Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

If Cain or Dos Santos are top 10, they you guys must've thought Houston Alexander and Sokodju was top 10 LHW as well..
laugh.gif

Here is sherdog's latest top 10 for heavyweights:

1. Fedor Emelianenko (28-1, 1 NC)
If there has been one criticism of MMA's premier heavyweight, it's that Emelianenko has not met the best of his contemporaries over the last threeyears. He responded with a 36-second thrashing of Tim Sylvia in July, and he will look to further prove his supremacy over the division on Jan. 24 when hetakes on another former UFC heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski, in the Affliction "Day of Reckoning" headliner.

2. Andrei Arlovski (14-5)
This year offered Arlovski a great opportunity to rebuild himself, and he did so brilliantly. With his knockouts of Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson, he has earnedhimself the biggest fight of his career -- a meeting with the sport's finest heavyweight, Emelianenko, in the main event of Affliction's sophomoreeffort on Jan. 24.

3. Josh Barnett (23-5)
Gilbert Yvel will be next for Barnett at Affliction "Day of Reckoning," should the California State Athletic Commission choose to forgive the dirtyDutchman's past indiscretions. The real prize for catch wrestling's proudest proponent, provided Barnett wins, would be a showdown with the winner ofthe Emelianenko-Arlovski bout.

4. Frank Mir (12-3)
In a fight that he was almost universally counted out of, the former UFC champion turned in the best performance of his career, technically trumping AntonioRodrigo Nogueira en route to becoming the first man to ever stop "Minotauro." Now, sometime in 2009, Mir will have to duplicate his February win overBrock Lesnar to become the UFC's undisputed heavyweight king.

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1, 1 NC)
Nogueira, the early favorite in the UFC's ad hoc heavyweight tournament, turned in a woeful performance against Mir, who completely took apart the formerPride heavyweight champion before finishing him off with punches in the second round. He's still a top heavyweight, but Nogueira has a long way to go toerase memories of such a lopsided loss.

6. Brock Lesnar (3-1)
With the first legs of the UFC's heavyweight tournament over, Lesnar will have the chance to make an enormous statement in just his fifth professionalbout. He will take on Mir -- the man who handed him his first career loss at UFC 81 -- in a UFC heavyweight title unification match.

7. Randy Couture (16-9)
Couture's post-retirement run came to a screeching halt in his first post-resignation bout, as he returned to the Octagon for the first time in 15 monthsand was knocked out by Lesnar in the second round at UFC 91. The defeat left questions about what "The Natural" has left in the tank.

8. Tim Sylvia (24-5)
There's no clear next step for Sylvia. The two-time UFC champion's looking to drum up interest from Japanese promoters, as well as chasing apotentially lamentable bout with elder statesman Ken Shamrock, who would hardly offer Sylvia real competition.

9. Ben Rothwell (29-6)
A bout with Pedro Rizzo at Affliction's Jan. 24 show did not materialize. Instead, Rothwell got in a tidy tune-up bout, bashing an overmatched ChrisGuillen at Adrenaline MMA's second event on Dec. 11.

10. Alistair Overeem (29-11, 1 NC)
Despite his outstanding trash talking efforts, Overeem was unable to secure a rematch with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic at K-1 "Premium 2008Dynamite" on New Year's Eve. Instead, Overeem will get a K-1 rules bout with K-1 World Grand Prix runner-up and resident Bad Boy Badr Hari.

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

If Cain or Dos Santos are top 10, they you guys must've thought Houston Alexander and Sokodju was top 10 LHW as well..
laugh.gif
Those are two completely different weight classes...
eyes.gif
Youcan't compare a division that stays stacked to one of the weaker divisions right now... Not to mention Cain and Dos Santos are complete prospects, highlytouted from the jump. Houston wasn't, all he did was knock out a fringe contender, that was it. Soko is just a straight disappointment. Dude doesn'teven use any of his judo in his fights.

I can make a case for Cane but Dos Santos? the guy has yet to face even better competition.
I can guarantee that if Dos Santos fought Werdum again the same thing would happen. This guys is LEGIT and it I'm wrong I'll come back andeat my crow.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/bruce-buffer-896727/http://www.sherdog.net/fo...s/f2/bruce-buffer-896727/

Has anyone read this thread on sherdog?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Its hilarious

are you kneeling down in front of him?
*does a sharp Buffer like turn*

and this is the latest Ipod!

roll.gif

Do his little spin move then say "may I help you?"
ITS TIIIIME!!!!!!!!, to upgrade your ipod.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
oh sh
laugh.gif

I love sherdog sometimes (and BB.com)
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sherdog's P&M forum is ridiculously entertaining!
eek.gif

Wattup fellas...Mayhem, monopoly,demon the rest. Its been awhile.............CANT WAIT FOR THE 31st of this MONTH! Ill be there in vegas! Got my tickets, andteam penn 94 corner shirt. The fight is going to be CRAZY!

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Wattup fellas...Mayhem, monopoly,demon the rest. Its been awhile.............CANT WAIT FOR THE 31st of this MONTH! Ill be there in vegas! Got my tickets, and team penn 94 corner shirt. The fight is going to be CRAZY!
Sweet! One of my goals for 2009 is to go to a UFC event in Vegas.

I'll be rooting for Penn but I think GSP has the overall better chance of winning.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Wattup fellas...Mayhem, monopoly,demon the rest. Its been awhile.............CANT WAIT FOR THE 31st of this MONTH! Ill be there in vegas! Got my tickets, and team penn 94 corner shirt. The fight is going to be CRAZY!
Sweet! One of my goals for 2009 is to go to a UFC event in Vegas.

I'll be rooting for Penn but I think GSP has the overall better chance of winning.
Hopefully one of the UFC's goals is to hold an even in New York.
pimp.gif
I respect that NY has always been a boxing town but cmon Commission!

Some weight division shifting?

diego rumoured to 155. Possible fight with stevenson?

wandy rumored to 185? apparently he wants a rematch with liddell first tho.

other notes:

nt's next big thing anthony johnson set to fight luigi fioravanti on feb 17. ufc sure seems to be weening him alongslowly. should be able to stomp fioravanti's flabbyass.

ufc 93 main card looks dope as hell on paper. should have been free on tv with the time delay tho.

rich franklin vs. dan henderson (decision)
shogun vs. coleman (tko round 2)
kang vs belcher (tko round 3)
palhares vs. horn (sub, round 1)
davis vs. lytle (decision)

davis/lytle could easily be fight of the night.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I envy you for that!!!

Now that AZ has regulated MMA, I'm hoping they at least come thru for a Fight Night or TUF Finale. Hell, the NFL gave us the SUPER BOWL, I'm sure Danacan give us the UFC!! If RITC can host events at both Jobing.com Arena AND US Airways Center, I'm sure UFC can too!!

UFC 95 will be free on Spike, via tape delay. I'll take a free PPV card anytime I can get it. I got Dirty in this one:

Ultimate Fighting Championship fans (and their wallets) will get a break next month for UFC 95.

As rumored and expected, the overseas event will, in fact, air on Spike TV rather than pay per view.

Sources close to some of the fighters on the Feb. 21 fight card today told MMAjunkie.com that the event, which takes place at the O2 Arena in London, England,will air via tape delay on the basic-cable station.

As for UFC 93:

rich franklin vs. dan henderson
shogun
vs. coleman
kang vs belcher
palhares vs. horn
davis vs. lytle

tired.gif
�@ Gomi. What happened to that boy?

I'm wide awake right now. Catching up on my mma news.

Interesting quote from Freddie Roach, as some of you may know, is training the Pitbull for his fight with the mighty Fedor.

"As far as his stand up game, we'll kill him. If we can keep the fight standing up, if he chooses to fight uslike a man, we'll dominate him…He throws one punch after the other. He's very predictable. He makes the same moves every time. He's very common.His boxing game is weak. From what I can see, I think Andre's going to be sharper. I think we're going to knock him out."

Arlovski better back up this smack talk...

tired.gif
�@ Gomi. What happened to that boy?

werd. Gomis my boy but mentally he aint focused like he used to be. he needs to get on that "got my country on my back" mentalitylike pacquiao and train hard. Hes been training at his gym helping his students and such...he said him self he needs to get back into high level training withgreat fighters/trainers.
smokin.gif

sux to see my fav fighter like that.

hopefully AA can KO fedor
laugh.gif
, use his sambo background to try andneutralize the takedowns/clinches. big chance that fedor will just judo throw him and sub him in the 1st tho, prolly aint gonna come out boxin
grin.gif

"As far as his stand up game, we'll kill him. If we can keep the fight standing up, if he chooses to fight us like aman, we'll dominate him…He throws one punch after the other. He's very predictable. He makes the same moves every time. He's very common. Hisboxing game is weak. From what I can see, I think Andre's going to be sharper. I think we're going to knock him out."

.......fights us like a man? wth...i hope Fedor takes AA arm back with him.

Originally Posted by wildout4

this fights going to the ground and i dont see AA doing anything to stop fedor

We all probably agree that Fedor can submit AA if he wants but I'm wondering if Fedor will try to prove everyone wrong and try to stand with AA.

Need to figure out how I'm gonna watch this card. None of my friends are ordering it, neither am I. I might have to watch at BWW, although I HATE not beingable to hear the announcers during the fights.
ohwell.gif

MAIN CARD
  • Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
  • Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
  • Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang
  • Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares
  • Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Alexandre Barros vs. Martin Kampmann
  • Antonio Mendes vs. Eric Schafer
  • Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati
  • Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
  • Denis Siver vs. Nate Mohr

well diego sanchez vs joe stevenson at 155 appears to be set for UFC 95 in london.

and anderson silva vs thales leites tenatively set for ufc 97 in montreal?

im under the impression that the ufc will insert gsp instead of leites if gsp beats bj .

Worst news I've heard so far this year. Not a good look for my boy Roger
ohwell.gif

Huerta Passes on UFC Contract
Friday, January 09, 2009
by Loretta Hunt (lhunt@sherdog.com)

Roger Huerta wants to flex a new muscle.

The popular lightweight has turned down a new five-fight contract with the UFC to pursue a career in acting in 2009. Huerta has one more fight on his current contract with the UFC that will see him back in the Octagon some time before December. After that, Huerta said he'd re-evaluate his options.

"I'm not burned out [with fighting]," said Huerta. "I have one fight left with the UFC and I want to honor that. As soon as they tell me to fight, I'll fight my last fight on the contract."

After getting bit by the bug last summer shooting a role in the film "Tekken," Huerta said the timing felt right to tackle a wholly different challenge.

"I saw that you have to dedicate as much as you do to training for a fight as you do for an acting role and I'm intrigued by that," said Huerta. "I'm 25 years old. I see Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture and they didn't really hit their primes till their thirties. I'm only going to be young so long and I know that movies and agencies and what not want the young look."

The handsome bi-lingual fighter was pushed heavily on the press following his rousing victory over Leonard Garcia at UFC 69 in April 2007. The performance landed the Minneapolis resident the cover of Sports Illustrated that May - a first in the sport's 15-year history. However, Huerta believes it was his gut-wrenching performance against Clay Guida at "The Ultimate Fighter 6" finale in December 2007 that brought on his popularity with fans.

"I felt naked after that fight because I gave everything I had in there, from physical abilities to my emotions," said Huerta. "I was a little messed up in the head for the next two months. That last round took a lot out of me. I went to another level mentally."

Though Huerta (20-2-1, 1 NC) fought and won five times in 2007 -- culminating with the Guida bout -- his schedule became muddled the next year. In 2008, he entered the cage only once and lost to Kenny Florian via unanimous decision at UFC 87 last August.

Huerta's contract was extended for two six-month periods during that time due to his inability to commit to fights that were offered to him. Over the summer, Huerta made plans to return to Augsburg College, but the opportunity to play Miguel "The Matador" Rojo in the feature film adaptation of the popular video game "Tekken," proved too good an opportunity to pass up. Huerta remains one class shy of his Bachelor's Degree, while the film, in which Huerta has a small speaking role, is due out in fall 2009.

Huerta also turned down a fight with Joe Stevenson at UFC 95 on Feb. 21 in London, due to "personal family issues." Stevenson will now face Diego Sanchez instead.

Huerta's reps believe the fighter's future in film looks promising. Huerta recently signed a three-movie development deal with Lion's Gate films, whose recent projects include "The Transporter 3" and "The Spirit."

"Roger loves fighting for the UFC, but it doesn't make sense for him to re-sign and continually let them down when he can't take fights due to other projects," said Huerta's manager Jeff Clark, of NCFC Fight Management. "They have a business to run and schedules to keep as well."

Still, others might see a different motivation for Huerta's decision not to sign on the dotted line this time around. Huerta caused waves last July in an interview with Fight! Magazine where he voiced discontent with the UFC's pay scale and the public relation responsibilities placed on fighters for little to no pay.

Huerta said he was spread too thin between appearances and his first movie role at the time and misspoke.

"I was thinking like a young kid," said Huerta of the infamous interview. "I'm young and people make mistakes."

Huerta and his management downplayed any ill will with Zuffa LLC., which owns the UFC. In fact, Huerta says his relationship with UFC owners Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White, the promotion's president, has never been stronger.

"I personally look up to Lorenzo and Dana," he said. "This sport wouldn't be where it is without them. With the $40 million in the hole and Dana grinding it out through everything, and putting the sport on the map, we owe them a lot."

Without his income from fighting, Huerta said he'll supplement his bank account with appearances and seminars while he takes acting classes. He also plans to join one of his trainers in Los Angeles for auditions through a talent agent who coordinates with his NCFC fight management.

He said he had no plans to talk to other promotions once his UFC contract's non-compete period is satisfied some time around April 2010.

"The UFC is my home and it is my family and eventually I'll come back," said Huerta. "Pursuing the modeling and acting thing, that's kind of where I'm at right now. The fighting will always be there. I'll always have that in me. The truth is I've been fighting my whole life for everything, and this to me, is something else."

I'm very disappointed and I won't root for him anymore. He's got so much potential and this break will halt his development as a fighter.

Think you'll have the same skills years after taking a break? Man, you gotta be more mentally prepared than physically prepared for that.

$$$$ talks really.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Need to figure out how I'm gonna watch this card. None of my friends are ordering it, neither am I. I might have to watch at BWW, although I HATE not being able to hear the announcers during the fights.
ohwell.gif

MAIN CARD
  • Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
  • Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
  • Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang
  • Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares
  • Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Alexandre Barros vs. Martin Kampmann
  • Antonio Mendes vs. Eric Schafer
  • Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati
  • Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
  • Denis Siver vs. Nate Mohr

Whoa... that main card is very even matchmaking... bravo, joe silva... bravo.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Interesting quote from Freddie Roach, as some of you may know, is training the Pitbull for his fight with the mighty Fedor.

"As far as his stand up game, we'll kill him. If we can keep the fight standing up, if he chooses to fight us like a man, we'll dominate him…He throws one punch after the other. He's very predictable. He makes the same moves every time. He's very common. His boxing game is weak. From what I can see, I think Andre's going to be sharper. I think we're going to knock him out."

Arlovski better back up this smack talk...

seriously, i know freddie roach is well respected as a trainer, but what is this dude talking about, fedor's not the best striker but he hits hard as $!!+,guy breaks his hand pretty much every fight from punching so hard, i dont think fedor's scared to stand with anyone, the only person i can think ofwho's made fedor hesistant to stand is probly crocop but that dude's kicks will destroy anyone if they land

as for gomi, this guy should never allow the fight to stay on the ground, we all know he's got bricks in those hands

Back
Top Bottom