body language guy but to me Love looks just physically and mentally tired.

I still hope we can get 33-33 this season.

yea this really does suck. atleast i can still play rubio in nba jam. i think you guys can still make the playoffs. that one big funny looking dude is solid. barea needs to get healthy and earn his money..

does this change trading beasley? i know hes no point guard but maybe they actually take a player back for him or keep him?

Originally Posted by JPZx

35mjhb8.jpg

All bad...

I'm going to the Target Center tonight, I can't imagine what the vibe will be like.

So, so so very close to that 8th seed
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
My deepest condolences go out to Rubio. Not only is his season gone, career possibly threatened... but he's missing the Olympics.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't even know what to say.
This I doubt. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the possibility that he never is the same, but I sure think he will bounce back just fine. Here's an excerpt from ESPN.com's 5-on-5 article about Rubio's injury:
[h3]
[h3]3. What was Rubio's upside before the injury, and what is it now?[/h3]

nba_u_rubio_mb_203.jpg

Stein: It's a torn ACL. So there's no reason or indication to think he won't make a full recovery, and thus no need to change the long-term assessment. He's a future All-Star and franchise point guard in spite of his limitations as a shooter. And I tend to believe that he will get his jumper to a point, a la Kidd, that it fades as a weakness over time. But I'm admittedly biased.

Fancy passing and deep shooting are my two favorite things in basketball, so I was a Rubio believer even these last two seasons when his stock was said to be dropping because of his struggles at Barcelona. Always thought that, once you put NBA-level finishers around him and take him out of Europe's pack-the-paint world, Rubio would be a different player.

Chau: Had Rubio been a freak athlete, the tragedy of his injury would have been more than too much to bear. Rubio could have been a top-7 point guard in the league for years to come, and he still can. This injury won't rob him of his greatest gifts (his mind, his eyes, his hands), it will only rob him of time.

Haubner: Jason Kidd has seemed like a good place to set the Rubio ceiling. He is a superlative passer who may be even more effective on defense than offense and an excellent rebounder for his position. His (very) low field goal percentage is the main thing holding him back. Enough guys have come back strong from torn ACLs that I see no reason to alter the evaluation.

Harper: Before he was capable of being a top-10 point guard in the league and top 5 in a few years if he learned how to shoot more consistently. Now? He's still capable of doing those things. An ACL tear isn't what it used to be, and he can make a full recovery. The Wolves and Rubio just have to be diligent about his rehab.

Mason: Rubio's potential is more dependent on his jumper than his ability to jump. At just 21, I expect Rubio to regain almost all of his athleticism, and his vision and intelligence will remain superb. Rubio can still be a top-seven point guard and the engine of a championship-level offense and defense.
[/h3]

That said, 
frown.gif
! This truly has left a sick feeling in my stomach since the news broke. Couldn't have happened to a nicer player in a more promising situation for him and the TWolves. Here's to a quick recovery.

This thread got super depressing haha.

I hope the best for Rubio.
It's so disappointing what happened.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

He was something special.
I really hope for a good recovery.

A little but it's really interesting to see what they can do as a whole now. Portland is up and (mostly) down. The Nuggets seem getting back to normal health wise and Houston w/o Lowry are just an okay team. I think for the rest of the season we will be battling with Houston (3-0), Portland (2-0), Phoenix (1-1), Denver(0-1), Utah (0-1) until the end. 

In regards to the Suns game--shouldn't Beasley start? Wes and Martell seems fine but I don't know who between those two you go to to score after Love and The Godfather.

I have to say this about Wayne, he's going to be in the league a long time hasn't played real minutes since early Feb. and does a nice job coming in and providing some scoring
pimp.gif

What's up fellas?

PR dept just passed word that nothing is going down. The Crawford deal came right down to the deadline before falling apart. 
frown.gif

Last night the deal seemed almost done... everyone was preparing to come to work and hear all the hoopla about Jamal coming to town.

The morning just dragged on... everyone was waiting for something to happen... and then nothing.

Turns out that Portland felt like they weren't getting enough, so they tried to drag a 1st out of LA. LA then tried to snag Ridnour, which we all know would be ridiculous for the Wolves to agree to. Without Ridnour, who do we have at point? JJ Barea and his ankle? Rookie/D-Leaguer Malcolm Lee? There was also word that we were about to have Derek Fisher coming to us, which I wouldn't have minded if only as a mentor to this young team.

All in all, I'm a little glad that we stayed put. Beasley is an absolute weapon off the bench and has the most offensive ability of anyone on the squad. We can still make a run at Crawford this summer. After all, who wouldn't want Love rebounding and Rubio passing for them?

ejaidg.png

So I'm already thinking about the off-season
laugh.gif
and was just wondering what do you guys see maybe happening. JPZ, you know what picks we have this year?

I expect Kahn to make a lot of deals this summer.

We all know Brad is staying
eyes.gif
, Martell maybe gone-sucks b/c of injuries, Randolph gone, Tolliver maybe comes back.

Bring in a Athletic Center that can compete with Darko for that 2nd Center spot--Brad is just gonna stay on the bench.

Keep Luke since Rubio won't be ready by training camp and JJ.

Wes *shrugs*

We get Utah's first round pick if they make the playoffs this season, so that's a little consolation when/if we don't make it.

Brad Miller... I could see him retiring. However I think anyone in that spot would sit tight and wait one more year seeing as how he's got five million coming his way.

We gotta bring in a QUALITY SG. That's my only expectation of David Kahn this off-season. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

Do you guys think Rubio will be back by the beginning of next season?

Damn. Great effort tonight though. I'm just glad they're able to finally compete with the big dogs these days..Keep learning T-Pups.

Good win today, stepped on the pedal from the start and didn't let up. Kept the lead around 20 the entire season.

Love with 30 points/21 rebounds
eek.gif

Ridnour with 25 points/6 assists

Even Tolliver and Ellington checked in with godo games respectively.

Memphis on Tuesday. Maybe we can keep quietly winning games here and keep our name in the discussion for the 8th seed.

yooo them shorts
pimp.gif
how much they run ?
i hope beas can play like we all know he can, he zones out to much. im pullin for him though and the wolves

Back
Top Bottom