Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I'm really interested to see the judges scorecards on this one.

I guess you could have given Edgar rounds 2-5, but I wouldn't have.

the best eva grabbing the ref's leg 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

...a draw...the ufc judges gonna get heat for that decision...thought maynard had it...
ohwell.gif

No they won't. IMO no one should really be surprised.

...well since edgar showed heart and came back...then that's what the judges saw to make that decision...I think maynard scored more points with the knockdowns...edgar only had take downs n sub att.

IMO

Round 1: 10-8 Maynard
Round 2: 10-9 Edgar
Round 3: 10-9 Maynard
Round 4: 10-9 Edgar
Round 5: 10-9 Maynard

48-46 Maynard

I wasn't that surprised that it was a draw, more disappointed. Maynard def got the 10-8 1st, won the 3rd and the 5th was up in the air, I'd prob give it to Frankie, gun to my head.

I don't know if we see a rematch right away...maybe later in the year

So I guess Edgar vs. Pettis to unify the WEC and UFC LW Belts and then Maynard gets the winner of that.

...a draw...the ufc judges gonna get heat for that decision...thought maynard had it...
ohwell.gif

...well since edgar showed heart and came back...then that's what the judges saw to make that decision...I think maynard scored more points with the knockdowns...edgar only had take downs n sub att.

That is not how the fights are scored. Round are scored individually, overall performance in the fight is not considered 

Why did some of you guys give round 5 to Gray? Edgar stuffed all his take downs and I felt Edgar was more aggressive in the stand up for that round.

Thinking about it, I think 47-47 was the right score.

10-8 Maynard
10-9 Edgar
10-9 Edgar
10-9 Edgar
10-9 Maynard

47-47

But I think both rounds 3 and 5 could have gone either way, so any score ranging from 48-46 either way was a legitimate score imo.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

ohwell.gif

That is not how the fights are scored. Round are scored individually, overall performance in the fight is not considered 
I had it
RD1 Gray 10-8
RD2 Edgar 10-9
RD3 Gray 10-9
RD4 Edgar 10-9
RD5 Edgar 10-9 which is a draw

ohwell.gif

...I know how rounds r scored...and fight performance is a factor...especially since the champ came back from a knockdown almost KO...and won some rounds to make it a draw...

ohwell.gif

...I know how rounds r scored...and fight performance is a factor...especially since the champ came back from a knockdown almost KO...and won some rounds to make it a draw...

I don't know what you mean by fight performance, but coming back from a KO has nothing to do with it.  Everyone round is scored individually.  The fact that Edgar survived round one had nothing to do with how the judges scored rounds 2-5.

ohwell.gif

No it is not, not with the current system. Some judges may do it, but they shouldn't. 
And Frankie already got a gift against BJ, judges didn't give BJ the "champion's edge" in that fight. So I don't think anyone should bring up Edgar being the champ, or that making any sort deference, to defend this decision. 

A judge thought Frankie won that last 4 rounds, I disagree but I can see someone else seeing it that way, but don't tell me that the gave Frankie the fight because he is the champ, and made a comeback from a bad first round. That wound be BS and I would hope that judge never judges another UFC fight ever. 

ohwell.gif

they won't get heat for the draw, they got that correct.  i figure most scored the fight 47-47.  i think people were surprised all 3 scoring cards were different so it means none of the judges agreed.  some of the rounds were really close so the result won't be as controversial as really bad decisions like the phan garcia fight or any fight with garcia in it.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

ohwell.gif

I don't know what you mean by fight performance, but coming back from a KO has nothing to do with it.  Everyone round is scored individually.  The fact that Edgar survived round one had nothing to do with how the judges scored rounds 2-5.

...we ALL know each round is scored individually...the fact that Edgar (champ) came back(performed>maynard) and won the next few rounds(after being knocked down) to change that win for maynard to a draw=fight performance...

enough arguing.  the best part of tonight was brittney palmer made her debut as a ufc ring girl.  
smokin.gif
 playboy should pay up and have her and arianny fight nude in the octagon covered with oil.  

Originally Posted by shogun

ohwell.gif

they won't get heat for the draw, they got that correct.  i figure most scored the fight 47-47.  i think people were surprised all 3 scoring cards were different so it means none of the judges agreed.  some of the rounds were really close so the result won't be as controversial as really bad decisions like the phan garcia fight or any fight with garcia in it.
^this...IMO...if you score the rounds however u want to...47-47 is the total...yeah I saw that fight and that was terrible...

Originally Posted by shogun

enough arguing.  the best part of tonight was brittney palmer made her debut as a ufc ring girl.  
smokin.gif
 playboy should pay up and have her and arianny fight nude in the octagon covered with oil.  
^this...anyway good fights for being free...

Frankie Edgar will defend against Anthony Pettis next, with Gray Maynard fighting the winner.

Edit:
UPDATE - Frankie Edgar will defend against Gray Maynard next, not Anthony Pettis as announced earlier tonight at the press conference.  Dana White just made the call.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

ohwell.gif

...we ALL know each round is scored individually...the fact that Edgar (champ) came back(performed>maynard) and won the next few rounds(after being knocked down) to change that win for maynard to a draw=fight performance...

SMH, all of a sudden you changing your story

Back
Top Bottom