Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Damn shame if they let Velasquez go. Couple of fights (hell maybe even now) he might be able to give Brock a run for his money.

And Kos too. Im not a Kos fan by any means, like most UFC fans I love to root against him, but you gotta give the dude credit. He brings it. He is also acompany man, taking the last fight against Thiago on short notice, with another fight no more than month or so later. How is Dana making the argument thatthese guys arent "with us"?

!##! yuku.

let's try this again.

smh.gif
at the ufc if this is true.

dana makes all the disputes so personal by talking like that all the time.

hiding behind the economy is weak. 'the networks dont have money'? that's bs. we arent going to see the colapse of a major tv network anytimesoon.

why cant the likeness agreement just last the same length as the fight contracts? why does it have to be lifetime? 5 or 10 year contracts seem more thanreasonable.

i can entirely see where fitch and the other fighters are coming from.

Some pics from the upcoming UFC Undisputed game:

ufc-2009-undisputed-roster-announcement-20081118041710007-000.jpg

ufc-2009-undisputed-roster-announcement-20081118041650476-000.jpg

ufc-2009-undisputed-roster-announcement-20081118041636680-000.jpg

ufc-2009-undisputed-roster-announcement-20081118041659882-000.jpg

WOW thats pathetic on the side of Dana White, If what Fitch says bout a lifetime contract so that their face can be in the UFC Video game. Come on. Fitch is atop 5 in his weight class. If Koscheck is cut also Dana has lost his mind.

demonbasketball04 wrote:
Originally Posted by piczon1983

^ damn. On the other hand, if GSP wins over Penn, Confirmed he will get Anderson Silva. If Penn wins, he will get to defend both belts. Sorry if this is late.

Confirmed from where?! As far as I know, Alves is next in line for a WW title shot.
Dana said it in an interview recently. Go to the 6:25 mark.

Anybody excited about the Fight for the Troops card? It looks crappy as hell, why in the hell didn't they combine the finale and the Fight for the troopscard? 1 decent card > 2 crappy ones. btw hats off to Jason MacDonald, 3 fights in 3 and a half months.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Anybody excited about the Fight for the Troops card? It looks crappy as hell, why in the hell didn't they combine the finale and the Fight for the troops card? 1 decent card > 2 crappy ones. btw hats off to Jason MacDonald, 3 fights in 3 and a half months.
eek.gif

I 100% agree. Aside from the Yoshida/Koscheck fight, no other fight really stands out to me.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Is the MMA still investigation that kimbo incident..
nerd.gif
Cuz that match was rigged!!!
They did and found no wrong doing. Sources say he may go to DREAM for some gimmes or take Pro Boxing. 33 more days until UFC 92. I can't evenpick between Wanderlei and Rampage I just love them both.
embarassed.gif
It's quite funny though the betting odds are dead even despite Wanderlei winning brutally twice.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Is the MMA still investigation that kimbo incident..
nerd.gif
Cuz that match was rigged!!!
They did and found no wrong doing. Sources say he may go to DREAM for some gimmes or take Pro Boxing. 33 more days until UFC 92. I can't even pick between Wanderlei and Rampage I just love them both.
embarassed.gif
It's quite funny though the betting odds are dead even despite Wanderlei winning brutally twice.
eek.gif
That's really not that crazy considering Wanderlei lost to CroCop, Hendo, and Chuck before rape choking Techno Viking.

Rampage beat Chuck and Hendo before losing to Forrest.

There are so many unknowns though. Rampage is training without Juanito for the first time in a long time and Wanderlei looks to be back on right track.

I'm really pulling for Rampage, though. I don't want the guy to go crazy.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

That's really not that crazy considering Wanderlei lost to CroCop, Hendo, and Chuck before rape choking Techno Viking.

Rampage beat Chuck and Hendo before losing to Forrest.

There are so many unknowns though. Rampage is training without Juanito for the first time in a long time and Wanderlei looks to be back on right track.

I'm really pulling for Rampage, though. I don't want the guy to go crazy.

As good as this fights gonna be, it really is too close to call to pick a winner, $$ wise. Fantasy wise, I'm taking Wanderlei by 2nd Rd. TKO
smokin.gif

WEC next Wednesday is kinda 'ehh' compared to their last card, but the fact that Miguel Torres is fighting will keep me tuned in.

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)
  • Champ Miguel Torres vs. Manny Tapia (for bantamweight title)
  • Brian Bowles vs. Will Ribeiro
  • Wagnney Fabiano vs. Akitoshi Tamura
  • Joseph Benavidez vs. Danny Martinez
  • Justin Haskins vs. Johny Hendricks
PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-TELEVISED)
  • Ricardo Barros vs. Mark Munoz
  • Blas Avena vs. Kevin Knabjian
  • Diego Nunes vs. Cole Province
  • Alex Karalexis vs. Bart Palaszewski
  • Cub Swanson vs. Hirouki Takaya
  • Shane Roller vs. Mike Budnik

Alright, finally going to comment on UFC 91. For all the MMA elitists Lesnar is LEGIT LEGIT LEGIT. Randy was doing excellent especially for a guy who took offa year and IS 45 YEARS OLD! Brock would beat Mir into another world if they rematched and has a very good chance against Nog. What people are forgetting isthat those guys work good on the ground but after the Randy fight who says he needs to even be on the ground to beat you. His chin was tested someehat and itlooks good. The only person in the UFC I think gives Brock a challenge is Gonzaga, crazy striker with a BJJ black belt. Kenny Florian is going to give BJproblems but I'll judge that after the GSP rematch.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Alright, finally going to comment on UFC 91. For all the MMA elitists Lesnar is LEGIT LEGIT LEGIT. Randy was doing excellent especially for a guy who took off a year and IS 45 YEARS OLD! Brock would beat Mir into another world if they rematched and has a very good chance against Nog. What people are forgetting is that those guys work good on the ground but after the Randy fight who says he needs to even be on the ground to beat you. His chin was tested someehat and it looks good. The only person in the UFC I think gives Brock a challenge is Gonzaga, crazy striker with a BJJ black belt. Kenny Florian is going to give BJ problems but I'll judge that after the GSP rematch.

Well Brock's striking isn't the greatest nor is Randy's which is why I think Big Nog would work Brock on the feet and on the ground from his back.Brock at the moment is only training for specific opponents and not his whole MMA game which leads me to believe Nog wins regardless. The problem wasRandy's best strategy beating guys is his wrestling but vs Brock he really met his match and Randy couldn't get anything going regardless ofBrock's lack of skill. Guys with great BJJ and decent striking I think will take Brock always no question. BJJ is designed for the smaller guy to winanyways.

apparently brock lesnar is a bout 40 minutes from my city right now plumb stuck in the middle of rural manitoba.

a girl i went to highschool with met him tonight.

i remember hearing he used to wotk over there in kola, mb or something like that but i never cared so i never paid full attention when people talked about it.

anyway the pic:

one of my best friends dated this chick for like a month but she was real religious in a self righteous way back then (and kinda violent for a chick too). likemost girls like that, she got a taste of the non jesusy world at some point and went wild and got knocked up.
laugh.gif

i heard anderson silva is fighting bisping next

if true... STUPID LAME FIGHT!!!!

UFC's self proclaimed p4p is fighting bisping? lol

Originally Posted by Battousai701

I don't see why it would be lame. It was either Bisping or Okami. Silva's a middleweight, and his obligations belong there. If you canthink of any other logical fight that would actually fit within meaning I'd like to hear. Because even a lot of these dream matches are tied up right now.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I don't see why it would be lame. It was either Bisping or Okami. Silva's a middleweight, and his obligations belong there. If you can think of any other logical fight that would actually fit within meaning I'd like to hear. Because even a lot of these dream matches are tied up right now.
its lame because we all already know who the obvious winner is gonna be. its not even a fair match. theres no reason for him to be in themiddleweight division anymore.

anderson doesnt have much of fights left in his contract and has been thinking of retiring.

its better if he fought top contenders in light heavyweights. aside from lyoto machida, who he doesnt wanna fight because theyre friends, theres plenty ofchallenges for silva.

I don't see why it would be lame. It was either Bisping or Okami. Silva's a middleweight, and his obligations belong there. If you can think of any other logical fight that would actually fit within meaning I'd like to hear. Because even a lot of these dream matches are tied up right now.
its lame because we all already know who the obvious winner is gonna be. its not even a fair match. theres no reason for him to be in the middleweight division anymore.

anderson doesnt have much of fights left in his contract and has been thinking of retiring.

its better if he fought top contenders in light heavyweights. aside from lyoto machida, who he doesnt wanna fight because theyre friends, theres plenty of challenges for silva.
How many actually fit in right now? Just wondering, but every top LHW is pretty much accounted for to fight soon. Only one I can think of isagainst Chuck and that fight is just a lame as a Bisping fight. If you haven't noticed, there's a lot of fights even at 205 where Anderson is gonna bea heavy, heavy favorite.

its lame because we all already know who the obvious winner is gonna be. its not even a fair match. theres no reason for him to be in the middleweight division anymore.

its better if he fought top contenders in light heavyweights. aside from lyoto machida, who he doesnt wanna fight because theyre friends, theres plenty of challenges for silva.
How many actually fit in right now? Just wondering, but every top LHW is pretty much accounted for to fight soon. Only one I can think of is against Chuck and that fight is just a lame as a Bisping fight. If you haven't noticed, there's a lot of fights even at 205 where Anderson is gonna be a heavy, heavy favorite.
thats partially true. but its still better than fighting bisping. at least wit chuck, there will be more draw and interesting fighting against aformer champ. chuck lost horribly but hes still way better of a challenge than bisping.

i might be able to tolerate a fight with okami. hell... just put up a rematch against ryo chonan and i bet u that would be more exciting
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom