Official MLB The Show 18 Thread | Available Now

Does the PCI even matter in online games? Played a dude and he was making solid contact on everything. PCI was nowhere near the ball marker, though. Most frustrating game I've played in a minute.

lmao that's pretty bad

whats everybodys Diamond Dynasty teams looking like?

I've dropped over $100 (got the game for free through gift card/tradeins) and can barely get any gold or diamond cards. They're too rare lol

Some of these prices are crazy. If you convert 1000 stubs to $1, think of some of the diamond card prices like that.

Threw a no-hitter with Garrett Richards (vs. Yanks), and was in the process of throwing a perfecto with Matt Shoemaker (vs. Cubs) before my opponent quit. Happened in back to back games. Never had anything like that happen to me before. :pimp:

Threw a no-hitter with Garrett Richards (vs. Yanks), and was in the process of throwing a perfecto with Matt Shoemaker (vs. Cubs) before my opponent quit. Happened in back to back games. Never had anything like that happen to me before. :pimp:

Online? add me lets run one tomorrow: gregzzy

Yall boys add me too I'll be on probably from about 7 AM-2PM if anybody wants to run one

tag in my sig

Last edited:
Added both of you. Probably won't be on until pretty late (I'm on the west coast), but if you see me online hit me up.

No doubt. I work at night on the east coast so my schedules way different than most people but we will link up eventually. I still wanna get some kind of tournament/league going

What is the general consensus on throwing balls/strikes?

I look at it as a competitive game. If youre going to swing at balls (my biggest problem personally) I'm going to keep throwing them.

Some people feel like it's no fun if you throw a lot of balls.

alright so since that Groupon deal didnt fall thru i went out friday and copped me a PS4

ive been playing pretty much all weekend more so RTTS to get familiar with the game hitting wise to get my timing down. 

I got called up already to the Angels already, I went in as a 2B but got switched to 3B which im liking the position actually a lot better.

played online a few games but literally 6/9 games FROZE on me and i just chalked it up. Wasted 3k already in Stubs on BR cause of game freezes SMH 

Gamertag is the same as my XBOX GT 

Itz_Me_Pizzo_23

everything i thought of was taking already so i kept it simple lol

really wanted Pizzo23 but ohwell

Last edited:
No doubt. I work at night on the east coast so my schedules way different than most people but we will link up eventually. I still wanna get some kind of tournament/league going

I look at it as a competitive game. If youre going to swing at balls (my biggest problem personally) I'm going to keep throwing them.

I'll throw pitches into the dirt until the batter forces me to throw strikes. My friend swings at everything and gets upset, but I'm not going to go easy on him just because hes my friend. :lol:

I swing more often than I should (about 60-70% swing rate), but sometimes its hard for me to hold back, especially when I'm struggling. :lol:

the hardest pitch for me to hold back on is a High fastball 

**** just looks so damn promising man 

How do y'all develop plate discipline? I tend to swing at everything

Didn't see y'all were already discussion that

Last edited:
How do y'all develop plate discipline? I tend to swing at everything
Gotta develop patience. Trust me.......I'm still getting fooled by changeup pitches. 
mean.gif

Yea the plate discipline is a HUGE factor in this game (obviously...). Hitting is tough. It usually takes me like a full month or two to really feel comfortable at the plate every year this game releases. Pitching It only takes me a game or two.

I had a game today where I lost like 8-0. I told myself that I NEED to be more patient. Next game I turned that approach into a 6-0 win.

Yall gone against AJ Ramos yet? His slider is dirty with that 99 break

I've legit spent $150 on stubs. I have like 30/40 cards for every team. Got me out here feeling like a damn FOOL. I never even play these modes but I'm bored waiting for these rosters to start my RTTS/Franchise. I smoke a blunt in the morning and get on and drop $50 just so I can open up a 50 pack of cards smfh

Added both of you. Probably won't be on until pretty late (I'm on the west coast), but if you see me online hit me up.

alright so since that Groupon deal didnt fall thru i went out friday and copped me a PS4

ive been playing pretty much all weekend more so RTTS to get familiar with the game hitting wise to get my timing down. 

I got called up already to the Angels already, I went in as a 2B but got switched to 3B which im liking the position actually a lot better.

played online a few games but literally 6/9 games FROZE on me and i just chalked it up. Wasted 3k already in Stubs on BR cause of game freezes SMH 

Gamertag is the same as my XBOX GT 

Itz_Me_Pizzo_23

everything i thought of was taking already so i kept it simple lol

really wanted Pizzo23 but ohwell
I'm about to hop on in a little, gonna add all of you

For those that have '17...is it worth the upgrade from '16? I wanted to cop, especially with The Kid on the cover but I usually try to space out my sports titles to every 2 or 3 years.

Anybody got installations problems? Mine is stuck with a pause button in the middle of the loading bar. I tried to press it but it just flashes does nothing.

Back
Top Bottom