Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Brock is looking o good right now. I really don't see him losing unless Fedor comes over but tat won't happen since he lost to Werdum. I think Brock takes Cain down and pounds him out fairly quickly. I think Lawlor and Cote get fight of the night. Wish they were showing Stout. Love watching that guy strike. Probably the best in MMA IMO.

I watched the Alvarez and Huerta fight.  Alvarez is a beast.  I knew he was a hard puncher but his kicks looked great.  Huerta's legs were messed up only after a few kicks.  He's already faced the top guys in Japan and I'm not sure if Bellator can find him any decent competition.
I read that Aldo turned down a fight with Florian in December.  I guess all that talk about fighting at lightweight was just talk and won't happen anytime soon.

Let's go Brock.  I expect tonight's fight to be awesome.  I think Velasquez's only chance to win would be to catch him with a bunch of punches and knock him down like he did to Nog.

I can't see Brock losing...he's just too much of a beast...but this will be his biggest test...funny we said the same thing when he fought Carwin...gonna be good

I like both fighters, kind of pulling for Cain, but I just don't see a way he beats Brock. This guy is just a freak and I don't think he can be beat for a while.

--Match order and weigh-ins for tonight's UFC 121

Jon Madsen (254.5) vs. Gilbert Yvel (249)

Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Dongi Yang (186)

Sam Stout (155.5) vs. Paul Taylor (155)

Daniel Roberts (170) vs. Mike  Guymon (170)

TV lights live on Spike at 9 p.m. Eastern

Patrick Cote (185) vs. Tom Lawlor (185)

Court McGee (184.5) vs. Ryan Jensen (185)

Live PPV fights

Diego Sanchez (170.5) vs. Paulo Thiago (170.5)

Brendan Shaub (239) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (254)

Tito Ortiz (206) vs. Matt Hamill (203.5)

Jake Shields (170.5) vs. Martin Kampmann (170)

Brock Lesnar (264) vs. Cain Velasquez (244) for the heavyweight title

--Not a lot of late notes.  At the weigh-ins, the two most popular fighters were Velasquez and Sanchez, but neither were super favorites.  The biggest reactions by far was for Lesnar, who was almost completely booed, and Tito Ortiz, who is from Huntington Beach and was still mostly booed. 

--Even  though there is 20 pounds difference between Lesnar and Velasquez, visually it looked to be 30 pounds.  Lesnar looks 280-285 even at 264.  He's several inches taller and just physically from a bone structure standpoint a lot thicker and larger.

--It is a virtual lock that should Lesnar lose, his next opponent would be Frank Mir.  In actuality, this is a no lose fight for the company unless the fight itself isn't good.  The winner will defend, most likely in the spring, against Junior Dos Santos.

--While nobody at UFC could confirm this, the word is that Herb Dean will referee the main event.

Going to the movie theater (Bay Street in Emeryville for Bay NTers) to watch the card. Has anyone else done this? It's $15, and last time it was about half full.

I hope Cain wins, but I think Brock's got this one.
ohwell.gif

Schaub vs. Gonzaga
Ortiz vs. Hamill

Sanchez vs. Thiago

Shields vs. Kampmann

Lesnar vs. Velasquez

who has the hook up tonight..?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

link?
Schaub vs. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Gonzaga: has to come back harder than ever, knocks out schaub.
[/color]
Ortiz vs. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Hamill: decision, or maybe he chin checks tito, tito needs to call it quits(i should put money on hamill)
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Sanchez[/color] vs. Thiago i see a late round knockout, thiago has this has been. hope im right

Shields vs. Kampmann i agree with this one, BAD match up for kampmann, late round KO or Ground and Pound Ko.

Lesnar vs. Velasquez this one i dont really know, of course i have to go with CAIN, but we may see brock rely on nothing but size and power, and lay his way to victory.

Back
Top Bottom