Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
illphillip

Dont even both with this dude clutch. Dude thinks he drops knowledge but hes been called out on saying stupid since like the start of this thread...
ing to think this cat had no @#%$ idea what he was talking about. Just a lot of circular talk and contradiction. With the exception of his very last statement about Forrest "riding wins".

Thank you for confirming.

This dude, quotes me, as if to retort, then says nothing. And then spazzes out saying @#%$ like......

Quote:
Is this whole 'no points' because you're trying to discredit me or because you're just slow?

How can you not see my point?

You basically said that if Forrest deserves a shot then Silva could get one too.

I replied by stating why Forrest does and Silva does not.

How is it hard to see the point there? Gimme a break with that 'i dont see your point' BS. You know damn well you do.
TEAM AM FAM
illphil93@aol.com/AIM illphillip
AF1 4 Sale: Puerto Rico 5 Sz. 9.5/Halloween 1 Sz. 9.5
MORE AF1 HEAT Sz 9.5 10 in Buy/Sell (no 25th Ann.....)

I'm staying sucker free in here, but want to keep the MMA thread alive, so.....

Noguiera vs Kongo *Confirmed* for UFC 79 in December.

Word is Nog would have fought Randy, yes, after one fight, but Randy's broken arm is keeping him out.

Though had Cro Cop beaten Kongo, Nog vs. CroCop would have been epic.

Where is Arlovski these days?

Rumor is that Houston Alexander will fight Thiago Alves.

Because that's what the UFC does. Develop up and coming fighters before they throw them in with Top 5 fighters.

Please see Rashad Evans, Brandon Vera, Roger Huerta, Michael Bisping and all if you need proof. Forrest wouldn't have even fought Shogun if he hadn't asked for it.

:smile:
smile.gif
TEAM AM FAM

^ I'll have to give Nog the W over Kongo. And if Randy can beat Nog, that will be amazing.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

any recent news on bj penn?
"Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person turn to the Internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met..."FOR SALE: LEBRON IV GOLD ALL STAR SIZE 9.5 DS
WANTED: FOAMPOSITE ONE ROYAL BLUE SZ 9.5

Quote:
^^

Nog is a TOUGH mother . TOUGH.

But can you bet against Randy at this point?

I feel you. I would take Randy to be honest. The fight would go to the ground. At that point its pretty much Randys wrestling vs. Nogs BJJ. And while Nogs BJJ is incredible, Randy has shown he has some badass submission defense and wrestling when he grappled with Jacare.

Quote:
any recent news on bj penn?
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

im lazy to research, what happend to babalu? joe riggs?
TEAM CIRCUMSIZED​
I was man enough to go through it...are you?​

^sobral had his contract dropped after he failed to immediately release an anaconda choke on david heath when the referee stepped in.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

^^^^

On point. At the Strikeforce event this past weekend, they announced the Babalu signing and Riggs TKO'd Eugene Jackson in the 1st round.

Nog vs. Randy is just one of those fights. Couldn't tell you who I think might win or who I want to win more, as I am a @#%$ FAN of both fighters.

This is one where I just sit back and hope the fight itself is as great as the fighters......
TEAM AM FAM

Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping will headline November 17th in Newark, NJ.

I'm thinking of going to this show. Anyone else interested?

would rather see Tito Rashad II.

however im up for a Karo fight.

debut of Ryo Chonan as well.

Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

I think I'm going to try to hit the NJ show.

I know a cat who books Bruce Buffer for appearances. Trying to work a hook up.

Bisping/Rashad is a solid fight. I'd love to see Tito/Hendo as a result of this now.

I believe a wise man in here once suggested that you should have developing guys like Bisping, Alexander, and Hamil fight Tito or Rashad or some of the other lower tier LHW's like Lambert etc.....

TEAM AM FAM

I had the weirdest dream that some guy from pride, I think Sakuraba came into UFC and beat Wanderlei with a crutch at ringside and I started crying in the dream when I saw they were making it fake like the wwe. :lol:
laugh.gif
This happiness is killing her.

www.myspace.com/polyamorousboy3

Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva Added to UFC 78
Posted by MMA Junkie on October 4, 2007 at 9:32 am ET

Houston AlexanderHours after the UFC announced that a light-heavyweight bout between Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping will headline UFC 78, the organization announced an additional bout for the Nov. 17 event: Houston Alexander (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) vs. Thiago Silva (11-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC).

UFC 78 takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. and is expected to air on pay-per-view.

This latest bout could propel one of two promising 205-pound fighters into title contention.

Akexander splashed onto the UFC scene with a quick 48-second knockout of Keith Jardine at UFC 71. He followed up that KO with an encore performance over Alessio Sakara last month at UFC 75, defeating the Italian in just 61 seconds. The Nebraska-based hip-hop DJ has come out of almost complete obscurity right on the cusp of the light heavyweight divisions elite.

Hell now take on an undefeated Silva, who also posted victories at UFC 71 and 75. Silva defeated James Irvin in July when his opponent suffered a knee injury early in the bout, and he then posted a second-round TKO of Tomasz Drwal earlier this month in London.

The Alexander-Silva bout will likely make the televised portion of the event.

The UFC also confirmed some rumored fights MMAjunkie.com previously reported, including Karo Parisyan vs. Hector Lombard, David Terrell vs. Ed Herman, and Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher.

Houston vs. Silva... coughnothendocough.
ASU Sundevils
NC STATE WOLFPACK
*​

Arlovski was on Springer for some odd reason as a guest bouncer or whatever. I guess that last fight with Werdum left a sour taste in Joe Silva's and Dana's mouth.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

@#%$ blows......

Oh well. We've had some great heavyweight fights WITHOUT Fedor for a while now. Guess it'll stay that way.

Although I guess I shouldn't rule out that he could fight Barnett or some of the other free agent heavies.

Curious to see what the UFC does if Vera and Nog both win their fights. Who gets the shot? Both are worthy. Either way, great fights.

Arlovski/Cro Cop would be great. My only concern is that at this point, neither dude would engage and it will look like the last Arlovski/Sylvia fight.

TEAM AM FAM

So who pumped all the money into M-1? I've read the likes of Bill Gates, Shane McMahon, and Mark Cuban.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

This is posted on mmajunkie.com:

Report: After UFC's Failure to Sign Fedor Emelianenko, Randy Couture leaves UFC

With the UFCs apparent inability to sign top free agent Fedor Emelianenko to a contract, current UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture has reportedly decided to walk away from the UFC and the two fights remaining on his current deal.

The shocking news comes from The Fight Network, with whom Couture has a longtime relationship. According to the website, Couture delivered his resignation with a letter to UFC President Dana White.

I appreciate this opportunity the sport of MMA and the UFC has given me, Couture told the website. However, Im tired of swimming upstream at this stage with the management of the UFC. It only makes sense at this point in my career to fight Fedor Emelianenko, and since hes now signed with another organization, I feel like its time to resign and focus on my other endeavors.

Emelianenko the current PRIDE heavyweight champion and the most sought-after free agent in mixed-martial arts reportedly inked a new deal with the Russian-based M-1 Mix-Fight Championship promotion in the past couple weeks.

White made no mention of Coutures resignation nor any problems in his relationship with the fighter during todays UFC 77 media conference call. The two MMA notables appeared to have a very public and very cordial relationship.

UFC officials were hopeful that Couture would next defend his title against Emelianenko at a Feb. 2 show in Las Vegas. Fight fans had been teased by the possible matchup for much of 2007. MMAjunkie.com recently reported that Couture was supposed to headline the UFC 81 event regardless of the opponent, but it now appears the fighters career with the UFC is over.

The 44-year-old Couture, a UFC Hall of Famer, came out of retirement earlier this year to defeat Tim Sylvia for the heavyweight championship. Since the UFC 68 victory, Couture has reemerged as one of MMAs biggest stars.

He successfully defended his title at UFC 74 in August against top contender Gabriel Gonzaga.

Couture (16-8 MMA, 13-5 UFC) is one of the most decorated fighters in MMA history and the only athlete to ever hold the UFCs heavyweight and light-heavyweight titles. The former All-American wrestler has competed in 15 title fights in his 24-fight career.

Its too soon to know what the UFC will do with a now-vacant heavyweight title. However, top contenders Brandon Vera and Tim Sylvia are scheduled to fight next weekend at UFC 77, and fellow contenders Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira and Cheick Kongo are expected to fight in early 2008. The two bouts could set up a mini-tournament, with each fights winner facing off in a title fight at a later date.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Back
Top Bottom