Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

cung le got too comfortable.

his ground and pound was horrendous.

the fight could have been stop if he stopped throwing those weak hammer fist and dropped some elbows and left/right punches.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

the fight could have been stop if he stopped throwing those weak hammer fist and dropped some elbows and left/right punches.
No elbows to downed opponents in Strikeforce.

It looks like I'm going to be in the house for WEC 46. They JUST added Mike Brown to the card, which is awesome.

Anybody else going?

Originally Posted by coolgy023

laugh.gif
yeah i just realized tht after i wrote it in... still,cung should have varied up his strikes on the ground from other than hammer fists
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
yeah i just realized tht after i wrote it in... still, cung should have varied up his strikes on the ground from other than hammer fists
eyes.gif

He should have tried to mount Smith but I guess that is easier said than done

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

laugh.gif
yeah i just realized tht after i wrote it in... still, cung should have varied up his strikes on the ground from other than hammer fists
eyes.gif

He should have tried to mount Smith but I guess that is easier said than done
Well Cung's only been known as an "impressive striker," which outside of his kicks, I don't think he's very impressive atall. It just disappointed me that Smith wouldn't close the distance to stop Cung from throwing kicks. You could tell

Cung was tired after the first round though, so I was hoping Smith was going to comeback in the end. And sure enough, he did
pimp.gif

Also, amazing fight by Melendez and Thomson. You could tell both guys wanted the win. Some of the exchanges they had literally had me on the edge of my seat.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Horodecki got toyed around? Surprising.. Damn. I only caught the last two fights and then I see this kick at the credits. Definitely an eye opener to see that happen to him.

He's way too small for 155. Hell he's too small for 145.

Just finished watching Melendez/Thomson.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Strikeforce is gettin pretty hot. :hot

I cant wait to see Fedor VS Werdum and Alistair Overeem return. Plus Hendo, Cung Le, Diaz, and others are good.
pimp.gif
Now all the need is Sakuraba.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

It looks like I'm going to be in the house for WEC 46. They JUST added Mike Brown to the card, which is awesome.

Anybody else going?

Nope.

So the years comin to an end and its been a really good year of MMA as its on the cusp of blowing up in the mainstream.

What are you top 5 fights of 2009?

GSP v. BJ II
Brown v. Faber II
Fedor v. Arlovski
Sanchez v. Guida
Shogun v. Machida

no particular order..

bj penn vs gsp 2 would have been on my top list if it wasnt for the greasing incident. that totally changed the whole fight and put a lot of uncertainties oneverything.

shogun vs machida is one of my favorites just because it exposed machida's weaknesses and flaws, and it showed how good shogun really is.

melendez vs thomson 2 was good recently.

fedor vs arlovski & rogers was good. its always nice to see fedor ko people and see the true p4p fighter persevere when things werent going his way thewhole time.

Guess what boys and girls.... Thiago alves vs john fitch for the 27th!!!!!!
- http://twitter.com/malkikawa

ive been waiting a long time for this rematch, but the outcome seems a little strange, the winner is obviously the number one contender at 170

now fitch has won all his fights since his fight with gsp and a title shot makes sense for him, but alves hasnt had any fights since his loss and it would beway too early for a title shot even though he'd be the best contender

Originally Posted by rodster831

anyone watching Dynamite!! tonight?
card posted above should be right.
and with "mayhem" miller on the mic with the other numb nuggets,
its gonna be classic
all i need is Schiavello and his wacky comments
Dynamite!! is gonna be sick! I can't wait.
pimp.gif

i was just watching the bj penn documentary...

the part where he was first training in jujitsu and how he won the jujitsu world championship in brazil was so sick!!!
pimp.gif

are there any links for the Dynamite show?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

ive been waiting a long time for this rematch, but the outcome seems a little strange, the winner is obviously the number one contender at 170

now fitch has won all his fights since his fight with gsp and a title shot makes sense for him, but alves hasnt had any fights since his loss and it would be way too early for a title shot even though he'd be the best contender

alien.gif
I never even knew they fought a first time....WOW.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

now fitch has won all his fights since his fight with gsp and a title shot makes sense for him, but alves hasnt had any fights since his loss and it would be way too early for a title shot even though he'd be the best contender

I suppose that UFC 111. Pretty long layoff for Thiago, though I think he handles fitch the 2nd time. Alves looked small in the first fight and was justoverpowered in every scramble.

A matchup of two guys who lost to Machida who gave them their first loss. Should be a good one.

UFC 111 is gonna be
pimp.gif
if all the matches go according to plan.

Back
Top Bottom